Here's another good read for the WVU fans...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

ummm...ten wins for the past 5 seasons in a row sounds pretty good to me...not too mention a National Championship 2 years ago....how many NC's has WVU won?

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean, when you hear your favorite team mentioned and talked bad apon. Its a natural reaction to post back...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wah wah wah. Bill Stewart is making what? 1 mill less a year than Rich Rod? Give it four years. There's your four million dollars. Congratulations. Now get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is asking you to talk about this. You guys are saying we should get over it but it looks to me like a lot of Va Tech fans are the ones who keep starting threads and keep the issue going on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, i'm tired of WVU fans giving the state of WV a bad name. My dad's from WV, i was technically born in WV, so i'm going to post what i want about the issue. I wish this crap would just end, but both sides won't let it. Maybe the fans should step up and try to be the bigger person. Tell Rich Rod you don't need him. Its like he's a five year old trouble maker and you all are egging him on. If WVU deserves to get their 4M, they will get it!

[ QUOTE ]

Well, i'm tired of WVU fans giving the state of WV a bad name. My dad's from WV, i was technically born in WV, so i'm going to post what i want about the issue. I wish this crap would just end, but both sides won't let it. Maybe the fans should step up and try to be the bigger person. Tell Rich Rod you don't need him. Its like he's a five year old trouble maker and you all are egging him on. If WVU deserves to get their 4M, they will get it!

[/ QUOTE ]

While I would agree with you some what... Notice this thread wasnt started by a WVU fan trying to start more crap... Its a VT fan...go figure

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ummm...ten wins for the past 5 seasons in a row sounds pretty good to me...not too mention a National Championship 2 years ago....how many NC's has WVU won?

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean, when you hear your favorite team mentioned and talked bad apon. Its a natural reaction to post back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Game, set, match!

you obviously have no idea what im getting at....you all have kept these threads going...notice...i made one post on this thread about that and moved on...you all argue and bicker for 7 or so pages until it gets to the point that a mod has to lock the thread....Game, Set, Match!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hokie07, do you not think what Rich Rod done was wrong? Don't you think he is the one responsible for all of this by refusing to pay his buyout?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I do not think it was really wrong at all. The only minor problem I have with the whole situation is that Rodriguez called Pryor and told him before his own team. Granted that it isn't the most moral thing to do, there wouldn't be a whole lot of coaches who would act differently if they were put in the same position. Football is not just a game these days, it's a business. People in business will do anything and everything necessary to gain the upper hand in helping themselves. There is no "I" in TEAM, but there is a "ME", and that is exactly who Rich Rod was looking out for... himself.

Now about the contract buyout...

I think at the beginning of all this mess Rich Rodriguez would have paid WVU every penny of that 4 millon. That was before all shhh hit the fan. I think that Rich Rod had all intentions of doing WVU right until he was essentially crucified before he even left Morgantown. With the way Rodriguez was treated, I can see why he wouldn't want to give WVU a dime. No one would.

[/ QUOTE ]

He NEVER intended to pay the buyout. You are naive if you think he did. Thats why as soon as he left he was saying that the WVU administration wasn't giving him anything he asked for. Hokie07 you seem like a good guy from what I know from here but now I dont know if I would want to shake hands and make a deal with you if you are defending his actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not necessarily defending Rodriguez for what he has done because, as I have said, it was morally wrong BUT I am taking up for him and saying that he is just regular man and not the villain that is sabotaging the WVU football program. Rich Rod never made it out of Morgantown a safe man and you can't expect him not to be upset at the way he was treated. From the time he lost to Pitt until the time he signed with Michigan, most WVU fans never supported him at all. Why would Rich Rod want to give back to WVU after the way the state and university have treated him? Even the Governor was taking getting mixed into the equation.

Now for a very bad analogy, it's like me punching you in the face and then someone making you pay me $100. You, and no one in their right mind, would want to pay me $100 and you all would do anything possible to get out of it...

I am in no way endorsing Rich Rodriguez but I am just trying to draw attention to what he has gone through as a person.

That was my point. A VT fan or somebody else would post a thread about WVU and richrod, and we would reply. Just like you did when I said texas sucked....Then the VT fan replies back to what he said to their first statement...and it goes back and forth, back and forth...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

You could always talk about how WVU dismantled the Big XII champion...and how VT lost to the Big XII runner up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Missouri was the true runner up of that league.

VT has penis envy when it comes to WVU,it's like when some people who are always putting down and criticizing others to cover up their own insercurities.VT cannot brag about their recent BCS bowl record so lets try to make other schools feel inferior to them.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah GMAN its nice how you post one man's opinion but not the other point of view. There are articles out there blasting Rodriguez. He is the one who backed out of his contract, pay the damn money and it will be over with.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only articles blasting RR are coming from the State of WV...THIS is how the rest of the country sees this whole situation...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Here's another good read for the WVU fans...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be honest GMan, that read wasnt good. That read sucked!

[/ QUOTE ]

Reality bites...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He is the one who backed out of his contract, pay the damn money and it will be over with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be that naive to believe that...

[/ QUOTE ]

The dislike for him will always be there because to us he will always be a traitor, but if he would pay the money he could help the situation out.

