Wow, Can Rich Rod really be this big of a jerk?

Guest JJBrickface

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

try again. The birmingham news first said it, and they technically were correct. Something happened when it came to contracts and thats why RR did not leave. he himself said that he was flattered that other schools were noticing him...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

and your point? They were told by other sources, and thats a fact. Its not like they came up with a bogus story, it was legit. Like ive said before, RR was gone if it wasnt for contract problems...

[ QUOTE ]

and your point? They were told by other sources, and thats a fact. Its not like they came up with a bogus story, it was legit. Like ive said before, RR was gone if it wasnt for contract problems...

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of contract problems? Hell he was going to make a lot more money at Alabama and his buyout clause was no way near what it is now. And I'am sure that some Bama booster would have paid it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

no its not? you said they were wrong, and they werent. they were only relaying info provided from a very reliable newspaper in the heart of bama, who said the only thing left to do was for RR to sign the contract. and they were 100% correct. They also said RR agreed in principle, which his agent confirmed that he did.

So you see, ESPN isnt wrong all time, they arent biased. they report the info they recieve. Sure, you may think people like Corso or Vitale are biased, but they express their opinions, not factual information.

[ QUOTE ]

last year Rich Rod leaving for Bama...they had it on sportscenter...

[/ QUOTE ]

I even heard that Herb Herbstiet(sp) say that RR was going to Alabama and that it was a done deal because he even made the commit to the effect that don't let RR country boy persona fool the Alabama folks because he was very tough and demands alot .

Anyways getting back to what I was talking about. WVU kept their promise of paying R.R. for what he did this past season. (Big East Champion, 10-win season, BCS bowl, BCS win)...

Why can't he just pay the 4 million and all of this crap would be over...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

last year Rich Rod leaving for Bama...they had it on sportscenter...

[/ QUOTE ]

I even heard that Herb Herbstiet(sp) say that RR was going to Alabama and that it was a done deal because he even made the commit to the effect that don't let RR country boy persona fool the Alabama folks because he was very tough and demands alot .

[/ QUOTE ]

please read my above posts. the birmingham news had the story first. Espn simply relayed what they had heard... Birmingham had an article out about it almost 24 hours before espn did.

honestly......he did a great job while here. I just think the second half of this seasn was spoiled with lots of things......talk about that in another post another time. However, noone wants a guy that is going toy with leaving every year to get some things he wants. Keep winning and things will come. Don't blow a shot at a national championship and then ask for stuff for you or anyone else. I say he is gone and good riddance. Our program will continue to flourish and be prominent. I'm ready for next year to start.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of contract problems? Hell he was going to make a lot more money at Alabama and his buyout clause was no way near what it is now. And I'am sure that some Bama booster would have paid it.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he wasnt. he was going to make 300,000 dollars more than at WVU. Then you factor in the 2 mil buyout, and all the new incentives WVU was giving him he was actually making more. That right there was the contract problem, he could make more at WVU plus he would be secure until 2014 at WVU, which was 2 more than Bama, and he would also be getting 500,000 bonus after 2011.

[ QUOTE ]

no its not? you said they were wrong, and they werent. they were only relaying info provided from a very reliable newspaper in the heart of bama, who said the only thing left to do was for RR to sign the contract. and they were 100% correct. They also said RR agreed in principle, which his agent confirmed that he did.

So you see, ESPN isnt wrong all time, they arent biased. they report the info they recieve. Sure, you may think people like Corso or Vitale are biased, but they express their opinions, not factual information.

[/ QUOTE ]

They report info they receive...that is what is wrong with journalism today....no checking and double checking sources before making it public because in the world of instant news everybody wants to break the news first without verifying,And as far as reliabable sources go.....please,give it a rest everybody nowdays has a "reliable source", for excample I have a reliable sources that told me that Frank Beamer is going to be the next coach of the Atlanta Falcons.... does that give me the right as a journalist to print that without double checking the source with other sources.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They report info they receive...that is what is wrong with journalism today....no checking and double checking sources before making it public because in the world of instant news everybody wants to break the news first without verifying,And as far as reliabable sources go.....please,give it a rest everybody nowdays has a "reliable source", for excample I have a reliable sources that told me that Frank Beamer is going to be the next coach of the Atlanta Falcons.... does that give me the right as a journalist to print that without double checking the source with other sources.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree to an extent, BUT THEY WERE RIGHT. 99% of the time ESPN is right. the one exception i can think of is Les Miles and kirk herbstriet. However, given that kirk is not really a journalist, im sure he did not check his sources. But once again, EVERYTHING that was reported about the RR sitution was correct by ESPN and the brimingham post. RR's agent verified it. RR simply backed out because of the offer wasnt what he wanted, plus what WVU was now ready to give him.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no he wasnt. he was going to make 300,000 dollars more than at WVU. Then you factor in the 2 mil buyout, and all the new incentives WVU was giving him he was actually making more. That right there was the contract problem, he could make more at WVU plus he would be secure until 2014 at WVU, which was 2 more than Bama, and he would also be getting 500,000 bonus after 2011.

[/ QUOTE ]

What more incentives was WVU going to give RR that Bama wasn't?....Facility upgrades...Alabama does not need any upgrades they already have one on the top faculities in the nation, plus use of a privite jet for recuiting which even WVU has not even gave RR....to say that WVU can out incentive Alabama is just laughable.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What more incentives was WVU going to give RR that Bama wasn't?....Facility upgrades...Alabama does not need any upgrades they already have one on the top faculities in the nation, plus use of a privite jet for recuiting which even WVU has not even gave RR....to say that WVU can out incentive Alabama is just laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU just gave him around $300,000 for his incentives. Another incentive was the 600,000 (i said 500,000 earlier but i was incorrect) increase in 2011.

Not to mention the raises for his assistants and such. Sure, Alabama could have offered him more, but they didnt. They didnt want him badly. They offered him a straight 6 year, 12 mil contract. No incentives were listed. Sure they could have offered more, but they didnt because they did not want him that bad. It actually took them about 3 days to decide on whether to offer RR or not.

Did i ever say Albama out incentived WVU? no. please read my posts. I said WITH the incentives if they were made RR could make more at WVU. And he pretty much did this year.