WVU 6th in director cup standings

wvuraiders

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

no no JJ YOU need to stop being so ignorant...just about every thread that is started about VT has turned into a VT bash thread because someone will say something off topic and it will just be bash central..Vick got in trouble...and the response by WVU fans was...yeah look at that VT product...what an outstanding citizen blah blah blah...yet if someone gets on here and says ONE bad thing about WVU its as if hell has broken loose on that one person for saying something bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont call me out when you dont have a clue. I've never undermined the success of other VT athletic programs due to the actions of Mike Vick. This was a thread about the success of the WVU athletic programs. If you don't like the topic then don't reply to it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one has condoned the actions of any athlete who has committed a crime. You guys are missing the point. How many student athletes compete at WVU? How many were arrested last year? You guys are taking a thread that highlights the accomplishments of the WVU athletic teams as a whole and turning it into something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as happened at VT yet WVU fans bashed incessantly...that shoe hurts doesn't it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we allll know that WVu fans bashed the VT womens soccer, softball, and swim teams!!! Stop being so ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

And where did I bash WVU's other teams???

Face it, truth hurts...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

No one has condoned the actions of any athlete who has committed a crime. You guys are missing the point. How many student athletes compete at WVU? How many were arrested last year? You guys are taking a thread that highlights the accomplishments of the WVU athletic teams as a whole and turning it into something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as happened at VT yet WVU fans bashed incessantly...that shoe hurts doesn't it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we allll know that WVu fans bashed the VT womens soccer, softball, and swim teams!!! Stop being so ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

And where did I bash WVU's other teams???

Face it, truth hurts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Helllooo? Was this thread about WVU football or all WVU sports? You implied that the success of WVU athletics was because of them selling out and winning at all costs. Can you be any more incompetent?

JJ don't let these guys get you iritated...they like their team we like ours...We are on top once again and it gets under their skin...Every school has certain "thugs" anyone who does not believe that is severly out of touch with reality...Looking forward to this year again wvu will once again show how strong the program is in all sports!!!!

i never said you personally did..just pointing out the facts that some (most) of the other WVU fans on here do hold VT accountable for the actions of the few..Vick was just the first example that came to mind..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU is taking care of their "thugs." They released 3 players and and 3 good ones at that for being friendly with Mary J. There was no questions asked.....just pack your crap and go. Unlike many other schools who continue allow their little guys chance after chance. Do I need to name them or are we too stupid to figure some out?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You guys either have short memories or you're just too stupid to figure it out...I know which way I'm leaning towards...

[/ QUOTE ]

A VT fan as yourself has little room to talk about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it's a short memory or too stupid....

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-Man. With me being a Miami fan and all, Ive tried to tell people that they are not the "THUG U" tag-wearing school anymore. Sure, Miami had the huge brawl with FIU in 2006, but remember it was started by the FIU player who punched the Miami lineman. No current or recent Miami player over the past 4 or 5 years has gotten into significant trouble off or on campus. Yes, there are little things like being late for practice and such that some players have been disciplined for, but no fighting in bars for stepping on someones shoes, no drug rings, nothing. I just think that these WVU fans cant accept it that they have that tag now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...Do you change favorite teams every 2 minutes? Like 2 months ago your favorite team was LSU.

And why does it matter who started the Fau/Miami brawl? the point is that almost everybody was fighting. Insted of The miami player acting like the bigger man and just walking away. He had to act like an idiot and hit the FAU player back. Then Merriweather, who was a junior or senior at the time went in and started hitting somebody. A Junior!!!!! you would figure somebody who was an upperclassmen like merriweather would try to seperate them. Nope, he goes in there and fights too. What a role model for freshman players to look up to right?

You're kidding me right? with your statement that sais "No current or recent Miami player over the past 4 or 5 years has gotten into significant trouble off or on campus"

I'd love to list some off for you..

February 2004: Linebacker Willie Williams was one of the nation's most-prized recruits at Carol City High in Miami. The same day he signed his letter of intent with the Hurricanes, the Alachua County (Fla.) State Attorney announced Williams was being investigated for three criminal complaints stemming from a recruiting visit to the University of Florida in January. Also, a record showing 10 arrests as a juvenile, including on felony burglary charges, came to light. After months of deliberations, Miami decided to admit Williams — with conditions. He suffered an injury in practice in August 2004 and was redshirted as a freshman. He played in 10 games in 2005 but left the program this summer.

