DUKE @ CAROLINA

seth_hill

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this Vivafootball, will there be any tears after the US/Mexico game? Probably not. Is US/Mexico a storied rivalry of over 50 years? not really. Did all of america even know US was playing mexico? no. Did 99% of this board not even know there was a game till you posted it? definitely no.

any real DIEHARD UNC, or DUKE for that matter would not miss this game for the world.

now its time for you to Choose your blue, vivafootball.

[/ QUOTE ]

and US/Mexico is a storied rival....on the World Soccer stage it is like Duke/Carolina...

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop. neither one of these teams are that good. The thing that makes UNC/Duke so a great is because they are 8 miles away from each other, and have an ENORMOUS amount of success. Neither Mexico or USA have any success on a WORLD stage. the best finish USA ever had was in 1930, which was also its first ever appearance. Mexico has never been past the quarterfinals in the world cup. People in Germany, Brazil, England, Italy, France and places like that are not sitting down to watch the US/Mexico match. Its not on a world stage like you say it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I have my beliefs and you have yours and I will just stop and watch both.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Let me ask you this Vivafootball, will there be any tears after the US/Mexico game? Probably not. Is US/Mexico a storied rivalry of over 50 years? not really. Did all of america even know US was playing mexico? no. Did 99% of this board not even know there was a game till you posted it? definitely no.

any real DIEHARD UNC, or DUKE for that matter would not miss this game for the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

and US/Mexico is a storied rival....on the World Soccer stage it is like Duke/Carolina...

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop. neither one of these teams are that good. The thing that makes UNC/Duke so a great is because they are 8 miles away from each other, and have an ENORMOUS amount of success. Neither Mexico or USA have any success on a WORLD stage. the best finish USA ever had was in 1930, which was also its first ever appearance. Mexico has never been past the quarterfinals in the world cup. People in Germany, Brazil, England, Italy, France and places like that are not sitting down to watch the US/Mexico match. Its not on a world stage like you say it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see why you are getting so pissed off....i mean im a HARDCORE Texas fan and i pass up watching games during the regular season all the time....and i DARE you to try and say im not a hardcore fan....the regular season doesnt matter as much as when March comes around....thats the only time i watch Texas basketball...i might watch a game every now and then...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see why you are getting so pissed off....i mean im a HARDCORE Texas fan and i pass up watching games during the regular season all the time....and i DARE you to try and say im not a hardcore fan....the regular season doesnt matter as much as when March comes around....thats the only time i watch Texas basketball...i might watch a game every now and then...

[/ QUOTE ]

do you pass up the Texas/Oklahoma game? no.

This is the greatest rivalry in all of sports, any UNC or Dook fan would know this. most sports fans know this. But to say you are a diehard fan and then choose not to watch it is unbelievable. It is the 2 greatest games of the regular season. Like i said, it broke records on ESPN for the most viewers recently. Its HUGE. its not like any other regular season games. Books are written about this, its the #1 college rivalry according to espn. People in NC probably are thinking more about the game on wednesday than today. its indescribable. The passion, the tradition, the bad blood. Anything can happen, including miracles.

Im pissed because someone is trying to say a game that no one even cares about is a better rivalry than UNC/Duke. And to top it off he says he is a hardcore UNC fan. to me, thats just not possible. Honestly, i schedule things around UNC Duke. its one of the greatest nights of the year regardless of the out come. I dont see how any UNC or Duke fan could miss it. Im sure Rules, Rocks, bogeavers, BHS72, beaverbaseball, Hokie07 will all be watching it very intently. Heck, anytime i see these guys lately thats all we talk about. Wednesday is bigger than some holidays for us...

[ QUOTE ]

#2 vs. #3....It don't get any better than that!

And I don't think i've missed a nationaly televised Duke game all year...

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, #1 vs #2 is better than #2 v #3 thats why I will watch USA/Mexico. I haven't missed a nationally televised UNC game or USA game this year, unless I have had a b-ball game.

[ QUOTE ]

So your saying if each team was ranked 1 place higher, then you'd watch it?? wow

Your not a Tar-heel fan....or a Duke fan (thankfully)

[/ QUOTE ]

No its a #1 vs #2 soccer game......and I am a fan....are you questioning my fanhood?

neither USA or Mexico is #1 in the world right now. the fact is, you say youre diehard UNC fan and yet you are passing it up, the greatest rivalry in sports, to watch two average soccer teams play. thats pathetic. you are not a diehard fan of UNC. Now I am a fan of Duke, not diehard, but they are a favorite of mine, and I would never, ever miss this game. It wouldnt matter if they are both in the top 3 or if UNC were #1 and Duke were #57, I dont care and im sure no other true fan would. Its a classic game, the greatest rivalry in sports, and any true fan of either team wouldnt miss it for the world, especially if it were for some bogus soccer game between mediocre teams.

