Will Graham or Tazewell be improved by former PHS athletes?

GHS89

Now that it's a done deal and we don't have to discuss politics anymore, will Graham or Tazewell get any impact athletes from the former PHS? Football or any sport? Will Louthan land a spot on the GHS staff? I hope so.

I don't know anything about Scott Louthan, I know his dad was a good coach and he was very likeable. I'm sure both schools would benefit a "little" from the consolidation, but not much. In the grand scheme of things, both will still be small Division-3 schools, so not much change in my humble opinion.

Do the kids get to pick where they go? or is there a geographic division?

If I was a kid and I could pick...I'd pick Graham for football...Tazewell for Baseball or basketball (mainly for the coaching and tradition of the programs).

I agree with Tazewell for baseball, but have you seen Tazewell's b-ball team. They can't keep players out, also not a lot of stability in head coaches there. However, I also know Graham is not really any better, but they did beat Tazewell twice. Football Graham, Baseball Tazewell, and Basketball toss up. It is my understanding that the kids can choose either school.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know anything about Scott Louthan, I know his dad was a good coach and he was very likeable. I'm sure both schools would benefit a "little" from the consolidation, but not much. In the grand scheme of things, both will still be small Division-3 schools, so not much change in my humble opinion.

If I was a kid and I could pick...I'd pick Graham for football...Tazewell for Baseball or basketball (mainly for the coaching and tradition of the programs).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that the kids can pick to a certain extent. Im sure the county isnt going to run busses all the way through Abbs Valley to take kids to Graham, and visa visa considering the kids that live on the Bluefield side of Abbs Valley and Pocahontas. But I guess if they can provide thier only transportation then I guess they could go anywhere they want.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that the kids can pick to a certain extent. Im sure the county isnt going to run busses all the way through Abbs Valley to take kids to Graham, and visa visa considering the kids that live on the Bluefield side of Abbs Valley and Pocahontas. But I guess if they can provide thier only transportation then I guess they could go anywhere they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my teachers today said that Graham buses are the only buses that are goin down that way and if the kids wants to go to tazewell then they will have to find there own transportation.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with Tazewell for baseball, but have you seen Tazewell's b-ball team. They can't keep players out, also not a lot of stability in head coaches there. However, I also know Graham is not really any better, but they did beat Tazewell twice. Football Graham, Baseball Tazewell,

and Basketball toss up. It is my understanding that the kids can choose either school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham basketball did make it to regionals this year for the first time since 2003 and we did have a very young team that should be good in the furture and the pocy players will be able to make a big impact at Graham thats just what i think

[ QUOTE ]

Now that it's a done deal and we don't have to discuss politics anymore, will Graham or Tazewell get any impact athletes from the former PHS? Football or any sport? Will Louthan land a spot on the GHS staff? I hope so.

[/ QUOTE ]

the staff will have jobs based on senority.i think that Graham will benefit from the closing of the school.as far as the atheletic dept. goes.

In my opinion, I'm sure they hate to lose their school and all, but bright side coming to Tazewell or Graham that can get you recognized in athletics and maybe better chance to get in to college.