the_truth

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Charlie Taaffe???

this guy was in the CFL last year and now is gonna come to WVU to run the offense. Is this a good hire? Is this Bill stewart hiring his mentor and friend or doing what is best for the university??? Will he run the spread? I say this hire is interesting to say the least.

Remember when Maryland won the ACC with that explosive offense and went to gator bowl in mid 2000's...that was taffe...he is a great coach...Holliday great recruiter....bill stewart is putting together a great great staff...wow...cannot believe it....took a pay cut to bring some very good coaches in...great job stew!!!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Remember when Maryland won the ACC with that explosive offense and went to gator bowl in mid 2000's...that was taffe...he is a great coach...Holliday great recruiter....bill stewart is putting together a great great staff...wow...cannot believe it....took a pay cut to bring some very good coaches in...great job stew!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

umm... if he is a great coach how did he end up in the CFL?

and what is the whole story on Holliday? why did he leave WVU to begin with?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Probly the reason all the others left too. Rich Rod

[/ QUOTE ]

umm like who? Honestly i have no clue who you are talking about...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Trickett left because of Rich Rod. and so did many other asst. coaches

[/ QUOTE ]

no he didnt. what is it now, everything that happens bad at WVU is now RR fault? Trickett left to go to FSU because they lost their Oline coach really wanted him and paid him more money, FSU is a more prestigous school than WVU, and he got to work with fellow WVU native Jimbo Fisher.

Are you gonna try and tell me Butch Jones left to a be a head coach at a D1 school too because of RR?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you prove that you cant blame it on RR. DOC HOLLIDAY LEFT TWO YEARS BEFORE RICH RODRIGUEZ EVER GOT THERE!!! he was an assitant coach from 1979-1999. so my question is why would he leave after 20 years to go to NC state? i really want to know...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Yes he did, he doesn't say it directly.. But you can tell there were some "issues" going on at WVU

Hold on, let me find the article..

[/ QUOTE ]

dont even try, there arent any. you are making it up. lets be honest, RR was not the reason coaches left. If fact, why did coaches leave with him to go to michigan???

Trickett did leave WVU because of Rich Rod. Trickett wanted a 3-year deal, but Rod wouldnt allow it. FSU offered him a 3-year deal and accepted

Don't you find it funny that trickett comes back to WVU right when rich rod leaves?

Get with the program...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I don't recall saying Doc Holliday...Or am I mistaken?

[/ QUOTE ]

here is what i said [ QUOTE ]

and what is the whole story on Holliday? why did he leave WVU to begin with?

[/ QUOTE ]

and your answer...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but now we know that cant be posiible...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Trickett did leave WVU because of Rich Rod. Trickett wanted a 3-year deal, but Rod wouldnt allow it. FSU offered him a 3-year deal and accepted

Don't you find it funny that trickett comes back to WVU right when rich rod leaves?

Get with the program...

[/ QUOTE ]

Me get with the program how about YOU?

Number 1, WVU DOES NOT HAVE AN O LINE COACH AS OF RIGHT NOW!!!! Geez, are you serious? Trickett is not even mentioned in the article linked in the beginning of this thread as one of the coaches interested.

Number 2. Rich rod loved Trickett and sang his praises. check this article out.http:// http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=119403

Rich also got all his assistants raises as well, lets not forget.

then, a few months later trickett leaves WVU for FSU.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

But for you to say that some asst. coaches didnt leave because of Rich Rod is just crazy.

From what i've heard, RR was a complete jerk and worried more about himself than any of his players or staff

[/ QUOTE ]

youve heard? well here is fact: he got his assnt coaches raises twice.

ill say assnt coaches left because of him when you show me some that have. lets go back...you said doc holliday did, when he never was under RR and left 2 years before he got there. RR loved trickett and right after RR got him a raise Trickett left.

the only other assistant that i know of left is butch jones, and he left to coach a D1 school that just won a MAC championship in Central Michigan.

Guest JJBrickface

Beavertail, I am one who knows without a doubt that Trickett and Rod didn't get a long. My good friend was a student manager and was around the coaches just as much as the players were. I have heard it from others that they didn't ger along but I know its true if it came from her.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Beavertail, I am one who knows without a doubt that Trickett and Rod didn't get a long. My good friend was a student manager and was around the coaches just as much as the players were. I have heard it from others that they didn't ger along but I know its true if it came from her.

[/ QUOTE ]

that could be true, but its also heresay. Honestly, i doubt there are any coaches that dont argue with each other anywhere. Im not saying she is a liar, but honestly i wont believe it unless i saw an article where trickett or RR said it. RR seemed to sing his praises a lot. Coaches argue, thats just the nature of the beast.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that could be true, but its also heresay. Honestly, i doubt there are any coaches that dont argue with each other anywhere. Im not saying she is a liar, but honestly i wont believe it unless i saw an article where trickett or RR said it. RR seemed to sing his praises a lot. Coaches argue, thats just the nature of the beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a coach is going to go public and say, so and so is the bigger F'in Ahole that Ive ever known? Its just not that they argued, they flat out didn't like each other. Just trust me.