Beaver-v-Westside

Bogeavers

Bluefield 87, Westside 74 - Final

I listened to some of this game. Did I hear right that Bluefield couldn't shoot the ball? They were making three's in this game. The third quarter was the difference in the game as Bluefield outscored Westside 25-9.

Bluefield was led by Ansel Ponder with 24, Craig Ponder 21, Turquan Casey 18, and Shaun Brooks 16.

Westside was led by Eric Bailey with 28, Danny Hicks 15, and Zack Hellmandollar 11.

I really did think Bluefield would kill in this game. Im glad to see they got their offense going but I was expecting a blowout. From what I had read all this season, Westside was no good and that they were definitely not the team they have been in recent past. Well im glad we got the win anyway. Suits me fine.

yep Bailey is the redhead step child for the Renegades!

as for Westside, definetly not the team that the RenegadeNation has been use to seeing produced but they are improving some as the season goes along...

if they could ever play a complete 4 qt. game, they could be as good as the teams/competition they've faced, but its getting them to play a complete game.

Westside was in this game with Bluefield until the 3rd qt. where Bluefield went on the 25-9 tare.

it was 39 all at halftime.

it will be interesting to see how this team comes along by the time sectionals come and we play Wyoming East.

the winner of that game has a free ride to States.

cause Mount View (and Iaeger) is gawd awful this season.

as for the next Westside/Bluefield matchup i'd like to say i hope it is like this one, but even the good WS teams struggled when coming to BSC to play Blfd. so i personally expect the blowout to come at BSC....

Honestly, regardless of how down Westside is Bluefield is down as well and I'm surprised that they were able to win on the road by double-digits. According to the Beckley paper Bluefield hit eight 3-pointers in the game. I bet that they hadn't hit eight total 3-pointers in the previous 10 games of the season <tic>. Too bad they cannot stroke it like that on a regular basis.

[ QUOTE ]

According to the Beckley paper Bluefield hit eight 3-pointers in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, Craig and Ansel Ponder had 6 of them... 3 a piece. Casey had the other 2. I don't recall Ansel Ponder attempting that many, if any, in his career at Bluefield.