[ QUOTE ]

neither USA or Mexico is #1 in the world right now. the fact is, you say youre diehard UNC fan and yet you are passing it up, the greatest rivalry in sports, to watch two average soccer teams play. thats pathetic. you are not a diehard fan of UNC. Now I am a fan of Duke, not diehard, but they are a favorite of mine, and I would never, ever miss this game. It wouldnt matter if they are both in the top 3 or if UNC were #1 and Duke were #57, I dont care and im sure no other true fan would. Its a classic game, the greatest rivalry in sports, and any true fan of either team wouldnt miss it for the world, especially if it were for some bogus soccer game between mediocre teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are #1, #2 in CONCACAF...and after watching the hard fought win today without Ty Lawson, I might change my mind.

[ QUOTE ]

Wednesday is bigger than some holidays for us...

[/ QUOTE ]

Beavertail, do you even remember the last time we didn't watch a Carolina-Dook game together? I don't...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So your saying if each team was ranked 1 place higher, then you'd watch it?? wow

[/ QUOTE ]

No its a #1 vs #2 soccer game......and I am a fan....are you questioning my fanhood?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're A "Die-Hard" UNC fan, But you choose to watch a Soccer game over the Duke-UNC game....Yes...I am questioning your fanhood

and your fanhood needs to be questioned!...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you pass up the Texas/Oklahoma game? no.

This is the greatest rivalry in all of sports, any UNC or Dook fan would know this. most sports fans know this. But to say you are a diehard fan and then choose not to watch it is unbelievable. It is the 2 greatest games of the regular season. Like i said, it broke records on ESPN for the most viewers recently. Its HUGE. its not like any other regular season games. Books are written about this, its the #1 college rivalry according to espn. People in NC probably are thinking more about the game on wednesday than today. its indescribable. The passion, the tradition, the bad blood. Anything can happen, including miracles.

Im pissed because someone is trying to say a game that no one even cares about is a better rivalry than UNC/Duke. And to top it off he says he is a hardcore UNC fan. to me, thats just not possible. Honestly, i schedule things around UNC Duke. its one of the greatest nights of the year regardless of the out come. I dont see how any UNC or Duke fan could miss it. Im sure Rules, Rocks, bogeavers, BHS72, beaverbaseball, Hokie07 will all be watching it very intently. Heck, anytime i see these guys lately thats all we talk about. Wednesday is bigger than some holidays for us...

[/ QUOTE ]

im not talking about football games here now Tail...and i had to pass up the Texas/Oklahoma game this year because it wasnt televised in Charleston...and nothing matters until Conference tournament time comes around...i havent watched one Texas basketball game this year but i still keep up with the team because i am a hardcore Texas fan..i will not watch one of their games until the BigXII tournament and March Madness....

[ QUOTE ]

LOL...NO, and I mean no, "diehard" Carolina fan would pass up a Carolina/Dook game, or any Carolina game, to watch soccer. So you may be a Carolina fan, but diehard you are not. I don't miss Carolina games for ANYTHING...

[/ QUOTE ]

One time in high school I accidentally told a girl I would go out with her on a Saturday night when it was the UNC-Dook game. Needless to say, I broke it off...

Despite breaking off the date, this was my "satisfaction" in more ways than one! grin.gif

(and I promise you aren't getting Rick Roll'd!)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're A "Die-Hard" UNC fan, But you choose to watch a Soccer game over the Duke-UNC game....Yes...I am questioning your fanhood

and your fanhood needs to be questioned!...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also I diehard USA fan, and to be honest I will be sick of basketball by them...it will be the 10th game that I played/watched in 10 days. I played 4 games last week. Went to the GW/Chi girls game. Went to the Radford/Liberty game. Then going to the GW/NW game monday, playing in the boys game at NW Tuesday, the watch Rad/VMI on Tuesday and then the UNC game that is a lot of b-ball in so little time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 vs. #2 soccer game??? Argentina and Brazil aren't playing. Mexico is ranked #15 in the world and the US is #20. Being ranked #1 and #2 in the CONCACAF is somewhat like being the best basketball team in the Southwest District, or the tallest midget.

And yes, I am questioning your fanhood...

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

LOL...NO, and I mean no, "diehard" Carolina fan would pass up a Carolina/Dook game, or any Carolina game, to watch soccer. So you may be a Carolina fan, but diehard you are not. I don't miss Carolina games for ANYTHING...

[/ QUOTE ]

One time in high school I accidentally told a girl I would go out with her on a Saturday night when it was the UNC-Dook game. Needless to say, I broke it off...

Despite breaking off the date, this was my "satisfaction" in more ways than one! grin.gif

(and I promise you aren't getting Rick Roll'd!)

[/ QUOTE ]

You had a date? was it Gary Schrader?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wednesday is bigger than some holidays for us...

[/ QUOTE ]

Beavertail, do you even remember the last time we didn't watch a Carolina-Dook game together? I don't...

[/ QUOTE ]

No i dont either. I think we watched the one in the video at Dustins house, even though he wasnt there... Watching that video gives me goosebumps! I can still remember that shot by Tyler...

I told my trig teacher a week ago that if she gives homework on wednesday night that i wouldnt have it on thursday. Getmoney was there and can back me up.

With that said i am picking Duke to win by three late. If Lawson doesnt play it will be huge. And i honestly dont think that Duke has anyone that will be able to stop Hansborough. But i believe Duke also has enough depth this year to make up for it. I believe the two duke - unc games this year will be two of the best games all year.