•July 11, 2004: Cornerback Antrel Rolle is arrested and charged with a felony, battery on a police officer, in connection with an early-morning incident in Coconut Grove, Fla. Rolle is suspended indefinitely. Prosecutors later decide not to pursue the case, citing problems with evidence. Rolle is reinstated.

Dec. 30, 2005: Several Miami players fight with LSU players following the Tigers' 40-3 win at the Peach Bowl in Atlanta, a brawl that quickly escalated into a melee in the tunnel leading from the field and had Georgia State Patrol officers intervening.

•Aug. 27, 2006: Wide receiver Ryan Moore, sent home from the Peach Bowl for violating team rules, is suspended for the first two games of 2006 for other violations. The Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office says it expects to charge Moore this week with misdemeanors stemming from an Aug. 26 fight with a woman. Moore hasn't played this season.

Sept. 16, 2006: Shortly before the game at Louisville, virtually the entire Hurricanes' roster jumps on the Cardinals logo at midfield — an act widely viewed as a taunting gesture. Miami loses 31-7. Afterward, several Miami players chide teammates for their involvement in that incident.

•Oct. 14, 2006: A bench-clearing brawl breaks out among players on the field during the third quarter of a game against Florida International at the Orange Bowl. A total of 13 players are ejected after police and stadium security help break up the five-minute melee. TV cameras catch one Miami player wielding his helmet as a weapon and an injured FIU player swinging his crutches.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/acc/2006-10-16-miami-timeline_x.htm

If you think that WVU is the new "thug-u" because two FORMER players have caused trouble, then slap my ass and call me sally...because thats the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.

And then after the brawl with FIU, The hurricane team has the balls to jump up and down with the helmets in the air. What does that prove? I'll tell you what it shows. That UM is one of the most classless teams ever in the country. 2 fights in 3 years. Don't forget about them stomping on Louisvilles 50-yard line and then getting demolished.

MIAMI will be Thug-U for a while with crap like this continuing

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-Man. With me being a Miami fan and all, Ive tried to tell people that they are not the "THUG U" tag-wearing school anymore. Sure, Miami had the huge brawl with FIU in 2006, but remember it was started by the FIU player who punched the Miami lineman. No current or recent Miami player over the past 4 or 5 years has gotten into significant trouble off or on campus. Yes, there are little things like being late for practice and such that some players have been disciplined for, but no fighting in bars for stepping on someones shoes, no drug rings, nothing. I just think that these WVU fans cant accept it that they have that tag now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...Do you change favorite teams every 2 minutes? Like 2 months ago your favorite team was LSU.

And why does it matter who started the Fau/Miami brawl? the point is that almost everybody was fighting. Insted of The miami player acting like the bigger man and just walking away. He had to act like an idiot and hit the FAU player back. Then Merriweather, who was a junior or senior at the time went in and started hitting somebody. A Junior!!!!! you would figure somebody who was an upperclassmen like merriweather would try to seperate them. Nope, he goes in there and fights too. What a role model for freshman players to look up to right?

You're kidding me right? with your statement that sais "No current or recent Miami player over the past 4 or 5 years has gotten into significant trouble off or on campus"

February 2004: Linebacker Willie Williams was one of the nation's most-prized recruits at Carol City High in Miami. The same day he signed his letter of intent with the Hurricanes, the Alachua County (Fla.) State Attorney announced Williams was being investigated for three criminal complaints stemming from a recruiting visit to the University of Florida in January. Also, a record showing 10 arrests as a juvenile, including on felony burglary charges, came to light. After months of deliberations, Miami decided to admit Williams — with conditions. He suffered an injury in practice in August 2004 and was redshirted as a freshman. He played in 10 games in 2005 but left the program this summer.

•July 11, 2004: Cornerback Antrel Rolle is arrested and charged with a felony, battery on a police officer, in connection with an early-morning incident in Coconut Grove, Fla. Rolle is suspended indefinitely. Prosecutors later decide not to pursue the case, citing problems with evidence. Rolle is reinstated.

