Holliday, Dunlap others hired as WVU assistants

the_truth

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and Trickett did leave because he didn't get along with Rod....

[/ QUOTE ]

what a blind statement... all you have is one person saying they didnt get along, and all of a sudden its gospel.

Here is what we know:

1. FSU offered Trickitt for the first time: he declined.

2. FSU offered Trickitt for the second time: he declined.

3. FSU offered Trickitt the third time: he accepted.

3a. FSU aquired Jimbo Fisher, a in-state and lifelong friend of Trickett.

3b. FSU offered Trickitt a great deal of money.

4. Rich Rod openly stated that his success began with trickitt.

5. He also got him 2 pay raises.

6. We know now that Trickitt is not easy to get along with. He forced a great recruit to transfer from FSU to USF not long since being at FSU.

sure, they might not have gotten along, but how many people dont get along with their boss? id say there are a few out there. Point is, if they didnt like each other, why didnt trickitt leave. If he didnt leave and decided to stay with RR the first 2 times, how is it all of a sudden RR's fault? seems to me like he left for more money and the chance to work with his friend Jimbo...

if anybody knows of any other reasons and has something to back them up id be glad to hear them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't type much because apparently it didn't get read. Read my post again and see if it was just Trick or if I mentioned Tulsa. I didn't say just one person said it....it was well known that they didn't get along. Rod has a huge ego and he has to be the man. That is why he is taking his staff with him. They are a bunch of "yes" men and won't say no or disagree with him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what a blind statement... all you have is one person saying they didnt get along, and all of a sudden its gospel.

Here is what we know:

6. We know now that Trickitt is not easy to get along with. He forced a great recruit to transfer from FSU to USF not long since being at FSU.

sure, they might not have gotten along, but how many people dont get along with their boss? id say there are a few out there. Point is, if they didnt like each other, why didnt trickitt leave. If he didnt leave and decided to stay with RR the first 2 times, how is it all of a sudden RR's fault? seems to me like he left for more money and the chance to work with his friend Jimbo...

if anybody knows of any other reasons and has something to back them up id be glad to hear them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't type much because apparently it didn't get read. Read my post again and see if it was just Trick or if I mentioned Tulsa. I didn't say just one person said it....it was well known that they didn't get along. Rod has a huge ego and he has to be the man. That is why he is taking his staff with him. They are a bunch of "yes" men and won't say no or disagree with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously they got along well enough for him to stay at WVU instead of going to FSU, how man times can we over look this. Everything was the same from the 1st to 3rd offers: same school, same players (maybe better), same money,same head coach, same city. yet he takes the job the third time... but why? well only 2 things changed Jimbo and $Money$. hmm... i think its obvious. they maybe didnt get along but it must have not been that bad...

what coaches went to tulsa, please gives names...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what we know:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously they got along well enough for him to stay at WVU instead of going to FSU, how man times can we over look this. Everything was the same from the 1st to 3rd offers: same school, same players (maybe better), same money,same head coach, same city. yet he takes the job the third time... but why? well only 2 things changed Jimbo and $Money$. hmm... i think its obvious. they maybe didnt get along but it must have not been that bad...

what coaches went to tulsa, please gives names...

[/ QUOTE ]

Herb Hand went yo Tulsa as co-offense coordinator

Guest BEAVERTAIL

thank you for the name rabidbeaver, after looking at him, he left for tulsa to be an offensice coordinator, while he was just a TE coach at WVU.

i think it was just an obvious step up for Hand.

Your welcome, word is that Stewert is trying to get him back as OC at WVU.Some people were impressed at the offense at Tulsa this year,plus he already knows all of the players and that Pat White went to Tulsa's bowl game this past weekend to give Herb the sales pitch. Hell of a salesman to send.LOL.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

yeah i read about pat white too, i think that would be a pretty good choice for WVU, even though he is kinda young. Seems like a good guy, and has done some good at wvu.

[ QUOTE ]

Your welcome, word is that Stewert is trying to get him back as OC at WVU.Some people were impressed at the offense at Tulsa this year,plus he already knows all of the players and that Pat White went to Tulsa's bowl game this past weekend to give Herb the sales pitch. Hell of a salesman to send.LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see him come to WVU. That Tulsa offense was amazing this year and eventhough it was a more balanced offense, I would like to see it come to WVU.

[ QUOTE ]

all you have is one person saying they didnt get along, and all of a sudden its gospel

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. I've had about 20 people tell me they didnt get along. But thats in the past

Anyways, I'd really like to see Oregons or App. States OC come to WVU. Somebody who knows how to run the spread to perfection

More balanced is the key word.Stewert has already said that he will still run the spread but will incorporate more formations in the offense next year. Did you notice that the two touchdowns that Noel Devine scored in the Fiesta Bowl came out of the I-formation.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I think it would be a good hire because he knows the system and the players. They also hired a guy Named Beatty(sp) from NIU who is from the VA.Beach area so maybe we can get some of that VA.Beach talent from VT.LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

now we wouldnt want that! lol.

