Why are there so many Duke and UNC fans in this area?

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

I think we have already discussed the fact about being a bandwagon fan. I don't think that you can really call these fans bandwagon because they dont jump team to team. However, what do you call these fans? I have never truly understood it. How can someone from Bluefield, WV refer to Duke or UNC as "we?"

I am a fan of Duke and am most definitely not a bandwagon fan. I didnt start liking them because they were good--I started liking Duke long ago because I grew up with my dad and most of my family liking them. I didnt jump on the "hey this team is good, I'll start supporting them" bandwagon.

[ QUOTE ]

bandwagon fans that jumped on but never jumped off because UNC and Duke have remained good

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the fact that they have personally experienced the unique atmosphere that each respectable school has brought forth and realize that there is none other that can compare...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

bandwagon fans that jumped on but never jumped off because UNC and Duke have remained good

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the fact that they have personally experienced the unique atmosphere that each respectable school has brought forth and realize that there is none other that can compare...

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't know enough about Ace Custus and Dell Curry baby!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't know enough about Ace Custus and Dell Curry baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of former Tech basketball players, I actually work with one now. Does anyone remember Shawn Good?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Watching Cherokee Parks...

Enough Said...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same Cherokee Parks you are talking about? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"Stackhouse streaking down the lane... Reverse Dunk! Did you see that dunk? Stackhouse, after getting fouled, effectively dunked it over 14 feet of Duke post players"

i love woody durham.

why like DUKE or UNV when you can pull for teams like UVA(which sucks this year like always) FSU(which also suckz this year) or WFU ( which has sucked since Chris Paul left us) i have pulled for this three teams since i was 3 years old...now im 18. idk who yall pull for...just as long as you dont switch teams when the suck. for EX. UVA is like 2-9 in the ACC, but i would pull for them if they were 0-15 in the ACC.

[ QUOTE ]

where are all the UK fans.....? everyone jumped off their wagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never known of many UK fans in the Bluefield area. Most UK/UT fans are further west/southwest in the "border counties".

I know several Kentucky basketball fans in the Bluefield area. None of them are on this website though. Being the Kentucky basketball fan that I am, it has been a tough season with the new coaching staff and all the mess that Tubby left in Lexington for someone else to clean up after him. I know in another year or two Kentucky will be back in the top ten in college basketball.

[ QUOTE ]

I know in another year or two Kentucky will be back in the top ten in college basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly. Kentucky has a lot of recruiting to do to catch up with the elite of college basketball again. The problem is that Kentucky has lost much of its lure with the current high school kids, so Gillispie has to re-establish their image...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

where are all the UK fans.....? everyone jumped off their wagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never known of many UK fans in the Bluefield area. Most UK/UT fans are further west/southwest in the "border counties".

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad can tell you about all the UK fans around and thats because hes a UT fan/alum