Dec. 30, 2005: Several Miami players fight with LSU players following the Tigers' 40-3 win at the Peach Bowl in Atlanta, a brawl that quickly escalated into a melee in the tunnel leading from the field and had Georgia State Patrol officers intervening.

•Aug. 27, 2006: Wide receiver Ryan Moore, sent home from the Peach Bowl for violating team rules, is suspended for the first two games of 2006 for other violations. The Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office says it expects to charge Moore this week with misdemeanors stemming from an Aug. 26 fight with a woman. Moore hasn't played this season.

Sept. 16, 2006: Shortly before the game at Louisville, virtually the entire Hurricanes' roster jumps on the Cardinals logo at midfield — an act widely viewed as a taunting gesture. Miami loses 31-7. Afterward, several Miami players chide teammates for their involvement in that incident.

•Oct. 14, 2006: A bench-clearing brawl breaks out among players on the field during the third quarter of a game against Florida International at the Orange Bowl. A total of 13 players are ejected after police and stadium security help break up the five-minute melee. TV cameras catch one Miami player wielding his helmet as a weapon and an injured FIU player swinging his crutches.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/acc/2006-10-16-miami-timeline_x.htm

If you think that WVU is the new "thug-u" because two FORMER players have caused trouble, then slap my ass and call me sally...because thats the stupidest thing i've heard in a while.

[/ QUOTE ] Well sure, but other than that...ROFLOL!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU is taking care of their "thugs." They released 3 players and and 3 good ones at that for being friendly with Mary J. There was no questions asked.....just pack your crap and go. Unlike many other schools who continue allow their little guys chance after chance. Do I need to name them or are we too stupid to figure some out?

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to Frank Beamer letting Marcus Vick back on the team after his "fine" influence with the young people in the area. We ALL got to see the result of that in the Gator Bowl.

Whatever little respect I had for Beamer before that was lost forever. Say what you like about Rodriquez, but he didn't put up with much of that crap, and to-date, doesn't look like Coach "Stew" is either.

naryWhatever little respect I had for Beamer before that was lost forever. Say what you like about Rodriquez, but he didn't put up with much of that crap, and to-date, doesn't look like Coach "Stew" is either.

I read an article just the other day but I can't remember where it came from, maybe an Cincinnati paper about Chris Henry and the article talked about how Henry got away with alot of stuff at WVU and evened mentioned the one game suspension he recieved after giving the Rutgers fans the finger after having two personal called on him. The article went on to say that the only reason that he got the one game suspension was because President Hardesty demand that RR do so. RR was not the disciplinarian everyone thought he was. And by the way, I'm a WVU fan...but I call it like I see it.

[ QUOTE ]

naryWhatever little respect I had for Beamer before that was lost forever. Say what you like about Rodriquez, but he didn't put up with much of that crap, and to-date, doesn't look like Coach "Stew" is either.

I read an article just the other day but I can't remember where it came from, maybe an Cincinnati paper about Chris Henry and the article talked about how Henry got away with alot of stuff at WVU and evened mentioned the one game suspension he recieved after giving the Rutgers fans the finger after having two personal called on him. The article went on to say that the only reason that he got the one game suspension was because President Hardesty demand that RR do so. RR was not the disciplinarian everyone thought he was. And by the way, I'm a WVU fan...but I call it like I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that WVU doesnt have its problems. But what major university doesnt? but To call WVU the new "thug-U" in my opinion is totally insane.

[ QUOTE ]

no no JJ YOU need to stop being so ignorant...just about every thread that is started about VT has turned into a VT bash thread because someone will say something off topic and it will just be bash central..Vick got in trouble...and the response by WVU fans was...yeah look at that VT product...what an outstanding citizen blah blah blah...yet if someone gets on here and says ONE bad thing about WVU its as if hell has broken loose on that one person for saying something bad...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you have the roles reversed on that beano5. Everyime a WVU thread is made, it turns into a WVU bashing thread. Notice the thread we're in now. Somebody stated that WVU was 6th in the directors cup standings or whatever, then what do you know, a VT fan (GMan) jumps on here and gives his opinion, which is not needed nor wanted in a thread thats doing nothing but congratulating WVU on all of their athletics.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you have the roles reversed on that beano5. Everyime a WVU thread is made, it turns into a WVU bashing thread. Notice the thread we're in now. Somebody stated that WVU was 6th in the directors cup standings or whatever, then what do you know, a VT fan (GMan) jumps on here and gives his opinion, which is not needed nor wanted in a thread thats doing nothing but congratulating WVU on all of their athletics.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how the tables have turned.

