WHOS THE MAN AT JOHN BOTTLE

Cornholio

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Head coach was offered job back but declined offer do to the lack of support from principal and the baseball coach (athletic director) Someone needs to see how much money the ad puts into baseball. Look at the football field, fence, stands, you name it. The only upgrade made to the facilities are the ones Coach Strong and some players have made with donated money and their own time. This is a fact because I have donated money and equipment for their cause. I will say one last time Jeff Hawkins and Larry Cannon made a big mistake in letting coach Strong go. This makes you two look bad in the community's eyes. I am sure there are a select few that are happy but again you two hurt the program to hire a friend. I am guessing it is only a matter of time before people find out how crooked you two really are. How long before you lost baggage makes it from TN? Good luck Battle I still want to see you succeed. Good luck to the next coach, but being a friend and a plant into the program you don't need it-do you? This was a long thought out plan that

started before the season.

John Battle? I have heard it from a real good source that they are going on staff with the hire. That is too bad. They do not just need a coach, but someone who can go out into the community and gain support for the program. I also heard that Joe Carter from Rye Cove had applied. He was the coach that took Rye Cove from doormats to district champions for years. He runs a successful business now and I think that is what that program needs. Not only someone who can coach (and has documented success) but that would have a different approach than someone already in the mess.

Plus there is a difference between St.Paul, Thomas Walker, Ervinton, Castlewood, and Twin Springs, and the clinch mountain district Lebanon, Gate City, Lee, Virginia High, plus I would almost guarantee he had better athletes at Rye Cove than what is at John Battle right now.

I will agree with that. When he came to RC they returned every player but 1, and was coming off of a deceiving 3-7 season. They lost by 4 to RD D2 runner up Hurley with Tester. Lost to RD D1 runner up TW on a FG with 15 ticks left. Beat Ervinton 46-6 and Ervinton made the playoffs. Lost to Northwood by 1, Holston by 2, and St. Paul in overtime and killed Twin Springs to knock them out of the playoffs.

He will get beat like a red headed step child . If i recall he ran up the score on those teams in the CD and when it came to the playoffs Appy pounded him good. So say it aint so joe . You better stay where you are.

I agree with you. If Joe gets that job he will have his work cut out for him. RC is no JB. GC, LEB, VHS, and Lee will make sure of that for him! But even with that being said, I dont know if he would be such a bad choice. Granted, RC was LOADED when he got there, but it takes some type of coaching to get the kids actually believing they can win, and then actually doing it. We have all heard of coaches taking superior talent and underachieving. I dont think they ever really won anything much until he got there, but anyway. I dont think the AD is actually serious about hiring a quality coach anyway. I think that Hawkins and Cannon are just doing damage control now an trying to patch the sinking ship from letting Strong go!!

Well now ever since I been down there eatin' sunflower seeds and fillin' up the water for them boys I can say one thing about that Ferris fella, he works 'em. And most importantly. THEY IMPROVIN!!!

Peace from Pattah County!