Bluefield vs. Wheeling Central...

GMan

this will be great. i think next years team will be just fine, as i truly think the next two-three years of bluefield football will be tops in the state.

from what Ive heard, if we do play each other it will be in Charleston on a satuday afternoon.

[ QUOTE ]

this will be great. i think next years team will be just fine, as i truly think the next two-three years of bluefield football will be tops in the state.

from what Ive heard, if we do play each other it will be in Charleston on a satuday afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

if thats the case ill just have to make a trip up there.

I think this game is a lose/lose for Bluefield and i wish they hadnt scheduled it. Not that the Beavs cant play with them but they will be very very young next year and i think WC has gotten some good recruits, er i mean transfers. My biggest thing is, if they lose, they've lost to a single A school (in classification only) and if they win, then thy should've won anyways, and i know they are likely to get more points by beating A WC vs AA anyone else but still, i just dont like this one!

i think it will be fine, honestly. everyone in the state doesnt even consider AA to be important. They think the only team that could posibly compete in AAA would be WC. Most people from areas of larger schools just show no repect to Bluefield so if we were to win this game, or even hang close with WC, it would be a great statement.

We will replace the line and thats the only small problem i see in next years team. However, we replaced the line from the 06 team and look what happened. Like I said earlier, I think these next few years, this one included, are gonna be prime for BHS football.

[ QUOTE ]

i think it will be fine, honestly. everyone in the state doesnt even consider AA to be important. They think the only team that could posibly compete in AAA would be WC. Most people from areas of larger schools just show no repect to Bluefield so if we were to win this game, or even hang close with WC, it would be a great statement.

We will replace the line and thats the only small problem i see in next years team. However, we replaced the line from the 06 team and look what happened. Like I said earlier, I think these next few years, this one included, are gonna be prime for BHS football.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I disagree with the statement about the larger schools giving Bluefield no respect. Bluefield gets plenty of respect from the larger schools and their communities. That's one of the reason so many of the AAA schools are so reluctant to schedule Bluefield; ask Martinsburg.

Secondly, replacing an offensive and defensive line is no small or easy task. Bluefield was very fortunate in '07 to find such solid replacements for the losses of '06. That isn't going to happen every season and there's no given it'll happen in '08. I do believe that there is some talented linemen in the underclassmen with very good futures ahead of them. However, that doesn't mean they'll automatically step in next fall and live up to their potential. The off-season program is going to be extremely important to developing a solid line on both sides of the ball. And regardless of off-season work, they'll all still lack in the game experience on the varsity level.

ive seen plenty of posts on other boards about how AA simply doesnt matter and that the only smaller school that is important is WC. just stating what I have experienced.

it wont be easy to replace the line, but weve got some good ones coming in. when they got into games this year they did just fine. when the offseason practices start up and they get into the workouts to become prepared i think they will be just as solid.

I have been told that these rumors are false, that Bluefield and Central haven't talked in weeks. Neither can afford to make the trek to the other's home field next season. Bluefield is in the process of putting together a road game to another state (not Virginia), which would give them five roadies in '08.

I have been told by a player and coach that Bluefield will play in Charlotte against a school next year. It will be home and home with the team coming here in 09. We have talked to George Wythe among 6 other VA schools and 4 AAA schools in WV and all of denied us. Right now we have 7 games set for 08.

The school is Charlotte Country Day, a private/independent school in Carolina. They have six official games with the Charlotte Country Day appearing very likely and another game at home now appearing likely as well to give Bluefield the necessary eight games for 2008.

[ QUOTE ]

I have been told that these rumors are false, that Bluefield and Central haven't talked in weeks. Neither can afford to make the trek to the other's home field next season. Bluefield is in the process of putting together a road game to another state (not Virginia), which would give them five roadies in '08.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as i know the rumors about us playing WC are false.

[ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear this from? From what i heard we werent going to be able to get them,

[/ QUOTE ]

Central contacted Bluefield late last week and stated they would now be willing to travel to Bluefield this fall. However, the last I heard nothing was officially set ...