19 seniors

13 juniors

bassett bengals last year 11-1

points scored 422

points given up 143

22 seniors

24 juniors

6 sophomores

Bassett should be the team to beat in 08 but I don't think they will be quite as strong this year. The Bengals lose their entire backfield and a lot of beef is gone from the lines. Magna Vista has no where to go but up and with their new coach they should be much improved. Martinsville lost a lot of seniors and will probably be playing quite a few sophmores this year. The Bulldogs added McMichael High School to their schedule and will continued to play tough opponents like #1 ranked Gretna. It might be a long season for the Dogs. Tunstall and Patrick Co. should be improved.

martinsville will be fine. they'll have quite the 1-2 punch in the backfield with rising sophomore marquill eggleston and rising junior javon tarpley (who missed last year due to injury). i've heard that the number of guys in the preseason strength and conditioning sessions is way way up.

[ QUOTE ]

martinsville will be fine. they'll have quite the 1-2 punch in the backfield with rising sophomore marquill eggleston and rising junior javon tarpley (who missed last year due to injury). i've heard that the number of guys in the preseason strength and conditioning sessions is way way up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I expect Martinsville to give Bassett a run for the PD title. The other three teams have a long way to go...

It's good to hear that Martinsville has a lot of kids turning out in the weight room. I feel like Matt Foutz will energize the program again. Taylor Edwards was a good coach but I think he got burnout after 20 some years of coaching.

I agree Magna Vista has no where to go but up,but a new coach is not going to make a difference this year or probably the next few years. The talent level fell way off after the 06 season and unless a whole lot of good talented kids transfer to MV this year they will be lucky to reach last years point total of 43!! And talk about a tough schedule with little talent check out the Warriors schedule, Heritage,Liberty(Bedford),Wm. Campbell,Gretna,Wm. Fleming,and finally Reidsville,NC all before the district games start.So just like last year there will be alot of games played with a continuously running clock this year in Ridgeway(9 out of 10 last year)

I heard that MV's future warriors at Laurel Park went undefeated in football last year. If that's true then many of those kids will be incoming freshman at Magna Vista this year which means the Warriors talent level might be about to rise.