Carnival

Ryan4VT

Are you serious??? Last I had heard, Comcast had dropped the sponsorship of the Mountain Festival and Cole decided to pick it up. The Cole Mountain Festival should be on Memorial Day Week/Weekend if things go as usually planned.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Are you serious???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am. I also have some ocean front property here in Radford for sale if you are interested. :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

How much??? Shoot me a PM with a price... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

the Mountain Festival and Cole decided to pick it up. The Cole Mountain Festival should be on Memorial Day Week/Weekend if things go as usually planned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another excellent reason for me to avoid attending...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the Mountain Festival and Cole decided to pick it up. The Cole Mountain Festival should be on Memorial Day Week/Weekend if things go as usually planned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another excellent reason for me to avoid attending...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you on that G-man. All of the Coles are money stealing pieces of garbage.

Guest JJBrickface

The carnival has always sucked. I feel dirty just being there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

They were banned from coming this year, because of a new "cleanliness" ordinance put in by the City of Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definetly saw some of the rides getting off 460 two days ago...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the "carnies" that run the rides and how they look like they only bathe once a year. Perhaps I should have specified better in my joke attempt.

[ QUOTE ]

All of the Coles are money stealing pieces of garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said that not me.

I was just making a point of it being another reason not to attend...

I would say they are the usual carnival rides. Some flashy ones that dont do anything crazy (loops, corkscrews, etc.), a pirate ship inspired ride that sways back and forth and the usual kiddy rides I guess.

Most people I know go to watch the fights that are guaranteed to happen every year. If your little brother is alright to be around lots of cigarette smoke and fighting then he should enjoy himself.

I probably know the carnival better than some of the carnies do. Thats sad to say but... Im just wondering what they have up there this year. I go every year so I might go with my friend if theres anyting good for me to ride. Like that drop zone from last year.

[ QUOTE ]

i drove by it today and the big rides i saw were drop zone hammer ring of fire and cyclops...i didnt see the pirate ship however

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that the Pirate Ship caught on fire a few weeks back and they havent gotten it repaired.

They sold the chainsaw off along with the rest of the rides made by a certain company. Heard Mr. drew got the shaft when he had the Invertor. Only seen that ride once and it wasn't even being ran at the Tazewell County Fair. Best ride that Drew has is the Himalaya hands down.

Yep. He sold it for $500,000. The Inverter was the 2nd best ride, behind the chainsaw, but it only ran for 1 night at the fair when it was there. I got to ride it once.

• 2 weeks later...