Holliday, Dunlap others hired as WVU assistants

the_truth

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Beavertail, I am one who knows without a doubt that Trickett and Rod didn't get a long. My good friend was a student manager and was around the coaches just as much as the players were. I have heard it from others that they didn't ger along but I know its true if it came from her.

[/ QUOTE ]

that could be true, but its also heresay. Honestly, i doubt there are any coaches that dont argue with each other anywhere. Im not saying she is a liar, but honestly i wont believe it unless i saw an article where trickett or RR said it. RR seemed to sing his praises a lot. Coaches argue, thats just the nature of the beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a coach is going to go public and say, so and so is the bigger F'in Ahole that Ive ever known? Its just not that they argued, they flat out didn't like each other. Just trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would, but there are so much evidence to NOT support your statement... Trickett got offered twice to go to FSU, before he left but declined... why? Some reasons are stated in this article, one of thise being the money RR got him...

heres the link... http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/061307aao.html

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As JJ allready mentioned, he friend was a student manager and she would know more about this situation than any writer for a newspaper would. She would have be at every team meeting, pratice and games..

She would know whats going on more than both you and I. If she sais that RR and Trickett didnt get along, infact they hated each other. thats what i've been told by 20 people and thats what she's saying. Then I would have no reason not to believe her, over your articles that coach Rod praises his staff or whatever. And NO HC coach would come out and say "My offensive line coach and I HATE each other".

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

As JJ allready mentioned, he friend was a student manager and she would know more about this situation than any writer for a newspaper would. She would have be at every team meeting, pratice and games..

She would know whats going on more than both you and I. If she sais that RR and Trickett didnt get along, infact they hated each other. thats what i've been told by 20 people and thats what she's saying. Then I would have no reason not to believe her, over your articles that coach Rod praises his staff or whatever. And NO HC coach would come out and say "My offensive line coach and I HATE each other".

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, does she know what goes on at all football practices? How long as she been affilated with collge football, and how many different teams? does she know the normal relationship between college coaches?

Are these the same people that you said they told you RR bet 770,000 dollars on one game? (honestly, any transaction like that would send huge red flags to any bank and the NCAA, and would immediately be under question)

or the same people that told you RR was coming back? remember that rumor you started?

or what about saban?

And who knows, it may have been trickett who caused the problems. He pretty much forced a kid to transfer to South florida because of them butting heads. So even if they did argue can you blame it all on RR? And if they did hate each other why did it take 3 offers and a LUCRATIVE amount of money (and most writers agree that it was lucrative) for him to leave??? it doesnt add up to him and RR hating each other...

here is the link to where trickett butted heads with the OG...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=65310

And maybe it was Rod who caused problems?

Who are you to say that she didnt know what was going on at pratices? For all you know she could have more football knowledge than you and I put together. But you dont know, and I dont know. All I know is that she said they hated each other, and so have many other people. So i'm going to take her word over yours anyday because she was/is there and knows whats going on far more than you and me and JJ and any other writer for some newspaper.

Don't be so sure about the assistant jobs... Here is an article about Taffe and denial that he is the new OC at WVU...

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story...al_gam_mostview

Word is over Herdnation and in the Herald-Dispatch that Dunlap has not officially accepted the job either. Whether they do in the future is still up in the air, but as of now WVU has nothing...

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x607059249

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

And maybe it was Rod who caused problems?

Who are you to say that she didnt know what was going on at pratices? For all you know she could have more football knowledge than you and I put together. But you dont know, and I dont know. All I know is that she said they hated each other, and so have many other people. So i'm going to take her word over yours anyday because she was/is there and knows whats going on far more than you and me and JJ and any other writer for some newspaper.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is moronic. how can you avoid the fact that trickett had chances to leave but he didnt till Jimbo got hired and he got a WHOLE LOT of money. Plus, YOU dont know her JJ does, and he said that she told him that "they didnt get along" NOT that they hated each other, dont try and exaggerate things.

if they hated each other he would have left. dont base your argument over some girl who you or I do not know, nor has any credit on things like this, unlike the media.

Fact of the matter is, none of RR assitants left because of him, especially trickett who obviously left because of money and jimbo fisher. they may have argued, but it obviously wasnt enough for him to leave because he turned down numerous offers...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Probly the reason all the others left too. Rich Rod

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you prove that you cant blame it on RR. DOC HOLLIDAY LEFT TWO YEARS BEFORE RICH RODRIGUEZ EVER GOT THERE!!! he was an assitant coach from 1979-1999. so my question is why would he leave after 20 years to go to NC state? i really want to know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Holliday went to NCSU when Amato was hired. I don't think he and Nehlen were seeing eye-to-eye in Morgantown...

Rich Rod had a chance to go to Bama but made the decision not to. Why couldnt have trickett done the same thing?

None of us have enough evidence to prove that trickett finally had enough of RR and decided to leave, You can post all the articles you like about how Rich Rod always talked good about his staff, trickett and so forth. But you will never convince me that RR treated didnt cause atleast one of his coaches to leave because he is a jerk.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Probly the reason all the others left too. Rich Rod

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you prove that you cant blame it on RR. DOC HOLLIDAY LEFT TWO YEARS BEFORE RICH RODRIGUEZ EVER GOT THERE!!! he was an assitant coach from 1979-1999. so my question is why would he leave after 20 years to go to NC state? i really want to know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Holliday went to NCSU when Amato was hired. I don't think he and Nehlen were seeing eye-to-eye in Morgantown...

