Basketball in SWVA sucks...especially the SWD...Exhibit #1

GMan

how in tha blue hell do you go from talking bout how Basketball in SWVA sucks...especially the SWD, to talkin bout Bluefield and the flippin Celtics. STICK TO THE DAMN TOPIC!!!! by the way, Carroll county will dominate Abingdon tonight. Travis green had 6 3-points easily the other night. "So get ya popcorn ready" as T.O would say

Okay, I know this is a basketball board, and I know Grundy's basketball team may not be able to even keep it competitive with Bluefield, but it just seems to me that the guy from Bluefield wants to say anything and everything bad about SWVA sports, and the SWD, and Grundy. So if Bluefield is so GREAT and ownes everybody in everything, then whey did Richlands-SWD beat Bluefield-WV? and you want to post about how great Bluefield and WV is and you have how many state championships Bluefield has and all of this..........Well Grundy-SWD has 15 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, has been ranked as high as #2,#4, in the TOP TEN, and in the TOP 25 NATIONALLY by USA TODAY, and USA WRESTLER. When was the last time Bluefield was ranked nationally in anything? when was the last time Bluefield had a nationaly ranked athelet in any sport? when was the last time Bluefield had an athelet in sports illustrated? Bluefied may kill everyone in the world at basketball, and congradulations to them on winning a state title in football, I am not saying anything bad about you, or Bluefield, all I am saying is that you say Bluefield is GREAT, well they may be good, but look at some programs around SWVA in the SWD and you will see GREATNESS.

[ QUOTE ]

Okay, I know this is a basketball board, and I know Grundy's basketball team may not be able to even keep it competitive with Bluefield, but it just seems to me that the guy from Bluefield wants to say anything and everything bad about SWVA sports, and the SWD, and Grundy. So if Bluefield is so GREAT and ownes everybody in everything, then whey did Richlands-SWD beat Bluefield-WV? and you want to post about how great Bluefield and WV is and you have how many state championships Bluefield has and all of this..........Well Grundy-SWD has 15 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS, has been ranked as high as #2,#4, in the TOP TEN, and in the TOP 25 NATIONALLY by USA TODAY, and USA WRESTLER. When was the last time Bluefield was ranked nationally in anything? when was the last time Bluefield had a nationaly ranked athelet in any sport? when was the last time Bluefield had an athelet in sports illustrated? Bluefied may kill everyone in the world at basketball, and congradulations to them on winning a state title in football, I am not saying anything bad about you, or Bluefield, all I am saying is that you say Bluefield is GREAT, well they may be good, but look at some programs around SWVA in the SWD and you will see GREATNESS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield beat Richlands 16-13...

VA is not a "WRESTLING STATE"...those schools that you mentioned emphasize wrestling whereas the rest of the state couldn't care less about the sport...they are too busy lifting weights for next football season...VA is a "FOOTBALL STATE".

Iowa, Pennsylvania...those are "WRESTLING STATES".

While you are correct that Iowa, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, ect. are better known for wrestling, go to a regular Joe in a mall, and say I am from Grundy, Christiansburg, Great Bridge, Colonial Forge, and I garantee they would know you where from Virginia because of one of these wrestling schools, rather than one of the "football schools" besides who are the great football dinasties that Virginia is known for anyway?

[ QUOTE ]

While you are correct that Iowa, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, ect. are better known for wrestling, go to a regular Joe in a mall, and say I am from Grundy, Christiansburg, Great Bridge, Colonial Forge, and I garantee they would know you where from Virginia

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, I doubt it. Most would look at you real funny and say "you're from where???"

okay buddy, Bluefield Beavers are the GREATEST around even though Grundy wrestling and several other programs around the state have been much more successful and are much better known.

