Best student section for bball

MTNEERWOOD

I'd have to say that Bluefield has the best student section of the local high schools! They all get into it and have a great time. Even the girls are into it. At least they are sitting and talking the latest gossip. The whiteboard is hilarious.

If you think the Bluefield student section is good now...you should have been around the last 4 years before this one. This year's student section is a complete joke compared to years past. You have no idea what it was like to be apart of the true Beaver Nation for four years. Thank you all that were in it with me for making it fun.

Honestly, the best student section I have ever seen in a high school game, was Magnolia's last year upstate. They were amazing and they had this cheer that was just plain great.

Anyway...Go Beavers.

i think our bumz are decently loud... but dude for a AD1 school east mont is incredibly loud.. kinda rude but what crowd isnt at times... they had at the stands filled top to bottom bout 15 kids wide it was loud in that gym... combined with about 50 of our student section... but you gotta look it was almost like a home game for them.. and about a 3 hour drive for us.. but hey they were loud

yes the Bluefield student section now is a joke. It's pointless, stupid, and I actually had to suffer through the pain of standing in it due to the lack of seats for the Princeton game @ BSC. Prior to this year, the past few years of Bluefield's student section were great and now it was just swindled down into nothing.

Although Bluefields student section is down this year, at tomorrows state quarterfinal game, two bus fulls of students are heading up there along with many others who are traveling by their own. That alone is easily over 100 people. If it were a matter of quantity, Bluefield would be "the best" for this time, but for quality, Bluefield is far from it.

Just comparing numbers, gail.

One thing Grundy has on everybody is how small there gym is...it can pretty loud if the principal would let us, for our homecoming just about are whole home side was students but to bad were not a loud to chant...

The Grundy problem began when they played Tazewell at home. A lady from Tazewell went to the Grundy principal and expressed her displeasure with the Grundy students standing and yelling the whole time. She said that because they were standing that she couldnt see. Thus, the powers that be made the students sit down and it was never the same after that.

[ QUOTE ]

blands got 96 students coming to this basketball game tomorrow. Then we will see whose the bets is. I dont see pocky with any thing to cheer about

[/ QUOTE ]Any school would have alot of people go if they're playing a state tournament game..but everyone else is talking about all the games. We played at RG twice this year,and the older fans were much louder than the student section.

Speaking of large student sections for state tournament games, two years ago when Bluefield played Ravenswood for the title, Ravenswood had a HUGE student section. No doubt the biggest I've ever seen at the high school level. If you ever been to Charleston Civic Center, they took up the entire area behind the basket, the section on each side of the designated student section and the section of seating on the second tier. All of them wore red too. Monsterous to say the least.

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of large student sections for state tournament games, two years ago when Bluefield played Ravenswood for the title, Ravenswood had a HUGE student section. No doubt the biggest I've ever seen at the high school level. If you ever been to Charleston Civic Center, they took up the entire area behind the basket, the section on each side of the designated student section and the section of seating on the second tier. All of them wore red too. Monsterous to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Logan is playing a big game at the Civic Center it looks just like the Ravenswood section did, but the only difference is they are dressed in blue and gold.

I don't think that anyone in the state travels as well to the state tournament than Logan and Ravenswood do, regardless of class. Granted both are within about an hour or so from Charleston, even the older fans are donned in their respective school colors and supporting their team to their fullest. The only exception to these two teams would be Huntington High School last year, and that was due to the fact that there were 4 Division I-A talents and a couple I-AA on the floor also. Everyone in the state came to see them...

yeah with Ravenswood being what...ten..fifteen minutes away? They could easily field a huge crowd. I think that if Bluefield were to be 15 minutes from the state tournament venue, we would annualy have a tremendous following. Youre definitely right about Logan and Ravenswood with the packs of people they bring.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Logan is playing a big game at the Civic Center it looks just like the Ravenswood section did, but the only difference is they are dressed in blue and gold.

I don't think that anyone in the state travels as well to the state tournament than Logan and Ravenswood do, regardless of class. Granted both are within about an hour or so from Charleston, even the older fans are donned in their respective school colors and supporting their team to their fullest. The only exception to these two teams would be Huntington High School last year, and that was due to the fact that there were 4 Division I-A talents and a couple I-AA on the floor also. Everyone in the state came to see them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate ravenswood. but anyways, half of their student section is parents, watch the game and see who really gets the kids up during the game. They have a man with a full beard and a beer gut and i dont think he goes to school there. lol.

Ravenswood also has nothing else to cheer about, no football or baseball, maybe decent in golf.

you can really tell i hate R-wood. mainly cause they all think they are little JJ redicks...

yeah thats the truth about them having nothing else to cheer about. I wasnt able to get the "close-up" look that I think youre prefering, Mr. Tail, but I know for a fact I saw the Nebraska-esque Sea Of Red that game.

[ QUOTE ]

yes the Bluefield student section now is a joke. It's pointless, stupid, and I actually had to suffer through the pain of standing in it due to the lack of seats for the Princeton game @ BSC. Prior to this year, the past few years of Bluefield's student section were great and now it was just swindled down into nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's been a joke for a good part of the season...however big games have been at least electric.

With that said, tonight's 1st round upstate performance by the Beavers was simply breathtaking...literally. when the bluefield student section was chanting, the civic center would quiet down to make way for the train that sounded like it was about to barrel through the east entrance.

sure, CME catholics aren't the best, but they shouw up at the right times...as does bluefield.

besides, it's hard for a student section to replace the two big men in the front, especially since a good part of the seniors now play football. meaning, the underclassmen had to take the responsibility of really stepping it up and being vocal, plus the seniors that played soccer.

anywho, go beavers. game's friday at 1. be there.

nuff said.