A 4.0 in the 40...

Lance

So how much longer before someone hits or breaks the 4.0 mark? Times are getting lower...we are already down in the 4.2's so it's not hard to imagine that somewhere, at some time...someone will break down in to the 4.0 range and probably even hit the 3's at some point.

I was reading about this kid from TN State that ran a 4.33 at the NFL combine and was 3rd fastest...that's insane....4.5 was the magic number for a long time...then 4.4's...then 4.3's...now 4.2's are here...my guess is before 2020 we will see a legit 4.0 in the 40...if not sooner.

just curious what you guys think...

[ QUOTE ]

So how much longer before someone hits or breaks the 4.0 mark? Times are getting lower...we are already down in the 4.2's so it's not hard to imagine that somewhere, at some time...someone will break down in to the 4.0 range and probably even hit the 3's at some point.

I was reading about this kid from TN State that ran a 4.33 at the NFL combine and was 3rd fastest...that's insane....4.5 was the magic number for a long time...then 4.4's...then 4.3's...now 4.2's are here...my guess is before 2020 we will see a legit 4.0 in the 40...if not sooner.

just curious what you guys think...

[/ QUOTE ]Didn't Deangelo Hall get in the 4.1 range? I could be wrong but I thought I might have heard that once..

Ted Ginn Jr. recorded an unofficial time of 4.06 seconds according to listafterlist.com [1]

Bobby Phillps from Virginia Union University ran a 3.9 seconds at the combine in the mid 90's and was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings.

From Wikipedia

[ QUOTE ]

Ted Ginn Jr. recorded an unofficial time of 4.06 seconds according to listafterlist.com [1]

Bobby Phillps from Virginia Union University ran a 3.9 seconds at the combine in the mid 90's and was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings.

From Wikipedia

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ok to site wikipedia as your source on a message board...but for some reason college professors frown upon it?!?!? haha

[ QUOTE ]

some accept it

[/ QUOTE ]

You had professors accept wikipedia as a source for research? Not a chance any of mine would have let me. But then again in all of my Biology classes we couldnt even use the internet at all for research, besides finding scientific journals online. Anyway, sorry for taking the thread so far off topic.

the most impressive feat of a 40 yard dash ive ever seen is by Florida Gators freshman wide receiver Deonte Thompson. he ran 5 consecutive 4.28 40's. THAT IS UNHEARD OF! Sure, McFadden and Jackson (App. St.) ran 4.27 at the combine but it was only once. Thompson in his senior year of high school at a senior combine in Jacksonville, I believe, ran 5 consecutive 4.28. thats insane.

Don't trust VT's 40 times. They are hand-timed and are usually about .15 seconds faster than a laser timed 40. If someone runs a 4.25 at VT, it is very likely to be closer to 4.4...

[ QUOTE ]

he also lifted pretty well and had a good vert if im not mistaken. the comentators there were talking pretty well about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Royal benched more reps at 225 than any other WR at the combine...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

he also lifted pretty well and had a good vert if im not mistaken. the comentators there were talking pretty well about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Royal benched more reps at 225 than any other WR at the combine...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he had 24 reps at 225.