Eduardo da Silva injury

Warning- very disturbing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCyMcQjjerc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukHpck04p8&feature=related

This has to be the worst injury in soccer in recent memory. Far worse than Cisse's before the World Cup. As for the tackle. I think it was accidental. A tad bit late and a bit clumsy. I feel sorry for the guy who injured him.

Sky Sports was saying it was too graphic to even be shown on TV. I feel so bad for this guy though. Eduardo was another young gun that fit so well in Arsenal's system. He had (or has) a great future ahead of him for Arsenal and also for Croatia. I'm pulling for him to get back onto the pitch.

[ QUOTE ]

they got rid of all those links in a hurry. must have been bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming so. I didn't watch it but I bet it was one of those where his shin just looked like it turned into jell-o. I'm sure you've seen Joe Theismann's injury or Tyrone Prothro or maybe even Henrik Larsson. They were all the same thing. I really don't want to see another injury like that, so I just didn't even try to watch the ones posted on here. But copy and paste the article I posted a while ago. For some reason, it didn't form a link all the way.

That's actually a really interesting picture. If you read the SkySports article I posted, they said he dislocated his ankle and broke his fibula. In that picture, you can see where it's mostly the ankle that's disfiguring, not the whole shin like I originally thought. Yeah, that injury sucks, but there have been much worse. I'm a fan of Eduardo. Good thing it was only as bad as it was.

at one point in basketball, i broke the ball of my left ankle and my tibula at the same time. couldnt tell my tibula was broken but you could certainly tell my ankle was because it was snapped straight down and off to the right.

[ QUOTE ]

In that picture, you can see where it's mostly the ankle that's disfiguring, not the whole shin like I originally thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not in any way trying to spark a debate because I am not a doctor, and I have absolutely no plans to be one in the future either, nor am I trying to belittle your opinion, but my take on the picture is a little different. Assuming his entire foot is still in his boot, that break looks to be about an inch and a half to two inches above his actual ankle, which would be more of the shin. It looks as if the ankle bone is laying flat on the ground, so I could definitely see that there would be major damage to the fibula/shin area.

not to keep telling my own stories, but a friend of mine double compound fractured his forearm once. both bones in his arm sticking straight out of his skin like it was nothing. coolest surgery scar ive ever seen though.

I thought the ref was a little harsh on Martin Taylor. I viewed the video over and over, and it looked like a fair tackle that was a tad bit late. And Eduardo made a great move that set it up. I feel a sending off was harsh, I would have shown him a caution. But he will be back next year. Hate to see an injury, but not the worse I've seen. If you saw Shaun Livingston's that hurt my leg thinking about it. Luckily for Arsenal they get Robin Van Persie back vs Milan. They should still win the EPL, unless Man U makes a late push.

if you were martin taylor, would you still want to play in that game after having potentially ended a great young players career? i think it was ultimately the right call. plus i think it falls under the category of "seriously violent action" any time compound fractures are involved.

So you are saying, if he didn't get hurt it still would have been a red? No, he would have been shown a yellow and would have carried on with the game. And yes if I was Martin Taylor I would be able to carry on with my career because he didn't do it on purpose and unfortunately Eduardo was hurt, but hey that the game of soccer. These things happen, if it was a malicious tackle that was trying to injury on purpose, by all means kick him out of the League. But, if I was Martin Taylor I could go on, because it wasn't meant to be a dangerous tackle.

he didnt say the rest of his career...he said would you be able to play the rest of the game after breaking a guys leg...i probably wouldnt be able to continue playing if it was that horrific of an injury