[ QUOTE ]

okay buddy, Bluefield Beavers are the GREATEST around even though Grundy wrestling and several other programs around the state have been much more successful and are much better known.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you say boss...maybe you should get out of Buchanan Co. a little more often to see the real world...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i heard bluefield beat the bulls in 93, and the lakers in 2001..theyre tough to deal with. I heard MJ is scared to even enter the general area of bluefield due to the exceeding amounts of talent greater than his own

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about the Bulls or the Lakers but the Wave definitely couldn't handle Bluefield...two different styles of basketball...too many athletes and too much up-tempo...

"Cutty say 'e can't HANG!"

[/ QUOTE ]

"My momma didn't raise no dummy, I dug a rap!"

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly... i would have to say their is more competition in football than in wrestling. therefore, creating a dynasty in wrestling would be easier.

And i laugh so hard at the fact that you say VA is a wrestling state. VA is one of the best football states in the country. Dont believe me, ask frank beamer and his staff. Or better yet ask his opponents. He dominates with players mostly from his state.

Im just gonna leave you with a quote from one of the greatest football movies ever... "In Virginia, high school football is a way of life, it's bigger than christmas day."

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you say boss...maybe you should get out of Buchanan Co. a little more often to see the real world...

[/ QUOTE ]

we have..everyone of our titles came from Salem Va...BOSS

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we have..everyone of our titles came from Salem Va...BOSS

[/ QUOTE ]

Salem is only the beginning of the world...lots more to see other than the Salem Civic Center...just remember the State of VA ends at Salem...

bluefield has had Dexter Moore in Sports Illustrated and ranked nationally. along with this year, Ansel Ponder is ranked nationally for football. Isaball from about ten years ago was an All-American and was featured a lot in sports and ranked nationally. so i think you need to get your facts straight homeboy.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

He said USA Today top 25 nationaly ranked is wrestling. You said Va is not a wrestling state he meant on a nationaly ranked stage let me tell you this, West Virginia is very low on recruiting states in football. And I bet you they are lower than virginia in recruiting in football. WOOOO Tidewater region laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Pulaski Co 85

Abingdon 44

Pulaski 18 29 23 15 - 85

Abingdon 11 15 08 10 - 44

One of the "best" teams in the SWD loses by 41...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark my words..."Marion will compete for the SWD title this season".

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Pulaski Co 85

Abingdon 44

Pulaski 18 29 23 15 - 85

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every prediction I've seen has Marion finishing last in the SWD behind both Graham and Tazewell...I SERIOUSLY doubt they contend for the SWD title...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Pulaski Co 85

Abingdon 44

Pulaski 18 29 23 15 - 85

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every prediction I've seen has Marion finishing last in the SWD behind both Graham and Tazewell...I SERIOUSLY doubt they contend for the SWD title...

[/ QUOTE ]

o.k....now you've seen one prediction of them near the top.

We'll see....They play Richlands this friday, I guess we'll see how good they are then.

Virginia has the ignorant side of the state, and the working side of the state. There are three areas people know in virginia. The beach area, because thats where all the good football is(where else in the state does Beamer get his great players? no where they come from the 757 and the beach), northern virginia because of the closeness to the white house and dc and all of that, and south west virginia because of the coal mines. You say virginia ends at salem? okay, so how come not team beyond salem can beat us in wrestling besides c-burg who recruits, who this year has had 3 recruits leave already. I have no clue who you are, and I don't know if you hate wrestling, Grundy, south west virginia, or you are just ignorant. But virginia does not end at salem. virginia is not one of the best football states in the nation? texas florida alabama tennessee cali? you may could care less about wrestling, and wrestling may be easier to buid a dynasty in, in virginia. But we didnt build ours in virginia, you dont get a national ranking year in and year out and have nationaly ranked wrestlers and dominate the entire state for over a decade by only wrestling in virginia. We travel across the us to find competition, where as your great football schools scheduel games that they win 100 to 0 and never leave the state. of very few football coaches i know do. I honestly am not bashing anyone, school, or even sport. I am just saying you have no clue what you are talking about as far as wrestling.