G-men Basketball

schoolteacher

What has happen to Graham basketball? I enjoy going to the games, but in the last several years the girls are more exciting. I saw the team at BSC against the Beavers, and they have some young talent that can be developed with the right principles of basketball applied .I don't mean to sound critical ,but I would love to see a change in the coaching.Jr is a good guy ,but he is not that knowledgeable in the game of basketball. The kids ,the team, the school deserves better . Is this what we have to look forward to in the next two years when they could have a pretty descent team? I would love to see a change and I don't mean OBAMA either! Go G-men! Loyal Fan

[ QUOTE ]

What has happen to Graham basketball? I enjoy going to the games, but in the last several years the girls are more exciting. I saw the team at BSC against the Beavers, and they have some young talent that can be developed with the right principles of basketball applied .I don't mean to sound critical ,but I would love to see a change in the coaching.Jr is a good guy ,but he is not that knowledgeable in the game of basketball. The kids ,the team, the school deserves better . Is this what we have to look forward to in the next two years when they could have a pretty descent team? I would love to see a change and I don't mean OBAMA either! Go G-men! Loyal Fan

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you a Hillary fan lol? Anything better than W.

Carlock isn't that bad. He has some good young talent. Give it the next two years and see.

just throwin it out there, honestly theres some kids in the rec league in blfd that could get good playin time on the varsity and jv teams at graham, maybe they should recruit lol...

what kills graham and other taz county schools is there 7th and 8th grade teams playin 8 games a year, which its pretty much 6 games (no offense to pocy) but there middle school team is awful kids cant even dribble up to half court much less full court, someone needs to work with them for when they get in high school... why does taz county only play that many games while other area schools have full schedules dont they?

It is very strange that the middle schools only play a handful of games. We moved here over Christmas break and my eigth grader was hoping to be able to possibly play at GMS but their season was already over. Where we moved from the b-ball season is just getting cranked up good...even for the middle schoolers. They play around 16 games plus a post season tourny.

[ QUOTE ]

It is very strange that the middle schools only play a handful of games. We moved here over Christmas break and my eigth grader was hoping to be able to possibly play at GMS but their season was already over. Where we moved from the b-ball season is just getting cranked up good...even for the middle schoolers. They play around 16 games plus a post season tourny.

[/ QUOTE ]

WELCOME BACK!!! Where are you living?

Well, all this goes back to the Tazewell Co. School Board. They moved the middle school basketball season to Oct.-Nov. when the girls basketball season was moved from fall to winter. They claim this was due to "gym time". All it has done is limited the middle school's to how many games they can play and who they can play. Everyone else still plays during the winter. In the long run, and you are beginning to see it already, it will make the already weak basketball programs in Tazewell Co. even weaker.

For those parents out there that don't like it...pick up the phone and call the school board reps, show up at their meetings...you have the power to change things...

our 8th grade team won district from graham, they have a good grade with kids that can play ball... if they had a longer schedule and got to play and practice more they will be even better when they get up there, but that few games schedule kills them... grahams jv team this year is a result of just a few games schedule...

[ QUOTE ]

our 8th grade team won district from graham, they have a good grade with kids that can play ball... if they had a longer schedule and got to play and practice more they will be even better when they get up there, but that few games schedule kills them... grahams jv team this year is a result of just a few games schedule...

[/ QUOTE ]

my daughter played 8th grade b-ball and that team was fast and physical.if these girls get some good quality playing time next season,good things will happen for g-girls b-ball.

Yeah give it two years an it will be the same results. Its the same as it was last year. There are no superstars on the team but they are far from the worst. Ask anyone that has watched a game the last two years an they will tell you Graham needs a coach!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

i graduated last year and when we were in middle school we went 11-1 only lose was to glenwood.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not have had much competition then because glenwood is a tiny school that feeds into both PV and princeton, and neither is a powerhouse...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

some players do, at least thats what some of them told me when i was at their game the other day...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well its legal to go to PV if they want to after middle school, im just saying what i heard Queen. And the only person i know that went to Glenwood goes to Bluefield, and plays 3 sports for them...

[ QUOTE ]

It is legal to go anywhere they want once they leave Glenwood, it doesnt make them a feeder school of Pikeview.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is...after all...a free country. They could leave and go to school in Iraq, if they want.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It is legal to go anywhere they want once they leave Glenwood, it doesnt make them a feeder school of Pikeview.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is...after all...a free country. They could leave and go to school in Iraq, if they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a crappy bus ride to and from school...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you would have to ride the armor resistant bus.

That would be a crappy bus ride to and from school...

[/ QUOTE ]