Abingdon at Richlands

therealgame

The season is still very young, but Abingdon has been Jeckel-and-Hide so far. They have shown some explosiveness but also some inexperience. They are 1-0 in the district after beating CC, so tonight should be a pretty good indication of things to come.

Richlands is coming in at 0-1 in district after losing to Marion. I talked to alot of the players yesterday and they said they felt as if they played horrible and one of the main problems was that 3 of our players fouled out. You cant have that and win. Im intrested to see this game. Should be a good one. Starts at 9 tonight at "The Gym". Come out and see a good game.

Wow...Give Abingdon all teh credit in the world but we just flat gave this one away. We were up by 10 at one point and went into halftime down by 2. We scored 12 points in the whole second half. Thats pathetic. And Abingdon kept on getting off. rebound after off. rebound. We need alot of improvment if we are going to keep up with Twin Valley tomorrow night. 64-44 was the final.

Richlands problem is that they dont have a ball handler. They would be alright if they had a point guard. Jordan Barnette is a good ball player but he's playing out of position at the 1 spot. His defenders just have to play his right hand and Abingdon did that tonight and it caused alot of confusion tonight. I dont see Richlands finishing in the top 4 of the district.

NO top 4 finish in the district for the Blues this year. Maybe when we start the district tournament we can catch fire and bid for a post season spot. The season is still early but I hope these first four games are not a sign of what is yet to come. We played a weak Haysi and a traditional Hurley to get wins.....this team has the potential just don't know if we will ever see it. Some blame the officials for our last two short comings......but let's get real, this is not costing us a victory. Where's the Coaching......these guys at times look like a bunch Pickup Ballers on the court and for brief periods look like they are actually trying to run a play. To sum it up poor defense, rebounding, and lack of using a well needed time out at times. Somebody needs to remind this bunch they are a team and yes the Coach's are apart of this team as well. One good thing.....the season is still early and there's a lot of hope from this fan. Somebody needs to step up and take some leadership on the court and from the sideline. I like to see us make a run longer than the one I left in my shorts tonight after watching this game from the cheap seats. Good luck, Go Blues.