Gas Prices.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

George W Bush opened up drilling in offshore locations on July 14th, days after we saw the prices of oil dropping the fastest in fourteen years.

Today, gas is below 120 for the first time and many believe good ol' George is the reeason, One is Barack Obama with his recent flip flop on drilling.

If you havent already heard, Obama is a politician and will "change" in order to win a election.

But that is just a side note on the fact that Gas Prices are plummeting (i found it for almost 3.50 last week) and as of now the DOW is up 230 points...

[ QUOTE ]

George W Bush opened up drilling in offshore locations on July 14th, days after we saw the prices of oil dropping the fastest in fourteen years.

Today, gas is below 120 for the first time and many believe good ol' George is the reeason, One is Barack Obama with his recent flip flop on drilling.

If you havent already heard, Obama is a politician and will "change" in order to win a election.

But that is just a side note on the fact that Gas Prices are plummeting (i found it for almost 3.50 last week) and as of now the DOW is up 230 points...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is ludicrous... You must work for John McCain...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

What about the latest surge???

Obama was a strongly against it... And it worked better than ever imagined...

Bush 2, Obama 0.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

LOUD NOISES...

Dont worry, ill cool off this weekend lol

Bush is a joke and the worst president since Jimmy Carter...there is nothing he can do to change what history will write about him...he'll always be known as the worst president we ever had.

I think he did "ok" the first term for the most part...but he's run it in the ground the second time around.

Don't even try to give him credit for the gas prices other than being part of the problem they are so high in the first place...$3.50 a gallon doesn't impress me at all...that's still crazy...get it back to where it was when Clinton was in office...$1 a gallon or so...then I'll be impressed...but..those days are long gone...you'll never see that again no matter who the president is.

I see they don't teach basic economics anymore. Prices drop as demand for the product drops. Since Americans are driving less, that has probably had the impact on fuel prices that is being credited to the rhetoric of one man.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Bush is a joke and the worst president since Jimmy Carter...there is nothing he can do to change what history will write about him...he'll always be known as the worst president we ever had.

I think he did "ok" the first term for the most part...but he's run it in the ground the second time around.

Don't even try to give him credit for the gas prices other than being part of the problem they are so high in the first place...$3.50 a gallon doesn't impress me at all...that's still crazy...get it back to where it was when Clinton was in office...$1 a gallon or so...then I'll be impressed...but..those days are long gone...you'll never see that again no matter who the president is.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, Bush never had a chance. When the majority of people in the country did not want you in office, and were pissed after a bitter election process, well you may be screwed.

Im not saying he was the best, but I think he has done better than most would do in his position. People dont realize that the US has been in plenty of ecomonic problems, even during the 80's. many people just think we were due.

People can change the history books, take ol' Abe Lincoln. He had a civil war and released the slaves and was killed for it... yet he is considered one of the greatest presidents ever, but historians argue he wasnt while he was living.

but moving on to $1 gas...

Yeah you will, once all oil is regulated by the Unted States manufactured by off shore drilling and we no longer have to buy oil overseas from Iraq and the Saudis. Will gas get to a dollar, no. But will it continue to decrease, of course.

McCain wants to use all oil in the US until we have found alternative resources such as wind or nuclear.

Obama voted against wind.

Obama voted against nuclear.

Obama voted against drilling in ANWR.

Obama voted against drilling offshore.

Obama wants you to use tire gauges to increase gas milage.

He wants to continue with high gas prices it seems like to me, sending all our money overseas.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I see they don't teach basic economics anymore. Prices drop as demand for the product drops. Since Americans are driving less, that has probably had the impact on fuel prices that is being credited to the rhetoric of one man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sorry, but they do teach Economics, and in my microeconomics class I had the pleasure of having one of the best professors in the country at Concord. The last part of the sylabus was World events, and we talked about rising gas prices back in May. He said Supply controls the market more than demand ever could. He said that Congress, not Bush actually, would have to show that they were goign to increase the supply fpr prices to go down. Also, the market is based on speculation, so even a bluff for drilling in the US would bring gas prices down. The people in the Middle East know the US is going to have more oil. The supply is increasing.

You want to know why prices are decreasing? Its because the middle east knows they might only have 15 years before the US buys all oil from inside the US. Supply is increasing.

BTW, almost EVERY oil company had their highest profit EVER last quarter. If they wanted to, they could keep the prices up...

And I have yet to see a statistic that proves people are driving less. And even so, people have been driving less far more sooner than July 14th. The Bush Statement started tthe downward trend perfectly, and in this world there are no such things as coincidences.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, Bush never had a chance. When the majority of people in the country did not want you in office, and were pissed after a bitter election process, well you may be screwed.

