Moving regionals from East River

region4fan

I have heard it from a good source if there is no SWD team in the semifinals of the region IV tournament it will be moved from East River to Roanoke College or Salem to be played on field turf. For example if it is Hidden Valley vs Cave Spring and Martinsville vs Blacksburg it will NOT be at East River.

i guarantee the concern over rising gas prices is a major contributing factor to that. i could see doing it b/c there's no point in making the fan bases of the other two districts travel further. i guess they were picked to host if this occurs b/c they were next in line for next year to host otherwise the opposite district would argue why they didnt get to host it.

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard it from a good source if there is no SWD team in the semifinals of the region IV tournament it will be moved from East River to Roanoke College or Salem to be played on field turf. For example if it is Hidden Valley vs Cave Spring and Martinsville vs Blacksburg it will NOT be at East River.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have heard the same thing but nothing is set. We just want to be playing at that stage. We will play at East River, Salem or Roanoke College. Hell, we will play in the parking lot if that is what they want.

I dont know who in the world you heard that from but the regional semis and finals will be played at east river and will not be changed and you need to stop your little rumors, the tournament is set and i do not know why you wouldnt want to play on the east river field its nicer than any around and its an actual soccer field, not a football field!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I dont know who in the world you heard that from but the regional semis and finals will be played at east river and will not be changed and you need to stop your little rumors, the tournament is set and i do not know why you wouldnt want to play on the east river field its nicer than any around and its an actual soccer field, not a football field!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually heard that "rumor" from two different ADs. Also, neither Salem's or Roanoke College's field is a football field. Maybe you should do a little research before you open your mouth. If those teams are playing in the semifinals, it makes no sense in playing at East River. Let's face it, the #3 and #4 SWD teams have no chance and neither does the #2 team. All your hopes are on Abingdon.

well just go ahead and crown their a@@ and just save everyone money and just skip over regions. Blacksburg is great but you still have to play the game. Even Blacksburg's coach will tell you that they are not looking past their own district tourney. Just lets play the game that we all love and just stop talking about what has not even happened yet. I know that Abingdon and Carroll are not looking past tomorrow night. We are going to have one heck of a game.

Salem's field is their football/soccer field that is made big enough for soccer also it is pro-turf... Roanoke College's field is pro-turf just put in 2 years ago. Turf alone cost 3 million. I played on it this year against Roanoke College and it is the nicest stadium/field I have personally played on. It is 120 by 80 yards. That is where regions and state finals should be... Not saying Radford's field is not good but I would prefer Roanoke.

well, whatever ad you heard that from is completely wrong, it is southwest districts turn to host and they will be hosting. Next year it will be someone else turn but not this year so go ahead and stop hoping because the rumor is over and the region is at east river and that is final!!!

[ QUOTE ]

well, whatever ad you heard that from is completely wrong, it is southwest districts turn to host and they will be hosting. Next year it will be someone else turn but not this year so go ahead and stop hoping because the rumor is over and the region is at east river and that is final!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

IF a SWD team is NOT in the semifinals, they WILL move the region tournament to a more "central" location for the teams involved. This wouldn't be a new thing, it has happened before in basketball.

if this was a few years ago it would simply not come up. but with constant rising gas prices this summer and the economy the way it is i can see it being a logical choice honestly. it just has to be fairly done for the next couple years that the other districts are hosting the regional to ensure things just in case somehow the piedmont or river ridge "hypothetically" didn't make a semifinal or final like the SWD is "hypothetically" not going to. i only say hypothetically b/c despite the lack of respect the other districts in the region give the SWD there is always a chance any dog will get it's day. soccer is historically the sport with the MOST "upsets" in the history of sports so you never know what may happen at the high school level.

[ QUOTE ]

if this was a few years ago it would simply not come up. but with constant rising gas prices this summer and the economy the way it is i can see it being a logical choice honestly. it just has to be fairly done for the next couple years that the other districts are hosting the regional to ensure things just in case somehow the piedmont or river ridge "hypothetically" didn't make a semifinal or final like the SWD is "hypothetically" not going to. i only say hypothetically b/c despite the lack of respect the other districts in the region give the SWD there is always a chance any dog will get it's day. soccer is historically the sport with the MOST "upsets" in the history of sports so you never know what may happen at the high school level.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right... I can see these upsets in the quarterfinals:

Tazewell over Blacksburg

Abingdon over Cave Spring

Marion over Martinsville

Bassett over Hidden Valley

Then in the semifinals:

Tazewell over Bassett

Marion over Abingdon

Tazewell over Marion

TAZEWELL WINS THE REGION IV TOURNAMENT!!!!