Yes, Rolle was arrested and there was no evidence found supporting the charges against him, so nothing came of it because nothing could be proved to say that he did it. Williams was in trouble, they gave him a chance, he got in trouble again and they kicked him off. Ryan Moore has since been kicked off of Miami's team; keep in mind, he was a top recruit and widely considered as one of the better receivers in the country before he was dismissed.

As far as the brawl goes, there was a scuffle before the huge happening and then it escalated again. Whether Meriweather was a senior or not, you defend your team and fight with the team. FIU was the team that caused the brawl and the team that escalted it. They were the ones to throw the first punches, drop kick Miami's kicker who was just standing there, and have an injured player run out with a crutch and start swinging. I agree that Miami shouldnt have started that fight with LSU after the Peach Bowl game but it was a select few who started it and a select few that finished it. It wasnt involving the entire team like the FIU incident.

Thug U or not, Miami produces results. Sure, they havent had high success in recent years at the college level, but they have more current professional players than any other college in the country. Antrel Rolle, starter, Brandon Meriweather, starter..just to name the players you mentioned because if I were to name them all from the 2001 and on, it would take up too much space. They may recruit "thugs", but they recruit thugs that can play ball, and these "thugs" are now making millions playing professional football on teams that are happy to sign them. No Pacman Jones, no Chris Henry; just the late Sean Taylor, Kellen Winslow, Willis McGahee, Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, D.J. Williams, and many, many others that could be named.

Guest JJBrickface

Miami will always be Thug U.

Notre Dame vs. Miami - Catholics vs. Convicts

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually Rocks..it goes both ways...

[ QUOTE ]

Miami will always be Thug U.

Notre Dame vs. Miami - Catholics vs. Convicts

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much sums it up. With all their team speed they usually have, they still can't out-run that reputation. Miami's certainly not one of my favorite team's, but I still root for them from time to time, especially against VT. Butch Davis had that program kinda cleaned up for a little while, but it slowly went back to Hell under Cocker, at least the notoriusly "thug" Miami teams of the 80's and early 90's won a big game once in a while.

Hey, there's a reason that "Miami Vice" was made in Miami. It's not just the team, it's the entire city that seems to earn that rep.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any coach that lets PacMan and Henry stay on the team put up with as much, or more, crap as any coach in college football. I know for a fact both of them had many incidents in Motown that were "taken care of" out of the public eye. Those two were "protected" in order to keep them playing. As WVU fans, you should have realized by now what a sleezebag RR really is. But once again that may fall into the "too dumb or too stupid" to realize category.

Granted, I like how Stewart has had the "problem children" during his tenure so far...let's just wait and see how that translates into wins and losses on the football field...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please remember one thing, as with most of WVU's problems, all those incidents with the Miami players happened under the old regime. Since Randy Shannon has taken over, things seem to be on the more "straight and narrow" as he is desperately trying to rebuild their football program and their reputation.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any coach that lets PacMan and Henry stay on the team put up with as much, or more, crap as any coach in college football. I know for a fact both of them had many incidents in Motown that were "taken care of" out of the public eye. Those two were "protected" in order to keep them playing. As WVU fans, you should have realized by now what a sleezebag RR really is. But once again that may fall into the "too dumb or too stupid" to realize category.

Granted, I like how Stewart has had the "problem children" during his tenure so far...let's just wait and see how that translates into wins and losses on the football field...

[/ QUOTE ]

RR is not there! He is a sleezebag...we don't deny that. Our problem children have been taken care of immediately even with RR last year ....some of his players who were in trouble were suspended. Two of which would have started if it weren't for that incident. Stew is continuing tough love. Several other college coaches don't do that. Look at Beamer or even Miles at LSU. Miles suspended Perilloux....for how long....a few workouts...big deal. He was to be reinstated soon if he hasn't already.