Here's another good read for the WVU fans...

GMan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Jim Carty, the man who wrote the article above, actually went on the radio today and apologized to RR for that article. I believe he was a supporter of lloyd carr as well, and did not want him to get fired. point of the matter is, he admitted what he said was wrong, and incorrect.

And as for the money, i dont know how anyone can expect a coach to leave his job and then be able to pay 4 million. after taxes, thats about 4-5 years worth of salary for RR. I heard ESPNs legal analyst, his name escapes me, say that it is illegal to have a buyout clause with a price that large because it inhibits him to go anywhere else. Thats just what i heard on ESPN radio. Anyways, why is WVU complaining? they are paying their coach a million dollars less, and a guy gave them about 1.7 mil. thats almost 3 million right there.

honestly, i am not a RR fan. I am not a WVU fan. But both sides are making themselves look bad across the nation right now by acting like a bunch of fifth grade sissies afer a cat fight. lol The sad thing is, its probably gonna get worse.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why its so hard to understand

1. Contract sais "you leave, you pay 4 mil"

2. He left Early

3. he owes us 4 mil

Its easy as 1,2,3 ABC, 123 baby you and me yah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Contract also says WVU was supposed to do several things for him and his staff that they had not followed through on...tit for tat...sounds like both parties are in breach of contract...

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those things were promised in the first year. They were promised while he still a head coach there. Who is to say that the university wouldnt have done those things he requested next year?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

VT has penis envy when it comes to WVU

[/ QUOTE ]

Like WVU fans crying for four years about VT ditching the Big East for the ACC...seems WVU had a bit of "penis envy" as well until RichRod became Public Enemy #1...and its funny how you never heard a WVU fan complain about Miami or Boston College leaving the Big East...Marshall isn't the only school in the State that "wears" green...

[/ QUOTE ]

I nevered complained about VT going to the ACC,I evan told my VT friends that the ACC is agood fit for VT mainly because of the geographical location,it was a better fit for VT, but what pissed WVU people off was that everybody knows that VT was not one of the orginal choices to join the ACC but in the meantime while the Governor of VA. was making back door deals (which I have no problem with)to get into the ACC VT administration was claiming their loyalty to the Big East and was part of the law suit,just like RR saying that he would remain at WVU "As long as they will have me"....In other words ..say one thing and do another.Just like VT was not the ACC first choice RR was not Michigans first choice...actually RR was only Michagans third choice only after RR called them to let them know he was interested in the job.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why its so hard to understand

1. Contract sais "you leave, you pay 4 mil"

2. He left Early

3. he owes us 4 mil

Its easy as 1,2,3 ABC, 123 baby you and me yah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Contract also says WVU was supposed to do several things for him and his staff that they had not followed through on...tit for tat...sounds like both parties are in breach of contract...

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those things were promised in the first year. They were promised while he still a head coach there. Who is to say that the university wouldnt have done those things he requested next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) RR contract states that he had ninety days to submit a letter of disapproval in regards to facility upgrades and then WVU administration had thirty days to respond and take action in regards to the letter of disapproval....no letter was ever submitted.

2) I don't see how RR could complain about facility upgrades as he is claiming as his reason for departing, because WVU put down new Fiekd Turf this past summer and the day after the team departed for AZ.to pratice and play in the Fiesta Bowl the locker facilities were being torn down to upgrade them.That sounds like WVU was living up to their end of the deal.