BEAVERTAIL

Sources

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

sure, I'll give you a little reason why...

Barack Obama wants to give undergraduate students $4000.00 to pay for tuition.

So insted of having to take out thousands of dollars in loans and then pay that back plus intrest, he's helping us people whos parents don't pay for their college...

[/ QUOTE ]

In return, all colleges and universities will raise tuition by $5000...

You all want to know the REAL reason the US dollar has been devalued???

Increase in minimum wage...and things will get worse over the next two years with the next two increases...

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about those of us who aren't out of school yet and maintaining a low pay job. Those increases in minimum have really helped me out. With the raising gas prices, the prices of things at stores are also increasing. What are they supposed to do, not raise it and force people to live on the streets because they can't pay their rent and get groceries?

I understand your argument, but these two raises have been needed. I think we need to start using the martyr system again. It would really help out with the debt thing. We could trade a few countries some nukes for some oil...sounds good to me. (not really)

Guest JJBrickface

It will help you out in the short term. However, it gonna take its toll on small business and you will start seeing hours cut down or jobs cut.

Yea, I work for Bellacinos, which may not seem like a big thing around here, but it is a huge corporation. I am a big fan of the little man and I will hate to see the day when the little man and his business are no longer needed. I try my best to shop and eat at little mom and pop stores, but I think we are gonna need more people than me.

But it is the things that help in the short term that wins elections in this country. Some people think in the future, but not enough to make that difference we need.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So insted of having to take out thousands of dollars in loans and then pay that back plus intrest, he's helping us people whos parents don't pay for their college...

[/ QUOTE ]

In return, all colleges and universities will raise tuition by $5000...

You all want to know the REAL reason the US dollar has been devalued???

Increase in minimum wage...and things will get worse over the next two years with the next two increases...

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about those of us who aren't out of school yet and maintaining a low pay job. Those increases in minimum have really helped me out. With the raising gas prices, the prices of things at stores are also increasing. What are they supposed to do, not raise it and force people to live on the streets because they can't pay their rent and get groceries?

I understand your argument, but these two raises have been needed. I think we need to start using the martyr system again. It would really help out with the debt thing. We could trade a few countries some nukes for some oil...sounds good to me. (not really)

[/ QUOTE ]

Prices would not have increased had employers not had to raise them to pay for the increase in minimum wage. When minimum wage goes up, so does the cost for everything else.

In return, those who make more than minimum wage are really the ones who suffer the most because they don't get an increase in pay yet they still have to pay for the increase in their expenses.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, I work for Bellacinos, which may not seem like a big thing around here, but it is a huge corporation. I am a big fan of the little man and I will hate to see the day when the little man and his business are no longer needed. I try my best to shop and eat at little mom and pop stores, but I think we are gonna need more people than me.

But it is the things that help in the short term that wins elections in this country. Some people think in the future, but not enough to make that difference we need.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good that you do that. I have a job that requires me to travel to convenient stores. In some areas I am forced to buy a drink or eat lunch at a little gas station with a deli because its in a rural area. And I tell you what, they make some pretty good food.

[ QUOTE ]

I have some bad news for you - Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the United States, and not a single one of your biased, amusing threads will change that. Have a great day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume since you are such a supporter of his you will be going to bristol to see him.

Congress has voted themselves a raise NINE TIMES since the last minimum wage increase!! It's long overdue. Rich are getting richer...poor are getting richer in this country...and the middle class is financing it all.

[ QUOTE ]

Congress has voted themselves a raise NINE TIMES since the last minimum wage increase!! It's long overdue. Rich are getting richer...poor are getting richer in this country...and the middle class is financing it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minimum wage increased last July, will again this July, and one more time next July...

[ QUOTE ]

I have some bad news for you - Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the United States, and not a single one of your biased, amusing threads will change that. Have a great day.

[/ QUOTE ] If you're in politics, you had better be prepared to withstand the jokes, criticism, and heat from the competition. I happen to think Obama is a very good speaker, but his lack of experience scares me. I can't stand the Clintons, and McCain doesn't excite me either...I am still deciding who I will vote for, but I really will be chosing from the lesser of two evils IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here is a little secret... 4000 dollars IS NOTHING... Anywhere else in the country that is MAYBE a FOURTH of how much college costs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is another little secret. Any money I can get works for me... thats 4,000 less dollars i'd have to pay..