Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. the most overrated sports figure?

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

To me he has to be. His image sales but his performance is less than stellar.

I think Jr. has been gun shy since his fiery crash a few years ago...I don't believe he has been the same driver since. That said, he is 4th in the points standings as of today, and even though he has not won in a while he is looking like he might be regaining some of that old Dale Jr. competitiveness...at least I hope he is.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Michelle Wie is. At least Jr. has won events/races in his chosen profession. Michelle Wie hasn't...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Michelle Wie is. At least Jr. has won events/races in his chosen profession. Michelle Wie hasn't...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll give you that one. Jr. to me is like Kournikova a few years ago. All style, very little skill.

[ QUOTE ]

there is such thing as "skill" in NASCAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big fan of NASCAR but you have to give them their respect, it does take skill. Try making some of the maneuvers they do in the confined spaces they do, at the speeds they do. Not many can.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

there is such thing as "skill" in NASCAR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets just say that you would probably kill yourself if you attempted to drive a car at 200 mph.

I won't try to spark a debate on whether NASCAR is a sport or not, but I will say that if you ever want to fall asleep on a Sunday afternoon just lay on your couch and turn on a NASCAR race...

Edit: Oh, and I would love to see Tony Stewart out in a bar one night...

[ QUOTE ]

sorry, I just dont see where the "skill" is at in the "sport" of racing a car, truck, jet, motor scooter, paddle boat...whatever else there is involved in "professional racing."

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd crash in a heartbeat at those speeds, especially with 39 other cars within inches of you...

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, I never so many people would get so defensive over a "sport" which consists of a few rednceks hoping into a car, getting to high speeds, and driving in circles for 5 hours on a Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stereotype much?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, I never so many people would get so defensive over a "sport" which consists of a few rednceks hoping into a car, getting to high speeds, and driving in circles for 5 hours on a Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like basketball way more than NASCAR but I could say it consists of 10 guys running up and down a court trying to toss an orange circular object into a metal rim with a nylon net tied on...you see where I am going with this?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like basketball way more than NASCAR but I could say it consists of 10 guys running up and down a court trying to toss an orange circular object into a metal rim with a nylon net tied on...you see where I am going with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

And you didnt even have to stereotype all of the participants of the game of basketball...even though you probably could have.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm suggesting is that you should put more thought into the skill required to perform in the sport before you knock the drivers. These guys are getting paid millions and millions for what they do.

You sit in a car driving 150 MPH + in a fire suit griping the wheel as tight as you can in temps that reach 115 + in the car and sitting in a seat that has NO support for 4-5 hours on a sunday and lets see how you do. I use to follow NASCAR a little bit, but I haven't been interested in it in several years. I've been to the Bristol night race three times and I also know it is a boring sport to watch, but I also know some of the brutal conditions these guys drive in.

Most Overrated sports figures:

5: Earnhardt Jr.

4: Michelle Wie

3: Andy Roddick

2: Freddy Adu

1: Johan Santana

Actually, the single most overrated sports figure is a footballer named Frank Lampard from Chelsea/England NT. I figured no one would know/care enough about british football for me to put him on the list. Pretty hardcore stereotype right there, i know. Aren't I right though?

In my opinion, I truly think that David Beckham is one of the most overrated, if not the most overrated soccer player in the world. If the defense can eliminate or even control their fouling deep in their own territory then Beckham is hardly a threat and an average midfielder at best.

Guest JJBrickface

Andy Griffith is a good show to fall asleep to as well. Not because its boring, but it makes me miss Mayberry, sitting on the porch drinking ice cold cherry coke...Where everything is black and white na na na nananana, picking on a six string, people pass by and you call them their first name, watching the clouds roll by, bye bye.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Sometimes it feels like this world is spinning faster, Than it did in the old days. So naturally, we have more natural disasters ,From the strain of a fast pace

Sunday was a day of rest,Now, it’s one more day for progress, And we can’t slow down ‘cause more is best, It’s all an endless process....

great song...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

BBA... i just want you to know you are my fire, my one desire...

our boy band would be like these guys...