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. surprising someone not from wvu would know... wait no its not lol grin.gif

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Rich Rod had a chance to go to Bama but made the decision not to. Why couldnt have trickett done the same thing?

None of us have enough evidence to prove that trickett finally had enough of RR and decided to leave, You can post all the articles you like about how Rich Rod always talked good about his staff, trickett and so forth. But you will never convince me that RR treated didnt cause atleast one of his coaches to leave because he is a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

like ive said 5 times in this thread... what coaches left besides Butch Jones and Trickett... anyone know?

then we can talk about why they left, and consider if your loosely based hypothesis is correct.

And me calling RR a jerk goes way back before he even thought about leaving for Bama or Michigan. People have been calling him a jerk for years. But he produced very seaons and bowl wins. So why would people talk bad about him when he was winning?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

And me calling RR a jerk goes way back before he even thought about leaving for Bama or Michigan. People have been calling him a jerk for years. But he produced very seaons and bowl wins. So why would people talk bad about him when he was winning?

[/ QUOTE ]

no one said he was/wasnt a jerk. you said he forced coaches to leave WVU, but yet you have not come up with a name/ list of names to support anything you have said...

Trickett may have left on his own. But i'm sure if he had it his way he would have stayed. Like i've said about 5 times allready. Him and RichRod (as has been noted) have never gotten along. And I would immagine he finally had enough of RR's bull and decided to leave

But that cannot be proved, None of this can be. because we dont have any proof of this. I'm just going to what i've heard from people in Morgantown who would know more than most of us about the situation at hand...

I'll leave it at that.

[ QUOTE ]

i just love how RR was worshiped before he left and now all of a sudden he is terrible, was always terrible, and ran away coaches cause he sucked and was full of BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I said to that earlier in this topic

And me calling RR a jerk goes way back before he even thought about leaving for Bama or Michigan. People have been calling him a jerk for years. But he produced very good seasons and bowl wins. So why would people talk bad about him when he was winning?

GetMoeny, I dont recall anybody saying that he ran away coaches because he sucked.

it is just stupid. like i said, he was worshiped before he left. shirts were made proclaiming his glory, expressing the love that WVU fans felt for RR, but now because he moved onto something better, he is hated and the fans act like he didnt do anything and was an idiot. Granted even I feel as if it was rather rude that he left right before a bowl game, but taking into consideration that it is MICHIGAN and that if he were to have waited any longer that the job would have gone to someone else.

I just feel that it is absoultely insane that WVU fans are so quick to turn on one who brought them so much.

It was the way he left that many WVU fans got angry at. After calming down. I realized that going to Michigan was a better opportunity for him.

But Like i said, It was the timing of when he left that got most people angry, and all the rumors floating around and such..

Guest JJBrickface

She worked in the program our soph, junior, and senior year. She now works in the UCLA athletic department. She was there at all the practicesw and witnessed a lot. Like I say I stand by what she says that Rod and tricket didnt like each other at all.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

She worked in the program our soph, junior, and senior year. She now works in the UCLA athletic department. She was there at all the practicesw and witnessed a lot. Like I say I stand by what she says that Rod and tricket didnt like each other at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. she is probably right, but it takes 2, and it must have not been too bad for him to not leave for the first two offers...

[ QUOTE ]

it is just stupid. like i said, he was worshiped before he left. shirts were made proclaiming his glory, expressing the love that WVU fans felt for RR, but now because he moved onto something better, he is hated and the fans act like he didnt do anything and was an idiot. Granted even I feel as if it was rather rude that he left right before a bowl game, but taking into consideration that it is MICHIGAN and that if he were to have waited any longer that the job would have gone to someone else.

I just feel that it is absoultely insane that WVU fans are so quick to turn on one who brought them so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we all appreciate what RRod "achieved" at WVU while he was there, we all also know that his record wasn't great without pat white. About half of his wins came with White as our leader. We are a proud fan base and feel scorned when he left our team before a bowl game. He and our AD were like two kids kicking sand at one another in a sand box. He did a good job, I had my issues with his play calling at times. He did the players wrong. You can't do that as a coach. Coaches come and go, but some have the common courtesy to wait until the job is done for the year. WVU will be fine without him...............Oh and Trickett did leave because he didn't get along with Rod....Butch jones pursued a head coaching job......but rumors are some of those that went to tulsa...had issues with him too. He is a self centered individual. He proved that.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and Trickett did leave because he didn't get along with Rod....

[/ QUOTE ]

what a blind statement... all you have is one person saying they didnt get along, and all of a sudden its gospel.

Here is what we know:

1. FSU offered Trickitt for the first time: he declined.

2. FSU offered Trickitt for the second time: he declined.

3. FSU offered Trickitt the third time: he accepted.

3a. FSU aquired Jimbo Fisher, a in-state and lifelong friend of Trickett.

3b. FSU offered Trickitt a great deal of money.

4. Rich Rod openly stated that his success began with trickitt.

5. He also got him 2 pay raises.

6. We know now that Trickitt is not easy to get along with. He forced a great recruit to transfer from FSU to USF not long since being at FSU.

sure, they might not have gotten along, but how many people dont get along with their boss? id say there are a few out there. Point is, if they didnt like each other, why didnt trickitt leave. If he didnt leave and decided to stay with RR the first 2 times, how is it all of a sudden RR's fault? seems to me like he left for more money and the chance to work with his friend Jimbo...

if anybody knows of any other reasons and has something to back them up id be glad to hear them...