Sad night for the SWD

region4fan

as much as i am a fan and coplayer with some of the players from the team and all no i dont think they would. they play against the weakest...and i do mean weak competition of the MED. the teams have improved some but galax still beats them with ease by at least 2-5 goals each game. galax and carroll has been a good game the past few years with them beating carroll (which never happened before i graduated) and i have to say honestly they wouldn't be that good in the district. they couldn't handle the physical, rough play of the rest of the district b/c that's how you slow down and beat their style of quick, short pass style of game. they have never been able to improvise and handle the game being changed to a slower pace. they're good b/c they suck every team into trying to play the same addictive, fast paced style of game and very few teams can beat them at their own style b/c they'll simply just outscore you instead of make it a 1-0 game. so no galax would not be that great in the district and would easily get stomped in regionals just like all the other SWD teams have.

correct me if im wrong but i dont recall radford winning the state at all in recent years (since 1999 up to current) b/c they were beat by nandua, clarke county and others. i only remember them only making the state quarterfinals and falling short for a few years in a row, even with the great players they had like whit, henry reed, and company. i will admit they did beat us fair and square a few times so dont pull that card out but im just stating the facts that they definitely didn't get tired of "winning the state title with one loss" to graham and such b/c that would require them to have won it after your team beat them.

slow down their CCsoccerLeGeNd we may have not beat galax for a while but they did not have the team they do now when you played. Also besides a few bad games all the others were ties or a one goal game and another thing did your tie Grayson County.

i remember hearing that quote a while back...but i think that was the reason for them dropping Graham the first time back when the DeGray brothers were in their primes...we picked them back up my 7th grade year and then they dropped us after my 8th grade year...the reason for the most recent time they dropped us was because of a semi fight that started in the varsity game my 8th grade year...Nathan Taylor got taken out from behind got up and punched the guy straight in the face...so that was the most recent drop from the schedule...sorry for the confusion

I never said that we were up to par with some of the other AA schools. We are closing the gap a little each year. The problem is that the gap between us and the elite AA schools is wide open but it is closing some.

[ QUOTE ]

the last time they played...Radford dropped Graham because they were tired of winning the state with one loss...that one loss being to Graham

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they have only won 1 state title, that does not make sense. Second, they dropped Graham and played Blacksburg. I would say that is a HUGE step up.

[ QUOTE ]

And I said "most of the single A" schools. Just stating the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter what you said, you're still wrong. If the SWD teams played Single A, they would probably be fighting each other for State Titles in a few years. Quit trying to do everything you can to bash the SWD.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

And I said "most of the single A" schools. Just stating the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter what you said, you're still wrong. If the SWD teams played Single A, they would probably be fighting each other for State Titles in a few years. Quit trying to do everything you can to bash the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

SWD teams...competitive at the Class A level...yes...battling each other for State Titles...probably not...