WVU....

MTNEER1

WVU has definitely over achieved this year! I mean losing your HC to meeeechigan and having to learn a whole new system. WVU has risen to the challenge that Huggy Bear gave them. Imagine what can happen as he gets his recruits in. Sweet 16? I was hoping we would at least get back to NIT. I knew we had the talent, but didnt' know if we could pull it together in time!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

They are playing with the confidence they need now. Alexander gained his confidence and the whole team has now picked up on that it seems.

imo wvu has the best coach in college basketball in bob huggins... i cant believe cincinnati let him go just because he got caught drinking and driving but oh well

best of luck to wvu when the play xavier

Guest JJBrickface

He sure did outcoach Coach Special K.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bob Thuggins isn't the best coach in the NCAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

who is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Huggins is a solid coach, but off the top of my head I would rate the following coaches ahead of him.

Roy Williams

Tom Izzo

Ben Howland

John Thompson III

Coach K-rat

Rick Pitino

Bruce Pearl

Rick Barnes

Lute Olson

and...

Kelvin Sampson (I kid, I kid)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bob Thuggins isn't the best coach in the NCAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

who is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the obvious ones that have won an championship........what makes any of the others better?

Huggins is a solid coach, but off the top of my head I would rate the following coaches ahead of him.

Roy Williams

Tom Izzo

Ben Howland

John Thompson III

Coach K-rat

Rick Pitino

Bruce Pearl

Rick Barnes

Lute Olson

and...

Kelvin Sampson (I kid, I kid)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I definitely wouldnt have him as the best active coach right now. I agree with Rules on his listing of coaches. Billy the Kid Donovan is on his way to greatness and will be known as one of the greatest coaches in college basketball. I hate saying that because I despise the Gators, but mark my words.

completely understandable. he gets left out of talks a lot about better active coaches. its so crazy how a majority of people forget about him when he just won 2 national championships back to back.

anyway, look out for the Gators next year and two years after. They started I believe three freshmen this year and the other two starters were a sophomore and a junior and yet they won 20+ games. Yes, I know it was the SEC, but still. I look for them to be right back where they were last year and two years ago in a few seasons from now if Calathes and Lucas both stay.

[ QUOTE ]

Seth Greenberg is starting to make a case for himself. I'm interested to see how he does in the next couple of years. Obviously he's not in the "elite" coaches club right now, but it will be interesting to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has done a good job the last two years....I would go as far as mentioning him with great or consistently good just yet. Maybe in a few years......maybe. Up until this year his record was 67-56 per hokiesports.com (.545 winning %)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Seth Greenberg is starting to make a case for himself. I'm interested to see how he does in the next couple of years. Obviously he's not in the "elite" coaches club right now, but it will be interesting to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has done a good job the last two years....I would go as far as mentioning him with great or consistently good just yet. Maybe in a few years......maybe. Up until this year his record was 67-56 per hokiesports.com (.545 winning %)

[/ QUOTE ]

He's won the ACC coach of the year two out of the four years he's been in the ACC. He won nine conference games with six freshmen this year in the #1 rated conference in the country.

He's done a tremedous job at a school trying to grow a basketball program.

Guest JJBrickface

Greenberg has done a good job this year but the ACC definitely wasn't as strong this year. You really have to look at the non conference losses for the Hokies. Credit to them for rebounding but you play the whole season not just half of it.

[ QUOTE ]

Greenberg has done a good job this year but the ACC definitely wasn't as strong this year. You really have to look at the non conference losses for the Hokies. Credit to them for rebounding but you play the whole season not just half of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACC not as strong this year? Compared to who? The Big East? The Big East had six teams that had overall records that were six games or worse below .500. That is practically four or five "gimmie" games right there depending on how many times you play those teams in the bottom half.

The ACC had three teams that were overall below .500 and the worst one was B.C. which was 14-17. The other two teams were 15-17 (G.T.) and 15-16 (N.C. State.) There are no "gimmies" in ACC play night in and night out.

Top to bottom the ACC is the toughest league around. I know that you are a WVU fan so you will be biased towards the Big East and that's fine. I would rate them the second best league in the nation only because the shear number of teams in it, but there are several "gimmie" games in league play and when you have those types of games, it will hurt the value or your league a little.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm just stating mine.

not this year the ACC is not the toughest from top to bottom...like saying miami is still powerhouse in football not happening...Carolina is far best team....Even TV people/writers are saying ACC is not real Good..Just the facts ...key word this year...Maybe next year....However, I do think Carolina will win big dance.