WHOS THE MAN AT JOHN BOTTLE

Cornholio

[ QUOTE ]

Well now ever since I been down there eatin' sunflower seeds and fillin' up the water for them boys I can say one thing about that Ferris fella, he works 'em. And most importantly. THEY IMPROVIN!!!

Peace from Pattah County!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Socks Coy!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dummy-battle has had three winning seasons in 30 years. 3-7 sucks but the most wins in 10 years. anyone who knows football knows that coach strong was great for the program-loved football and the kids even more. the ship was sunk all the way to the bottom-strong was raising the ship. thats why the community has still asked him to conduct his youth camp and golf outing.

Right on Lucy! I'd love to see a FULL-SCALE investigation of all the 'goings-on' in that building with the staff and the "good ol' boy network" they have going on. Strong was the best thing that ever happened to that team and he's the reason I started attending the fb games again, because the boys played hard and with heart. I wish the team the best of luck, but I will not be back to another game until something is done with the staff at JSB.

I liked king, but who knows what will happen up there.

Not to be off subject or anything, but I'm really bothered by John Battle being spelled wrong in the subject line. crazy.gif

Does anyone have any ideas where they are going with this job? I was told by an old assistant coach at Sullivan North that he was contacted about one of the vacant assistants jobs. Who else is leaving?

Are the players currently lifting? Is equipment being ordered? Are fund raisers being scheduled? Are assistant coaches being hired?

I would bet "no" is the answer to all of the above. The longer they put off selecting a head coach, the further they get behind.

I don't get on these blogs and post but I did want to say that the assistant coaches took it upon themselves to do weight lifting with out a head coach or anyone else asking them to. Plus as far as I know the assistant coaches are returning so there is no need to worry about hiring them. Things have a way working themselves out - no need to worry.

[ QUOTE ]

Why ?? If you were going to coach there you would need a 5th or a 1/2 gallon after each fri nights game . So that is why we call it John Bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif How dare you CORNHOLE! Kiddin'! haha

So, you got me there....I get it. Funny guy...grin.gif

Strong was the best fb Coach for Battle. PERIOD.

[ QUOTE ]

It is baseball season, Mr. Cannon is busy right now. You have to have your priorities in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah too bad Cullop's gone. The boys liked him and did well under him. I've met Cannon, seemed nice to me, but just met him once though.

Chris Brookshire named as new coach at Battle....

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/sports.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2008-03-26-0032.html

Brookshire was hired at Lee a few years ago (believe he was at North Buncombe before that) then backed out and took the job at Erwin, and of course Lee ended up with Hagerman.. frown.gif

Actually he won more games in 5 years than Battle did, so I guess he is an improvement. So was the administration just trying to raise the bar from 1 in. to 1 7/8 in. I like it, a little improvement at a time. Just think when they have to hire another coach in 4-5 years they can get a guy that's won 20 games in 5 years.

[ QUOTE ]

Actually he won more games in 5 years than Battle did, so I guess he is an improvement. So was the administration just trying to raise the bar from 1 in. to 1 7/8 in. I like it, a little improvement at a time. Just think when they have to hire another coach in 4-5 years they can get a guy that's won 20 games in 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that Target is going to rent the Johnny Bottle football field this fall for storage for their Christmas inventory.