WVU....

MTNEER1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Pac 10, big east, Big 12, ACC...probably closer to reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pac 10??? Are you serious??? They have two good teams...UCLA and Stanford. The next three are OK...WSU, USC, and ASU. The rest are not good teams. Arizona is probably the best of the rest and they lost to UVA.

The Big 12 is no different. It has two good teams...Kansas and Texas. The next five are decent teams but the bottom five are terrible.

The Big East has nine teams that could finish in the top of any Conference in the nation. HOWEVER, this season, the bottom seven were just not that good. As bhs7895 stated, playing those teams is pretty much a sure win for any of the top nine teams regardless of where the game is played.

In the ACC, as was proven this season, there are no easy wins, especially on the road. Stealing a win on the road is like picking up a game and a half in the standings on everyone else.

BTW...ACC leads the season series with the BE 12-10...

Regardless, top to bottom, the ACC and the Big East are the two best basketball conferences...

no. dont even consider the big12. if any conference is top heavy, its them. There is Texas and Kansas, thats it. ACC is solid, top to bottom. Id honestly have 1A-ACC, 1B-Big East, 1C-Pac10 then maybe the Big ten behind those and possibly the big12.

the Pac10 is just as top heavy as the Big XII if thats what you are going by...you cant say that they are one of the three best conferences cause they arent...

[ QUOTE ]

no. dont even consider the big12. if any conference is top heavy, its them. There is Texas and Kansas, thats it. ACC is solid, top to bottom. Id honestly have 1A-ACC, 1B-Big East, 1C-Pac10 then maybe the Big ten behind those and possibly the big12.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect that answer, but in my opinion the ACC is just not as strong this year overall...wake is down, florida st ok, maryland struggled, duke is not duke of old (this year), carolina powerhouse, vt stephen curry away from greatness, Miami not as good as tech. but i do agree bottom of big east was terrible. However top 9 are better in my opinion the ACC tops teams...This year. Minus Carolina..lol

the ACC showed that any team cant beat any team when it comes down to it. As far as Miami not being as good as VT just look at who is in the NCAA tournament and who is NIT.

The ACC and Pac10 from top to bottom were the best conferences. I threw in the Big East there because of how strong the top 6 or so teams were throughout the year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect that answer, but in my opinion the ACC is just not as strong this year overall...wake is down, florida st ok, maryland struggled, duke is not duke of old (this year), carolina powerhouse, vt stephen curry away from greatness, Miami not as good as tech. but i do agree bottom of big east was terrible. However top 9 are better in my opinion the ACC tops teams...This year. Minus Carolina..lol

[/ QUOTE ]

VT does not need Curry to be a great basketball team. VT has great perimeter shooters right now with A.D. Vassallo and Malcolm Delaney. In the ACC tourney and the NIT Delany is shooting 75% from three point line (12-16.) Curry is a one man team for Davidson. Virginia Tech has five guys on the floor at any one time that can make plays and score. They don't need one person to score 30 or 40 points a game to win.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VT does not need Curry to be a great basketball team. VT has great perimeter shooters right now with A.D. Vassallo and Malcolm Delaney. In the ACC tourney and the NIT Delany is shooting 75% from three point line (12-16.) Curry is a one man team for Davidson. Virginia Tech has five guys on the floor at any one time that can make plays and score. They don't need one person to score 30 or 40 points a game to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

And with VT's system, Curry wouldn't score 30 or 40 points per game at VT...

I grew up watching the ACC especially the UNC vs. DUKE rivalry. I still watch that game as well as many other games that UNC play. I have always said that the ACC IS THE toughest league around. NOT THIS YEAR! Anyone who says so really needs to go back and look at it. The ACC got 4 teams in the field of 64. They are usually a lock for 6 teams sometimes more. UNC rules the ACC Duke is far from any great Duke team. WF needs a new coach. FSU maybe a contender next year. VT at the top of the conference at least the top 5 for now. I just don't see how anyone says the ACC is the best conference. Just look at number of teams ranked , number of teams in the tournament, the number of teams left in the tournament. The only reason WVU beat Duke was because of the extremely tough Big East conference schedule. Duke was run ragged by the end of the game and could not keep up.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Greenberg has done a good job this year but the ACC definitely wasn't as strong this year. You really have to look at the non conference losses for the Hokies. Credit to them for rebounding but you play the whole season not just half of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACC not as strong this year? Compared to who? The Big East? The Big East had six teams that had overall records that were six games or worse below .500. That is practically four or five "gimmie" games right there depending on how many times you play those teams in the bottom half.

The ACC had three teams that were overall below .500 and the worst one was B.C. which was 14-17. The other two teams were 15-17 (G.T.) and 15-16 (N.C. State.) There are no "gimmies" in ACC play night in and night out.

