Weather for Tuesday snow?????

wvuraiders

Weather channel and our local weather are usually totally off until the actual day of storm/night of storm...as of now somewhere around 2-4 inches being called for...answer yea or na.....Will Corey Henderson's forcast of 2-4 inches in blfd area be correct or will they screw up again?

I say yea the weather people screw up

this post is somewhat pointless.....I am thinking about being weather man.....computer does all your work!

We shall see if they actually get it right this time...

Heavy Snow Warning

TAZEWELL-BLAND-MERCER-SUMMERS- GREENBRIER- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF... TAZEWELL...BLAND...BLUEFIELD... HINTON... LEWISBURG 412 AM EST TUE FEB 26 2008

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY ABOVE 2500 FEET...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BLACKSBURG HAS ISSUED A HEAVY SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

SNOW SHOWERS WILL DEVELOP TUESDAY EVENING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY WEDNESDAY AND INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BE HEAVY AT TIMES. ELEVATIONS ABOVE 2500 FEET WILL SEE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE. THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS IN WESTERN GREENBRIER MAY SEE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 12 INCHES OR MORE. THIS SNOW...ALONG WITH GUSTY WINDS EXPECTED DURING THE PERIOD... COULD RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Weather.com is giving 6 in. for tazewell county and a warning until 6 thursday evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

glad I escaped Tazewell...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on back Lance....we love ya!

I see 2"-6" being very possible for the Tazewell Co./Mercer Co. area...lower amounts (2"-4") in the lower elevations (Tazewell/Richlands/Princeton proper) and closer to 6" in the Bluefield area and higher elevations (Burkes Garden/East River Mountain/Flat Top Mountain).

The atmosphere is fairly juiced right now and with the colder air coming in squeeing out the moisture in combination with high winds out of the NW, I think the NWS might hit this one.

If only there was a better moisture source than the Great Lakes (ie. Gulf of Mexico), this would be a real good chance at a BIG snow.

And if anyone asks...tell them Stan told you so...

[ QUOTE ]

I see 2"-6" being very possible for the Tazewell Co./Mercer Co. area...lower amounts (2"-4") in the lower elevations (Tazewell/Richlands/Princeton proper) and closer to 6" in the Bluefield area and higher elevations (Burkes Garden/East River Mountain/Flat Top Mountain).

The atmosphere is fairly juiced right now and with the colder air coming in squeeing out the moisture in combination with high winds out of the NW, I think the NWS might hit this one.

If only there was a better moisture source than the Great Lakes (ie. Gulf of Mexico), this would be a real good chance at a BIG snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your knee hurt too?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your knee hurt too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not my knee, my ankle. And yes, its a little "tender" today...

[ QUOTE ]

there giving out 1 - 2 1/2 inches of snow in Grundy tonight a inch tomar day and an tomar nite which i doubt will happen but i sure do hope so..

[/ QUOTE ]

"tomar day"...is that a new holiday that I've missed out on???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

there giving out 1 - 2 1/2 inches of snow in Grundy tonight a inch tomar day and an tomar nite which i doubt will happen but i sure do hope so..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no lol what i meant by tomar day is that there giving out a inch of snow betweem 9 am and 5 pm then another inch that nite

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no lol what i meant by tomar day is that there giving out a inch of snow betweem 9 am and 5 pm then another inch that nite

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...just yanking your chain a little...LOL.

Hey, if you don't have school 'tomar', why don't you and some friends run over to Mickey D's and have lunch? I'd really appreciate that!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...just yanking your chain a little...LOL.

Hey, if you don't have school 'tomar', why don't you and some friends run over to Mickey D's and have lunch? I'd really appreciate that!

[/ QUOTE ]

I probelly will lol