I wish WVU would recruit more instate honestly, especially in the southern part. Seems to me like Jordan Roberts is getting a lot of offers from d1 schools, but WVU shows no interest. I would like them more if they would recruit instate honestly.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I think it would be a good hire because he knows the system and the players. They also hired a guy Named Beatty(sp) from NIU who is from the VA.Beach area so maybe we can get some of that VA.Beach talent from VT.LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

now we wouldnt want that! lol.

I wish WVU would recruit more instate honestly, especially in the southern part. Seems to me like Jordan Roberts is getting a lot of offers from d1 schools, but WVU shows no interest. I would like them more if they would recruit instate honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish we could also but lets face it, due to the population in the state of WV we just don't have the talent base compared to the surronding states have. As far as Jorden Roberts is concerned I think his size might have some of the schools backing off.I did not have a chance to see him play this year due to work but from what I haved gathered from internet talk is that the young man is extrenely quick and can stop and start on a dime but does not have blazing speed,not saying he is slow but doesn't have break away speed.correct me if I'am worng in my assessment.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

they did, but he is waiting for a few other schools, kansas i know, to see what they will give him. At least thats what i have heard too...

[ QUOTE ]

I read somewheres that BC offered him...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was said that they offered him and then withdrew their offer very quickly that same morning. Supposedly, he was also on the front page of BC's Rivals page too. He has the size to be a good defensive back at the collegiate level being around 5'10" and 205 lbs. or so. BC may end up offering him a scholarship if they have a spare one left over that they can afford to give. But it is very shocking to me that both WVU and Marshall have shown no interest in this kid...

BC offered an he accepted, verbally. no signing yet. WVU, Illinois and Michigan were teams that I know showed interest in him before. From what i had known WVU was wanting him badly, he was just undecided and never gave them any answer.

[ QUOTE ]

BC offered an he accepted, verbally. no signing yet. WVU, Illinois and Michigan were teams that I know showed interest in him before. From what i had known WVU was wanting him badly, he was just undecided and never gave them any answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have looked at the complete 2008 commitment list for Boston College and his name is nowhere to be found...

Rivals - http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?sport=1&school=9&year=2008#page1

Scout - http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=672&yr=2008

This is the article off the BC Rivals page concerning Roberts... Someone posted it on TriStatePreps and I am just gonna forward it over here...

http://tristatepreps.com/showmsg.asp?fid...930&style=2

News on Fitzgerald

Smith stands out

More recruiting news

Talk about it in The Eagles Nest

Jordan Roberts has the kinds of numbers that make people do a double take when they look at them. The Madison (W.Va.) Scott running back is just starting to get major attention but where will the 5-foot-11, 210-pound prospect end up?

Ken Babbitt

Will Jagodzinski and the Eagles get more involved?

Roberts rushed for 3,826 yards and 48 touchdowns on 336 carries (11.4 yards per attempt) this season and he had a breakout performance at the Max Emfinger all-star game last week. Rivals.com wrote that Roberts might have been the biggest sleeper all week.

Boston College was showing interest but Roberts said the Eagles have backed off recently. Others are becoming more involved. Ohio State, Kansas and LSU have been in contact, he said, and an offer from Northern Illinois has already arrived.

"(Boston College) said they needed a running back but they watched my game films and said I'm a real good running back but they said they were looking for more of a speed back," Roberts said.

"They said I was a good runner and I was big and powerful. I don't understand what they mean when they said I don't have the speed they were looking for in a back. The game films we sent them were kind of slow. That might have played a factor."

Roberts, who said he has been timed at 4.46 in the 40-yard dash, had a huge senior season and it was no fluke. His junior year was also big as he rushed for 2,107 yards and 32 touchdowns on 224 carries (9.4 yards per touch). As a senior, Roberts had 115 tackles, three sacks and an interception. In his junior year, he finished with 64 tackles and two picks.

With such big-time numbers why has his recruitment not picked up? Roberts said one reason is because of his location. Madison, West Virginia is not exactly a hotbed for football recruiting and not a lot of coaches come through that way.

Still, with the numbers he put up the last two seasons, it looks like some schools are getting involved. Will BC make a run at him? Roberts isn't sure. But he said other programs have been in contact and he's looking at all options.

"The Kansas coaches I've talked to are really interested in me," Roberts said. "I'm sending game film out to them. They said they didn't recruit West Virginia. They said that's kind of the trouble. That they didn't know about me.

"I do anything I can to get away from people (in the games). I'll break a lot of tackles. I'll outrun people. I juke a lot of people. I have real good hands coming out of the backfield, too."

Guest BEAVERTAIL

BC said he was a power back, not a speed back? not sure about that one... Sounds like Roberts was puzzled by that comment too.

[ QUOTE ]

nice article. i didnt know about KU and LSU until reading this. what were his numbers in that all american game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Roberts had 5 carries for 68 yards and a touchdown.