Top to bottom the ACC is the toughest league around. I know that you are a WVU fan so you will be biased towards the Big East and that's fine. I would rate them the second best league in the nation only because the shear number of teams in it, but there are several "gimmie" games in league play and when you have those types of games, it will hurt the value or your league a little.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm just stating mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the Big East, Pac 10, Big XII, ....take any of those conferences and they have more than 2 good teams. ACC only has UNC AND DUKE. Give Miami, VT, and FSU another year or two and with good recruiting that could change. I mean the ACC is loaded with schools that have the big name.....but nothing big coming from them this year. They are young, inexpereienced and just not good enough this year. ONce again I love ACC basketball...at least the old school ACC, but it's not what it used to be. Talent is going all over the country rather than going to the old power teams that once were.

name me another good team from the Big 12 other than Texas and Kansas. the ACC was deep; it showed as they could have any team beat any other team on any given night. The Big East had 6 or 7 schools that were very legit but the rest were from decent to terrible. The Pac10 and ACC were the true top conferences this year.

Texas A&M is another good team from the Big XII...there is your other one..if you want i can keep going...i mean there is also Oklahoma...who made the tournament...

[ QUOTE ]

I grew up watching the ACC especially the UNC vs. DUKE rivalry. I still watch that game as well as many other games that UNC play. I have always said that the ACC IS THE toughest league around. NOT THIS YEAR! Anyone who says so really needs to go back and look at it. The ACC got 4 teams in the field of 64. They are usually a lock for 6 teams sometimes more. UNC rules the ACC Duke is far from any great Duke team. WF needs a new coach. FSU maybe a contender next year. VT at the top of the conference at least the top 5 for now. I just don't see how anyone says the ACC is the best conference. Just look at number of teams ranked , number of teams in the tournament, the number of teams left in the tournament. The only reason WVU beat Duke was because of the extremely tough Big East conference schedule. Duke was run ragged by the end of the game and could not keep up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about blowing sunshine up your own ass!! You have talked all the time how the ACC is weak in basketball and football and after being banned 1,722 times, YOU NOW SAY YOU'VE ALWAYS LOVED ACC BASKETBALL???

It is also curious to me that in the years that the ACC has NOT had a representative on the NCAA selection commitee, they have gotten no more then four teams into the field. Jay Bilas stated that on Selection Sunday. Isn't Mike "Trained Geese" on the selection commitee? I'm sure he wasn't butt slappin' with the guys in the war room to get more Big East teams into the field.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

oklahoma? 78-48 Ring a bell?

Who else you got, Baylor? They were down 19 at half to Purdue.

i was just mentioning some other teams that were decent...he said name other teams...and if you want to go by teams in the tournament...Big XII had 5 that i can think of right now with a number 1 and a number 2 seed...Texas and Kansas are both heavy favorites to be in the Final Four...any other conferences have 2 HEAVY favorites to be in the Final Four?

if you want to go by teams in the tournament judging how strong a conference is, the SEC had I believe 6 teams which is more than the ACC and just as much as the Big East if im not mistaken. Is anyone considering saying the SEC is just as strong as the BE and that much stronger than the ACC? No. The Big 12 is weak, its simple as that. Oklahoma is not good, Texas A&M is a joke and K-State is a two man show with terrible coaching. Its Texas, Kansas and noone else in that conference; has been for the past three years.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

At the beginning of the tournament, Duke was a favorite by many. As was UNC. And you put Texas into any other bracket any they are not the favorite.

Texas is gonna be seeing double here soon anyways....

you sure about that Tail??? Texas is a very talented team with two very good veteran guards leading them...not too mention...they will play in Texas the rest of the tournament...

the ACC had two final four favorites in Duke and UNC as did the Pac10 with UCLA and Stanford. You could also make the case for the Big East who had Georgetown, Louisville and Pitt on a lot of people's mind as final four teams.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about blowing sunshine up your own ass!! You have talked all the time how the ACC is weak in basketball and football and after being banned 1,722 times, YOU NOW SAY YOU'VE ALWAYS LOVED ACC BASKETBALL???

It is also curious to me that in the years that the ACC has NOT had a representative on the NCAA selection commitee, they have gotten no more then four teams into the field. Jay Bilas stated that on Selection Sunday. Isn't Mike "Trained Geese" on the selection commitee? I'm sure he wasn't butt slappin' with the guys in the war room to get more Big East teams into the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Mr. Burns.....I have stated on here under a several alias' that I like the ACC. I love the Heels. I am a WVU fan first. I love college sports altogether. Yes I grew up watching the ACC because it was the most popular and therefore on TV the most. The UNC v Duke rivalry was always on. WVU was in the A10 and on the Beckley channel sometimes, but always like now. I have followed both WVU and UNC for many years. I also had an earlier post about being a huge MJ fan as well as Dean Smith. That one was probably deleted for no reason as well. And never said I liked ACC football...nope never and pointless.

I like the sunshine...but not putting it near anyone's ass. The ACC is weak this year. If the BE was that weak, I'd let you know. Look at our football BE this year. Was for the most part dissapointing for the conference as a whole. The ACC was UNC and Duke....deep is a severe overstatement. Even Joe Alexander's statement about Duke being competitive but not the top of the BE was true.

[ QUOTE ]

At the beginning of the tournament, Duke was a favorite by many. As was UNC. And you put Texas into any other bracket any they are not the favorite.

Texas is gonna be seeing double here soon anyways....

[/ QUOTE ]

DUKE?....I know UNC ....KANSAS were both favored by many..I even heard Tennessee and Memphis...but never heard Duke as a favorite to win it all.