Twin Valley basketball... back to richmond in 2009?

hokiepanther

Definitely. I think they expect it. They'll miss Jory's defense but the Burniston kid played really well in the last part of the year. Plus Lucas Shortridge will improve as well. Garrett wasn't 100% this year, I don't think there's any question about that (which is one of those things that makes this year more impressive). I think he'll be back to speed next year and that will improve their scoring ability (something they missed this year). He deserves a lot of credit for fighting through the pain this year. With Josh Smith and Hunter Simpson back they'll be tough. I don't think anyone in BDD will play with them next year, which means an automatic to regionals, and there it will be tough for anyone to play with them. Should be an exciting year for TV basketball!

Here is a good compliment from one of the guys who runs virgniapreps.com (the one who did all the updating during all the games this past week) about TV:

"I was very impressed with the play of the TV Panthers. This squad worked very hard and for much of the game hel there own and out-hustled the more athletic Nelson County squad. You will not find anyone in this tournament at any level wh played harder and with more determination than Josh Smith. What a scrappy hard-nosed sophomore. Simpson should his normal skilled play, and while not flashy, Garrett Horne, while still not at 100% is a tough solid guard who is a strong leader on the team.

Great season for Coach Moore's squad. All Coach Moore has done is buit a consistant winner at Pilgrams Knob, and while often overlooked , he's quickly become one of the top coaches in the state.

Again, great season for the Twin Valley Panthers and the future looks extremely bright. The rest of Region D better start preparing now because the Panthers will be the team to beat next season." RNB

Pretty good compliment eh!

They do only lose Jory who was a defensive machine, but you are right, Burniston will fill his shoes and will get a whole lot more playing time. He showed his stuff at the end of the season in clutch performances. Also Horne will be in the weight room im sure and will be getting the knee back to 100. Simpson, Smith, Horne, and Shortridge should be all BDD. With Simpson and Smith making all region with Smith being POY in the region. And they both should make all state. All four of them will be back along with Big Adam "Beefy" Keen. With Burniston, the shooter the blonde kid(I cant think of his name) and the big haired kid will step into bigger roles. Next year Horne, Smith, Simpson and Shortridge should be scoring in double figures and IMO they can all play at the next level if they wanted to. Especially if they all play like they did at the end of the year. Simpson and Smith are so consistent. Horne is a playmaker and Shortridge is not very consistent but he will have 6 or 7 from one game to 16 or whatever he had in the sub-state. Look out for the panthers I have done my homework on the kids. From the other schools around. Ball, Shortridge, and Carter are all gone from Honaker. Anyone else? Someone told me that Hall is a Senior but I dont think he is.? So they are going to be hurt big time especially in the paint. From Haysi they lose Yates and Mullins that I know of. Anybody else? And Flemming can straight out ball, maybe one of the best athletes in the District and can shoot well also. Council I think loses 1 kid. They can be the #2 team next year if Otto plays like he is capable. And with Hurley I think they lose 4, maybe 5. They are hurt bigtime. I have really looked into the BDD this year and will look into it big time next year and look forward to reporting about it. I will try to follow the teams to camp some. The likes of Honaker, TV, and Council mostly. I will give what info I have on them and I look forward to the off-season and the begginning of next season. Talk to you all soon.

Jake is his name. #32. Defensive machine, i like that thanks haha. No doubt in my mind they will make it back as long as in the words of Coach Moore "We kept looking up here, and Forgot about down here"-Va. High tourney after starting off 1-3.

dude dont overlook hurley they got those 2 cooper kids comin up and that one tall dark skinned point guard whose name escapes me... i think they'll get 3rd or 4th in district... how bout Tv's girls what yall think of them?

Ok, I understand your point, but the cooper boys are going to be freshman. This is Varsity. They wont be able to hang with the rest of the district till they are atleast sophmores. And they might not be able to do it then. There are a bunch of sophmores in the district this year. Well who will be juniors this year. So we will see. But I doubt seeing the impact this year.

The cooper boys are solid ball players already and could cause some noise next year... The tall kid is Dustin Waynick, very basketball smart to be as young as he is... These boys will make their run as Juniors I would say, but possibly as early as their sophomore year... Should be some exciting times in Rebel Country the next couple of years!

yea seriously.. ive got hurley winning district after 2010... and smith was freshman last year.. and he made ALOT of noise... haha and garrett was a fresman in 06 and was a big wheel on twin valleys wagon to richmond in 06.. so freshman or not they could do big things... but still no one has gave there opinion on the TV girls..??

Yes, I agree with that statement. The Cooper Boys will be Sophmores when Smith, Shortridge, Keen, and 1 kid off of the bench will be seniors. So after that they may win the district, but for the next two years it goes to the panthers. I think Combs said they have won the last four District Titles. I think they will go for six. That must be some kind of a record. I think the Cooper Boys will have a good welcome coming to them from not only Twin Valley, but Honaker and Council as well. This is Varsity.

Ya I have heard that song. But I can't think of anyone who can stop the Panthers. Coming into the Valley definately not. The crowd are huge supporters of the Panthers. Coach Moore might need to schedule teams that are excellent. The likes of Gate City and some of the rest of the CMD. Get Castlewood on the schedule. Invite some awesome teams to the Christmas tournament. The better skilled teams these boys play the better they will be. I know everyone is building up the Panthers. But watch out a team so high can get bit by an underdog. Such as a Honaker, Council, or maybe even a Haysi(especially with Flemming running the show). Council will be tough as well. Otto is a beast. There little point guard is a smart player too. So don't look to far ahead for the Panthers. There is some good talent in South West Virginia. Even though most of it is in Twin Valley. There is some other talent around here. So do not overlook them.

Who is the kid on TV's JV boy's team that was real good. I think his number was 24 (maybe wrong about the number, but if you watched the JV you know who he was, he was almost a one man show). Will he be moving up next year? Someone mentioned 2 off the JV, I assume this kid was one, who is the other?

Okay this is my opinion. Girls Basketball is not where it is at Twin Valley. Coach Goodman is making that team. The boys is where it is. The girls very well could win it. But my point is that the TV boys can beat Honaker and IMO they could very well compete and possibly win it in D2. The girls would stand no chance of going up against a Floyd County or Honaker for that matter. Or Virginia High. The Boys I think could. But for D1 the girls have a chance of winning it this year too. So good luck to them too.

thats exactly where i stand.. the boys i think could've beat every team in A-D1 or D2 except for maybe george wythe who is freaking awesome... but who knows if our boys played good TV basketball... the girls on the other hand wouldnt stand a chance if the divisions didnt get changed up.. but i think they couldve beat buffalo gap if they had stepped it up that nite.. and as bad as buff gap beat franklin county... our girls wouldve taken franklin to school...

i know josh smith got P.O.Y. but im not sure about the rest.. i know horne didnt make 1st team.. cuz i remember bein kinda upset about that.. but hunter and lucas i think were 1st teamm.. all i know are the TV guys idk bout the rest of the district