hurley@ervinton

romeo37

[ QUOTE ]

I heard they had like 13 come out, don't know if that number has gone up or down. If Ervinton had to consolidate, who would it be with? Clintwood?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd prob. spilt'em between Clintwood & Haysi, but some would end up elsewhere : Coeburn, St. Paul or Castlewood would be closer for some.

[ QUOTE ]

ervinton wouldnt consolidate simply shut down with some kids going to clintwood and some to haysi and some would sureley go to st paul and coeburn

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what I meant. Who would they consolidate with I guess would be more accurate.

So they would have to go to a bunch of different places, does this seem like a likely possibility in the future? Or is the low football team numbers not indicative of a declining enrollment and just a bad football year?

Ervinton has the same number of students they had two years ago when they won the district. Actually, they have more. They had 158 in 2006, now they have around 180. They are not closing down. They just don't have much interest right now. But in 2005, the team went 4-6 and they had only 16 players. It is par for the course for them.