Im not saying he was the best, but I think he has done better than most would do in his position. People dont realize that the US has been in plenty of ecomonic problems, even during the 80's. many people just think we were due.

People can change the history books, take ol' Abe Lincoln. He had a civil war and released the slaves and was killed for it... yet he is considered one of the greatest presidents ever, but historians argue he wasnt while he was living.

but moving on to $1 gas...

Yeah you will, once all oil is regulated by the Unted States manufactured by off shore drilling and we no longer have to buy oil overseas from Iraq and the Saudis. Will gas get to a dollar, no. But will it continue to decrease, of course.

McCain wants to use all oil in the US until we have found alternative resources such as wind or nuclear.

Obama voted against wind.

Obama voted against nuclear.

Obama voted against drilling in ANWR.

Obama voted against drilling offshore.

Obama wants you to use tire gauges to increase gas milage.

He wants to continue with high gas prices it seems like to me, sending all our money overseas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oil is a Global market...you need to understand that...the oil we drill, no matter where we drill it...will be sold on a global market, not just to Americans....if you want oil just for Americans then you'll have to drill your own in your back yard and refine it yourself...otherwise you are going to get oild that's from the global market...and gas for that matter.

Another thing...why does Iraq now have an $80 Billion surplus and Americans are still paying for reconstruction and the Iraqi war? We need not only the Iraqi people to pay their own way now, but to be paid BACK for costs of this war...in time Bush and his administration will be brought to justice over what they've done...once they leave office the truth will start to trickle out...just wait and see.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Things are already coming out and they are being discredited left and right. All they are is someone trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. Im not saying they were the greatest, but you can not say they are the worst. And if you are referring to the War on Iraq, I know Lance that you dont agree with it, but the stats over there and the fact of security in this country has been increased does show good has been done.

As for Gas on a global market, the US will become almost self suffient as we go along as Iran and Pakistan as well as maybe Venezuela become stronger in force and move to having greater militaries as well as the capabilities of producing WMD...

Once the Olympics are over, China's demand for oil will drop drastically...so will world oil prices. We are beginning to feel that effect now...and its a nice feeling...

[ QUOTE ]

Once the Olympics are over, China's demand for oil will drop drastically...so will world oil prices. We are beginning to feel that effect now...and its a nice feeling...

[/ QUOTE ]

China is selling an estimated 25K new cars a day right now! Not to mention the new coal fired plants that are starting up every month. Surely that's not all going to transport people to and fro for the games that lasts about two weeks.

Oil is on decline right now as global demand is dropping (a lot of it in this country) Once the prices drop some over the next few months, you will see oil going back up before the year's end. Don't look for barrels of oil to fall below $95 before it goes back up

all I'm saying is that the American People should not be made to foot the bill for the Iraqi's anymore...and we should be paid back for what we've spent...you do that and it helps out a lot with the position people have on the war I think.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Well I do agree that some. the majority, of the money in Iraq's surplus should go to the costs, but it will be hard to force them to do that. Even if they do not want to pay us back any money, all future costs should be paid for by them...

The problem has existed for 30 years, it's finally caught up to the inept government that we have. It's not a democratic problem or a republican problem, it's directly due to the inaction of our fat-arse politicians who are too worried about their 6 months off each year and free health care, while they vote themselves another raise...

They are out of touch with America...and it's not going to change until all of their perks are taken away. The vast majority of these politicians could care less about what happens to the average American. They'll continue to be cheuffered around for free and not worry about it.

We need to get away from financing terrorists by buying their oil and increase the supply here, while at the same time, explore any and all alternatives out there. Every developed country in the world can do it, why can't the greatest country in the world?

[ QUOTE ]

We need to get away from financing terrorists by buying their oil and increase the supply here, while at the same time, explore any and all alternatives out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again...the oil market is global...if we drill out more oil, it will be sold on the world market...not just to americans...there will be no drill here-buy here type of thing where we just buy american oil.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We need to get away from financing terrorists by buying their oil and increase the supply here, while at the same time, explore any and all alternatives out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

once again...the oil market is global...if we drill out more oil, it will be sold on the world market...not just to americans...there will be no drill here-buy here type of thing where we just buy american oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if what you say is true, gas prices will still drop significantly.

Guest JJBrickface

Also, you have to love how Obama has voted against every good energy bill but now he has changed his opinion. Weaksauce Obama!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if what you say is true, gas prices will still drop significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

no...then OPEC just reduces the amount they produce and make more money on less oil produced.