[/ QUOTE ]

A traitor??? For making a better life for himself and his family??? For stepping into one of the most prestigious jobs in the country??? Please!!!

Would you call the Governor of WV a traitor if he decided to run for President of the United States and won???

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why its so hard to understand

1. Contract sais "you leave, you pay 4 mil"

2. He left Early

3. he owes us 4 mil

Its easy as 1,2,3 ABC, 123 baby you and me yah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Contract also says WVU was supposed to do several things for him and his staff that they had not followed through on...tit for tat...sounds like both parties are in breach of contract...

[ QUOTE ]

Get over it? tell WVU to get over the 4 Million dollars

Lets say you owe a drug dealer 4 million dollars, and he asks for his money. and you tell him to "get over it"...You're not going to be living much longer...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're comparing WVU to a drug dealer...

Not exactly...Jim Carty from Ann Arbor news think Rich Rod should pay the entire 4 million and apologize to the state of West Virginia

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah GMAN its nice how you post one man's opinion but not the other point of view. There are articles out there blasting Rodriguez. He is the one who backed out of his contract, pay the damn money and it will be over with.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only articles blasting RR are coming from the State of WV...THIS is how the rest of the country sees this whole situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.mlive.com/annarbor/stories/in...&thispage=1

When the University of Michigan began looking for a new football coach in November, it's safe to say a man the general public ranks with coaching bad boy Nick Saban wouldn't have been high on its list.

Yet comparisons between the carpetbagging Alabama coach and new Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez have been pretty common on talk radio and the Internet over the past few days.

Let's say this up front:

Rodriguez is not Saban.

He did not insist again and again that he'd never take the Michigan job, then skulk out of town when millions were put on the table, as

Saban did with Alabama when he was coaching the Miami Dolphins. Rodriguez hasn't bolted three straight jobs

after short stints, in each case leaving when someone waved more money at him.

That's not to say Rodriguez doesn't deserve some grief.

His damaged reputation is a self-inflicted wound.

From just about the

moment it became public that the then-West Virginia coach was considering coming to Michigan, Rodriguez has made decisions that make him look like a coldly calculating mercenary with little concern for the fans and players he's left behind.

It was Rodriguez who sent a graduate assistant to inform his boss he was quitting.

It was Rodriguez who

informed West Virginia

recruit Terrelle Pryor that he was going to Michigan before he informed his own team, and then invited Pryor to join him in Ann Arbor.

It was Rodriguez who failed to ever talk to the West Virginia media - and by extension, the fans who loved him - in any meaningful way about his interview with Michigan and his decision to leave.

Finally, it was Rodriguez who - in his introductory news conference in Ann

Arbor - made it clear he'd hired lawyers to try and reduce or void the $4 million buyout he was contractually obligated to pay West Virginia if he left for another job.

Now, this week, comes news Rodriguez may have destroyed documents in his West Virginia office prior to leaving town. The coach's agent denies he did anything wrong - and may very well be proved right eventually - but the damage is done on the public relations front. Your average college football fan - having read about the Pryor incident and how Rodriguez quit - could find it very believable the coach was shredding docs faster than an Enron

executive, and shredding them for a reason.

In a few short weeks, Michigan has gone from a football program seemingly above question on the ethical front to national poster boy for me-first college football coaches.

If you doubt that, here's what a national columnist for The Associated Press wrote Wednesday:

"Missing files aside, the whole Rodriguez mess is a classic case study about all that is wrong in college football these days, where players get by on room and board while the coaches who lead them become multimillionaires.''

n n

You wonder what Bo Schembechler would say if he were alive.

You know he'd say something.

You know he wouldn't be happy.

Without Bo, it's long past time for somebody else at Michigan to step up and tell Rodriguez he has to do more than let his agent insist West Virginia probably has copies of any missing documents.

The first - and best - action the new coach could take is by calling a news conference to announce he's paying West Virginia the $4 million buyout that was in the contract he signed

It's the right thing to do.

You signed the contract. Live with it.

Yes, maybe you could pay some lawyers to weasel out of part of it, but Rodriguez needs to be about 100 miles from anything that involves weaseling right now.

He should pay the buyout, publicly admit he made some mistakes in the last month or so, apologize to West Virginia and its fans, and promise that the whole experience will cause him to be above question on these matters in the future.

America loves apologies. A simple public "I'm sorry'' will instantly separate Rodriguez from Saban.

That and the $4 million, of course.

Until both are forthcoming, the odds are pretty good that Rodriguez's public fight with the entire state of West Virginia is going to get uglier before it gets better, dragging Michigan and its football program further into the mud in the process.

Read more from Jim Carty at blog.mlive.com/jim_carty. He can be reached at 734-994-6815 or jcarty@annarbornews.com.

[ QUOTE ]

VT has penis envy when it comes to WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

Like WVU fans crying for four years about VT ditching the Big East for the ACC...seems WVU had a bit of "penis envy" as well until RichRod became Public Enemy #1...and its funny how you never heard a WVU fan complain about Miami or Boston College leaving the Big East...Marshall isn't the only school in the State that "wears" green...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No that is no true at all. I know of at least two articles from Michigan writers blasting Rod this week. I also know of Pat Forde blasting Rod. So its only WV????