The Future of Graham High School Football.

futbolking

Seems to be on the "down" for the past couple of seasons, are things looking "up" for Graham? Any talent coming up, how do the next few years look?

I really don't think that the tradition at Graham is over, I seem to think it's just a couple of down years for them. I expect them to be back on top soon. Kids there dream of playing for Graham when they're small, or is the dream over?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I think this is the answer many of us are hoping for...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh the 80's!! I got to spend 5 glorious years in that decade.

I was at work today and this kid wearing a Graham shirt that said SWD Champs came in strutting his stuff like he was tough [censored]. Not 5 minutes latter came in a friend of mine wearing his 9-time state champions shirt on. That gave me a great laugh, the kid from Graham looked like his heart had been ripped out and throw into a wood chipper.

That was pretty much off topic, but...

[ QUOTE ]

I was at work today and this kid wearing a Graham shirt that said SWD Champs came in strutting his stuff like he was tough [censored]. Not 5 minutes latter came in a friend of mine wearing his 9-time state champions shirt on. That gave me a great laugh, the kid from Graham looked like his heart had been ripped out and throw into a wood chipper.

That was pretty much off topic, but...

[/ QUOTE ]

And your friend played for how many of those State Championship teams???

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon beat graham

Marion beat down Abingdon and yes I agree if Graham would have played to their potential they would have beat Abingdon as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if abingdon would have played to their potential they would have beat down marion

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon beat graham

Marion beat down Abingdon and yes I agree if Graham would have played to their potential they would have beat Abingdon as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if abingdon would have played to their potential they would have beat down marion

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they never play to their potential. Marion has beat them five out the last seven years. You are right, when you don`t tackle that is not playing to your potential. It is also hard for your awesome passing game to get going when you are getting hammered by the blitz all game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon beat graham

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they never play to their potential. Marion has beat them five out the last seven years. You are right, when you don`t tackle that is not playing to your potential. It is also hard for your awesome passing game to get going when you are getting hammered by the blitz all game.

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad all the other teams abingdon beat didnt figure that out

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon beat graham

[/ QUOTE ]

Sun dont shine in the sames dog a$$ all the time...you had it bright and sunny last year I think a big black cloud is in your near future...like 12/14 weeks from now...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon beat graham

[/ QUOTE ]

Sun dont shine in the sames dog a$$ all the time...you had it bright and sunny last year I think a big black cloud is in your near future...like 12/14 weeks from now...

[/ QUOTE ]

How's the wave looking for this year?

[ QUOTE ]

He played on the 2004 and 2007 squads. I thought it was just funny that he was wearing a state championship shirt while the kid from Graham had a district championship shirt on.

[/ QUOTE ]

now did he actually play or ride the bench?

[ QUOTE ]

He played on the 2004 and 2007 squads. I thought it was just funny that he was wearing a state championship shirt while the kid from Graham had a district championship shirt on.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is the funny part to me. Winning a state championship in West Virginia football is......not prestigious. And Bluefield fans act like thier program is the conquering horde. It makes for some really interesting conversations to tell Beaver fans that the two best teams they played last year bot were from Virginia and one was "single A". The look on their faces is priceless.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is the funny part to me. Winning a state championship in West Virginia football is......not prestigious. And Bluefield fans act like thier program is the conquering horde. It makes for some really interesting conversations to tell Beaver fans that the two best teams they played last year bot were from Virginia and one was "single A". The look on their faces is priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's priceless to see you continually try and down play the accomplishments of Bluefield with this Virginia is much, much better routine. Keep telling your bitter self that if it makes you feel better. Of course, it's be to expected from someone who lives his life with his head and balls always stuck in the sand...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

abingdon beat graham

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

too bad all the other teams abingdon beat didnt figure that out

[/ QUOTE ]

At least Marion, Honaker, and Richlands did.

Winning your class AA, Region 14, Section 12, Minor District 47.5, Subdivision Alpha Bravo, "state" championship isnt prestigious either. When youre the best, youre the best, no matter what anyone can say to you. I dont care if youre former high school in Rhode Island is famous winning 9 state titles or if your buddies high school from Texas has won 9 state titles, Id say theyre both great teams and have accomplished what a whole lot of other schools couldnt.