Marion and Battle

wah_wah

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like tid-bit and cpf are hatin on compton. did somethin in the past i guess to you two

[/ QUOTE ]

I aint hatin' on compton. I have said nothing but good things about him in this thread. Gosh!

[ QUOTE ]

saying things in a good way is one thing but thenthere is such a thing as being sarcastic. I think he might suprise a few people as a head coach. Hope he gets that chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will. His NFL pedigree will asure that. Why does he not want to go on and coach at the college level?

[ QUOTE ]

He won't do much unless they get an honorable principal and

a new Athletic director. The AD is a SNAKE IN THE GRASS and the Principal is the Snake Charmer. Good Luck I hope for the good of the players and all JSB athletes someone does something.

A group of parents called for a meeting with the superintendent to try and keep Coach Strong as coach and were told to have an initial meeting with Jeff Hawkins (principal) to find out if Coach Strong resigned on his own or was forced out. The principal never showed up, that says a lot about the man. The assistant principal and ad showed and would answer no questions about Coach Strong. The parents want answers and are getting the run around. There is a petition to stop this injustice from happening but no one is willing to help in places that are suppost to be here for the best interest of the players, parents, and school. That is why John Battle is not successful.

I let one daughter get ruined at Battle as far as sports go and I refuse to let my other two children go down with what is a sinking ship with no captain.

I would like to know why every coach and administrator that went to school at Battle is above the law-can someone explain that?

It does not matter what parents, players, or others do to save Coach Strong because it has always been the same and everyone associated Battle or in the county knows it. I WOULDN'T EXPECT STRONG TO RETURN NOW BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN TREATED LIKE A BUM ON THE STREETS AND I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM.

PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't like the athletic programs at school? Try rec leagues...there, everybody gets to play and everybody is a winner. Let's not forget that athletics is an EXTRA-Curricular Activity...Nobody has to participate, if they don't want to. Too much emphasis is plut on winning. Athletics should be about building character and preparing kids for society.

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like tid-bit and cpf are hatin on compton. did somethin in the past i guess to you two

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not hatin. But after listening to some people in Richlands in the know the last few years, he is not well liked at all. All fits into what was said, and I for one think it is hilarious! He may make a great HC one day, but maybe he needs to check the ego at the door first.......

Your WRONG. Mike Compton wuold do anything you ask him too. He bought the weight equiptment at RHS. Also he Gave of his time while playing in the NFL to come speek in schools to young people and tell them how important it is to have a good education. I would like to say one other thing about Mr. Compton he lives by the golden rule, and that is how we all should live.

Guest redneckman

Mike Compton will be the next head coach at Patrick Henry Glade Springs.

Ego! I know people that know him from way back and said he is still the same now as he was back then. Lot of people think it's ego just because he doesn't talk much to every person he sees.Some other people are just jealous because a good ol boy made out pretty darn good. I was told by a lot of people that know compton that once he gets to know you he talks to you and you see the real mike compton. That's coming from people that are close to him. Tid_ bit sounds like the younger child who needs all the attention. Sorry Tid! Time to cowboy up and be a man.

[ QUOTE ]

Ego! I know people that know him from way back and said he is still the same now as he was back then. Lot of people think it's ego just because he doesn't talk much to every person he sees.Some other people are just jealous because a good ol boy made out pretty darn good. I was told by a lot of people that know compton that once he gets to know you he talks to you and you see the real mike compton. That's coming from people that are close to him. Tid_ bit sounds like the younger child who needs all the attention. Sorry Tid! Time to cowboy up and be a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee whiz, I said he was great! Who are you his uncle cletus?

Nope, Don't know the man. But from what I hear and see he's a first class act. The way pro athletes are today, he deserves respect. The man is back in is home town coaching and teaching young people, not living somewhere else acting like he is better than everybody.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He won't do much unless they get an honorable principal and

a new Athletic director. The AD is a SNAKE IN THE GRASS and the Principal is the Snake Charmer. Good Luck I hope for the good of the players and all JSB athletes someone does something.

A group of parents called for a meeting with the superintendent to try and keep Coach Strong as coach and were told to have an initial meeting with Jeff Hawkins (principal) to find out if Coach Strong resigned on his own or was forced out. The principal never showed up, that says a lot about the man. The assistant principal and ad showed and would answer no questions about Coach Strong. The parents want answers and are getting the run around. There is a petition to stop this injustice from happening but no one is willing to help in places that are suppost to be here for the best interest of the players, parents, and school. That is why John Battle is not successful.

I let one daughter get ruined at Battle as far as sports go and I refuse to let my other two children go down with what is a sinking ship with no captain.

I would like to know why every coach and administrator that went to school at Battle is above the law-can someone explain that?

It does not matter what parents, players, or others do to save Coach Strong because it has always been the same and everyone associated Battle or in the county knows it. I WOULDN'T EXPECT STRONG TO RETURN NOW BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN TREATED LIKE A BUM ON THE STREETS AND I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM.

PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just watch for him and roll out the welcome mat. JSB next swva state champs!

[/ QUOTE ]Compton is going to ph.come on who would you coach for ph or jsb?ph is a football school.Jsb is a baseball school.Plus ph has had winning records in football with good coaches and has bigger boys.