Summers County

BHS72

Does anyone know anything about them? I know the Gunnoe kid is supposed to be decent, but do they have anyone else? For some reason we didnt play them in the regular season this year.

And i also heard that Deron Reed and Kyle Harris might not be dressing for thursday nights game because you can only dress 12 players and i guess Havens wants to dress the upperclassmen. But i think he will be making a huge mistake not dressing them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summers doesnt have anyone other than Gunnoe. Honestly, Gunnoe isnt even that good; he doesnt even start on the AAU team that some Bluefield players start on. Summers had some guy put up 25 against Independence in their sectional final and thats the most ive seen from anyone on that team other than Andrew.

If coach Havens doesnt dress Deron or Kyle, it will be a huge mistake. Deron should be getting time over Turq when he gets back for this game and Kyle is a good player to come off the bench and relieve Marcus Patterson. Kyle and Deron have shown that they belong on the varsity level as freshmen. Not dressing them would be a huge blow considering that would result in more Jacob Powell on the floor and just overall shorten that bench.

Sadly, on another note, Warren Furrow has quit the basketball team. Can you blame him?

I didnt know he quit, that really pisses me off he hadnt been getting to play. I think he should have been playing over Robert Mitchell.

And just to let you know Deron is a sophmore, i believe he should actually be a junior. And i also believe that Kyle should be the second string PG behind Craig. Marcus is just too out of control and is just a turnover waiting to happen.

I believe not getting to play on senior night, as a senior, lead to his quitting.

And yeah, I had thought all year long that Deron was a sophomore until I saw that they list him as a freshman...so im guessing he is. They have every other player right on their listings so I figure his is right too. Marcus plays good D(wasnt too good the other night against Pikeview), you cant leave that out of the picture, but his offense is a little sketchy like you said. Kyle's offense has been a little sketchy, but he stepped up his defensive game against Pikeview when he subbed in for Marcus.

I hate to look forward to next year so early, but we will be have a lot of speed when Marcus, Deron, Kyle and Craig all return. The problem: no big man, unless Cody Wassum decides to play like he's been talking about who is 6'2 but plays like a giant.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I dont see why he quit. I know he hasnt played as much as he should but this late in the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

its easy. Baseball practice has started.

baseball season is one reason why he quit, but he told me that is was because of his lack of playing time, especially on senior night. that really brought him down. i dont blame him for leaving at all.

[ QUOTE ]

baseball season is one reason why he quit, but he told me that is was because of his lack of playing time, especially on senior night. that really brought him down. i dont blame him for leaving at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I can understand why he did...Coach Havens did not show Warren the respect on the court that he earned last season..But I think his game on the diamond has improved greatly..I'm interested in seeing how you all do this year

It is ashame that his basketball career had such a sour ending to it really. But best of luck to Warren during this coming baseball season.

BTW, beaverbaseball I think it's about time you start coaching on the diamond somewhere, whether it is high school or little league. I know it is in your future!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

It is ashame that his basketball career had such a sour ending to it really. But best of luck to Warren during this coming baseball season.

BTW, beaverbaseball I think it's about time you start coaching on the diamond somewhere, whether it is high school or little league. I know it is in your future!

[/ QUOTE ]

beaverbaseball already has a spot on the diamond with me wearing the blue... lol

and beaverbaseball, it looks like it wont be that bad to fix the car, just gonna take awhile lol...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

beaverbaseball already has a spot on the diamond with me wearing the blue... lol

and beaverbaseball, it looks like it wont be that bad to fix the car, just gonna take awhile lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hope to start coaching one day..For now I hung up my cleats and traded for the blue..

haha thats good about the car man..that was crazy tho..how mad was ur mom?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hope to start coaching one day..For now I hung up my cleats and traded for the blue..

[/ QUOTE ]

she thought it was gonna be a whole lot worse... so she wasnt too mad. if the car would have designed with a regular bumper i would have been fine according to the body shop guy...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

she thought it was gonna be a whole lot worse... so she wasnt too mad. if the car would have designed with a regular bumper i would have been fine according to the body shop guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats good..haha I didn't know what the hell you hit when it first happened..shocked me big time lol

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats good..haha I didn't know what the hell you hit when it first happened..shocked me big time lol

[/ QUOTE ]

heck me too, i mean i was looking out the rear windshield, than all of a sudden there is a bang...lol.

oh well, schmitt happens.

Key points in this game for Bluefield--- attack the zone and rebound...

I believe Summers Co will zone Bluefield. The Beavers must attack the zone as they did from the second quarter on against Pikeview in the Sectionals. If Craig attacks and Ansel gains rebounding position consistently, Bluefield will win in a blowout. The Beavers can not be flat footed when the ball goes to the hole.