Marion and Battle

wah_wah

Marion job is going to a guy from fort chizzle (Coach Thomas) he is a Emory boy. If he don take it then Briscoe from Marion will get it. As for battle Coach Mullins is getting that job and if he don't want it then Coach Perigen will get it. You all might not believe me but just set and watch.

Great! The guy that got fired from JJ Kelly and fired in North Carolina for lying on his application-----------Good Call! again I feel sorry for the kids Strong had a good thing going, finally some credibility and he gets run off. Again nice contact for his replacement. His rep is yelling to much at the kids so he should last about one year on the other hand he may last a long while and fit right in at Battle.

I never heard of him ever getting fired from anywhere. Where did that come from? Ask JJ Kelly if they would like to have him back, I KNOW we would. He is a very good coach, won over 100 games. Just because you think he yells too much is just am opinon. We loved playing for him and he is a good coach

The ad is a joke! He is unprofessional, rude, and treats the students like dirt. My daughter and many others would tell you that. I would tell to ask baseball players about it. The most important thing are the students and that is getting lost at JSB. I think the whole place needs to be gutted from administration on down. I wonder if we could hire from outside instead of hiring a bunch of people that went to school together. I believe that just because you went to school at a certain place doesn't mean you are the best fit or best person for the position. JSB will never change for the better unless someone higher up takes a very close look at what is going on there.

PS I hope Saunders gets the job, he is a good coach but the truth is the truth.

I have heard people mention 2 significant problems with Battle. First is the lack of a real community. There is really no town that claims Battle as "their school", which means it is difficult to draw crowds and even harder to raise money for programs. The second problem is being situated between Bristol and Abingdon. Many students living in the area are drawn to either VHS or AHS because they feel those teams will be more competitive. I don't have any insider info, but both of these arguments seem to make sense.

I heard that the great Mike COmpton will be taking all of his football knowledge to either MARION OR BATTLE. The luck winner of this sweepstakes will be the next state champ from swva!

[ QUOTE ]

I know Saunders is a canidate for the Battle job. That is a fact

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I heard that the great Mike COmpton will be taking all of his football knowledge to either MARION OR BATTLE. The luck winner of this sweepstakes will be the next state champ from swva!

LOL, that was hilarious! I am really suprised he wasn't handed the Richlands job after they lost the state final 2 years ago. You know, being it that he knows so much and all. Maybe he should worry about making his current team a little more respectable before building his own dynasty.

He won't do much unless they get an honorable principal and

a new Athletic director. The AD is a SNAKE IN THE GRASS and the Principal is the Snake Charmer. Good Luck I hope for the good of the players and all JSB athletes someone does something.

A group of parents called for a meeting with the superintendent to try and keep Coach Strong as coach and were told to have an initial meeting with Jeff Hawkins (principal) to find out if Coach Strong resigned on his own or was forced out. The principal never showed up, that says a lot about the man. The assistant principal and ad showed and would answer no questions about Coach Strong. The parents want answers and are getting the run around. There is a petition to stop this injustice from happening but no one is willing to help in places that are suppost to be here for the best interest of the players, parents, and school. That is why John Battle is not successful.

I let one daughter get ruined at Battle as far as sports go and I refuse to let my other two children go down with what is a sinking ship with no captain.

I would like to know why every coach and administrator that went to school at Battle is above the law-can someone explain that?

It does not matter what parents, players, or others do to save Coach Strong because it has always been the same and everyone associated Battle or in the county knows it. I WOULDN'T EXPECT STRONG TO RETURN NOW BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN TREATED LIKE A BUM ON THE STREETS AND I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM.

PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

[ QUOTE ]

He won't do much unless they get an honorable principal and

a new Athletic director. The AD is a SNAKE IN THE GRASS and the Principal is the Snake Charmer. Good Luck I hope for the good of the players and all JSB athletes someone does something.

A group of parents called for a meeting with the superintendent to try and keep Coach Strong as coach and were told to have an initial meeting with Jeff Hawkins (principal) to find out if Coach Strong resigned on his own or was forced out. The principal never showed up, that says a lot about the man. The assistant principal and ad showed and would answer no questions about Coach Strong. The parents want answers and are getting the run around. There is a petition to stop this injustice from happening but no one is willing to help in places that are suppost to be here for the best interest of the players, parents, and school. That is why John Battle is not successful.

I let one daughter get ruined at Battle as far as sports go and I refuse to let my other two children go down with what is a sinking ship with no captain.

I would like to know why every coach and administrator that went to school at Battle is above the law-can someone explain that?

It does not matter what parents, players, or others do to save Coach Strong because it has always been the same and everyone associated Battle or in the county knows it. I WOULDN'T EXPECT STRONG TO RETURN NOW BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN TREATED LIKE A BUM ON THE STREETS AND I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM.

PLEASE SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just watch for him and roll out the welcome mat. JSB next swva state champs!