VA High wins season opener

Lance

VA High wins 19-17

full story on the front page of the site with the link....sounds like it was a good game to watch.

BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. – Anthony Jones was a difference-maker Thursday for Virginia High in its opener against Sullivan Central.

Jones scored three touchdowns, including one on a 90-yard kickoff return with three minutes remaining, to lift the Bearcats to a 19-17 win against Sullivan Central.

2 games...

YOU COULD BE RIGHT!

Sullivan Central and John Battle.

They could beat Honaker but Honker will run the spread offense and Central ran all over them with the spread. Honaker has a QB with a GREAT arm and will throw it everywhere.

I honestly see that as all they win 3 games and that is a maybe against Honaker.

I hope you are right and Terry Smith is gone. He won the Highlands because it was a very weak district those years. He could not win in the old SWD. He is bad for VHS football and track. Coach Lark was the reason for a winning track program. May be with the new principal they can get a coach that will bring some respect back to VHS football and they can keep assistant coaches. A coach with morals and ethics would be a nice change. Put Coach Locke or Coach Jones at Head Coach and bring back Coach Baker on Defense.

Edited by Boo77

Mike Compton next coach at Virginia High. The principal and him know each other well. You heard it here first.

By the way, who was the kid Terry played in a scrimmage this year, who did not even attend Va. High? Not even enrolled, told him not to tell anyone.

Bye-Bye Terry!

Mike Compton next coach at Virginia High. The principal and him know each other well. You heard it here first.

By the way, who was the kid Terry played in a scrimmage this year, who did not even attend Va. High? Not even enrolled, told him not to tell anyone.

Bye-Bye Terry!

Next coach at Virginia High? He hasn't even kissed the bride at patrick henry yet. Let's let him coach a couple of games before he switches jobs. A few years back they were going to get Coach Carlock from Graham, since Barry Reed and the principal both had Graham ties. But it never happened. If I was looking for a coach right now, I'd look at Mance's staff at Richlands. They have the athletes, they just need someone who has been around winning and knows what to do. That is nothing against Compton, but he doesn't have the experience (two years at Tazewell, and they were bad both years) than anyone on Mance's staff does.

Dude which scrimmage. Elizabethton or North Greene? You are not the first to mention Compton as next head coach. That rumor has been flying since Martin landed at VHS. Terry Smith is the used car salesman your daddy warned you about. Nice as can be until you turn your back. Then you can see the real Terry

Guest redneckman

Will Coach Compton take his assistants from PH with him to V-HIGH.

We have some very good coaches in our system as teachers, but none will coach because of head coach. I think any one would be better than what we have. I am not a fan of Coach Smith and make no bones about it. Terry also knows how I feel. Our better athletes are walking the halls instead of playing for him. Two of our best QB refuse to play some of the DB will not play. All of these kids play other sports so it is not like they are lazy. The comment has even been made in the community that our better kids will not play. Some kids do not have fathers or thier dads are not around and they look to coaches and teachers as role models. Terry is neither. I know that if it had not been for a coach I might have been somewhere different and doing things I shouldn't. I love to win but you can also teach a lot of life lessons through sports. I will get off my soap box now I know most of you come on here to just rag on other programs. I wish all the young men playing highschool football the very best. Enjoy it! It will be over far to quickly for some and other will achieve the dream of playing at the next level. I had the chance to play one season of college ball before injury put me out of sports all together. Play hard and enjoy every minute.

I hope you are right and Terry Smith is gone. He won the Highlands because it was a very weak district those years. He could not win in the old SWD. He is bad for VHS football and track. Coach Lark was the reason for a winning track program. May be with the new principal they can get a coach that will bring some respect back to VHS football and they can keep assistant coaches. A coach with morals and ethics would be a nice change. Put Coach Locke or Coach Jones at Head Coach and bring back Coach Baker on Defense.

Didn't Coach Lark resign or leave VHS. If so they lost a Track Coach and their Defensive Coordinator.

I hear that Smith is now calling the Defense and it's just as inconsistant as the offense was when Smith called it

Lark was the Head Boys and Girls Indoor & Outdoor Track coach at (AA)Jefferson Forest and (AAA)Massponax before coming to VHS. He had relay teams at JF that were ranked Nationally. He also worked with JF's, RB/DB/WR and LB's.

Lark's BIO was on the VHS football web site.

Actually 3 coaches left VHS. Belcher left for a job at VI and another left for family reasons. I heard that VHS only had 3 coaches during 2 A-days!

"VHS run their best coaches off"...I've heard this before.

Edited by FIGHTN_HOKIE