Falcons are Back

tigerman

this shall be my new signature for a while...lmao.

also...Abingdon has a good team, but you guys need to beat a few people before you earn some respect...beating JSB 48-7 isn't going to get you any.

It's funny to see the whine & cheese crowd getting all worked up though.

Don't you love the "whine and cheese" comments. Come on guys, GROW UP. It wasn't funny 3 years ago, 2 years ago, last year, or even this year. That line has been worn out. What's the deal with it anyway. Because it is a nice, quaint little town?? Get over yourselves.

Now I would never be brazen enough to make the comment as one of our folks did saying we are going to win the SWD in 08. Sorry, I just would not be that bold. I don't think because we won last week that we are going to have a stellar season, I do think that we have some players, and like I have said numerous times with lots of potential that are young and have stepped up. With that being said, BE SAFE ALL AND GOD BLESS!

(For the haters out there, go pick on another team now. We have had enough, I give up. Call me a wuss or whatever. I don't come on here to try to defend my hometown or my school everytime, I come on here to post PRODUCTIVE and RESPECTFUL comments, or to create a POLL to get people involved,......if you haven't posted/voted yet on the poll I created, please check it out.) It is the poll....SWVA teams be competetive against DB....

Edited by falconfansrock
added last paragraph

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you love the "whine and cheese" comments. Come on guys, GROW UP. It wasn't funny 3 years ago, 2 years ago, last year, or even this year. That line has been worn out. What's the deal with it anyway. Because it is a nice, quaint little town?? Get over yourselves.

Sorry dude, it's still a little bit funny for the rest of us. Understandably not for you. Abingdon is a great place, if it wasn't for the "whine and cheese" comments, we'd probably not have any comments at all.

It's good to see that not everyone in Abingdon posts their SWD fantasies on here. Way to keep it real, bro.

Sorry dude, it's still a little bit funny for the rest of us. Understandably not for you. Abingdon is a great place, if it wasn't for the "whine and cheese" comments, we'd probably not have any comments at all.

It's good to see that not everyone in Abingdon posts their SWD fantasies on here. Way to keep it real, bro.

Deuces, I guess your right bro. It's just gets frustrating sometimes, if you know what I mean. Maybe next week another team will give em something else to talk about. :-) Only time will tell, but then again, we may get it handed to us and Abingdon will be the laughing stock/headlines. (I hope not!)

The PH Rebels are gonna come to our home and beat the piss out of us they are a bad a** football team. They got Ronnie Groves, Johnny Thompson, They got nick groves who will kill somebody by the end of the year, The got that robert kid that noone can tackle. Caleb frye that can kick touchbacks evertime he wants to. There line is like over 1,000 pounds. all i got to say abingdon better be ready for a ass whoppin. Congrats on beating john battle i know a pee wee team that can beat john battle ;)

Edited by #1falconfan

The PH Rebels are gonna come to our home and beat the piss out of us they are a bad a** football team. They got Ronnie Groves, Johnny Thompson, They got nick groves who will kill somebody by the end of the year, The got that robert kid that noone can tackle. Caleb frye that can kick touchbacks evertime he wants to. There line is like over 1,000 pounds. all i got to say abingdon better be ready for a ass whoppin. Congrats on beating john battle i know a pee wee team that can beat john battle ;)

Wow you really do sound like the Falcons #1 Fan AND a complete idiot.

PH is about as good this year as they were last year, except A LOT WORSE.

Groves, Gonzo, Thompson...good players. That's 3/11 of what they need right now. I would convert that to percents but I'm not sure it really even matters that much.

Nick Groves weighs a whopping 135lbs. He may indeed kill a mound of worker ants in one giant step, but not much more than that.

HOWEVER, if you were being sarcastic and I didn't pick up on it, I highly commend it because that was the greatest bunch of malarky and outlandish thinking I've heard from anyone in a long while.

Edited by deuceswild

I live in Abingdon...it's a nice place...half of Grundy lives here now lol...I still think it's mostly just a mix of hard working farmers, old people, Grundy converts, and some hippies/emo kids...but the kids here - the younger generation - are either pretty grounded or really spoiled little brats...and for the most part they seem to be brats...I think the whine & cheese thing is just a reference towards the political scene that spills over in to the football program...or has always in the past anyway.

What planet are you from? You're definitely not from the falcon nation. I like your enthusiam though. Its ok, our guys are ready and focused. Go Falcons!

I live in Abingdon...it's a nice place...half of Grundy lives here now lol...I still think it's mostly just a mix of hard working farmers, old people, Grundy converts, and some hippies/emo kids...but the kids here - the younger generation - are either pretty grounded or really spoiled little brats...and for the most part they seem to be brats...I think the whine & cheese thing is just a reference towards the political scene that spills over in to the football program...or has always in the past anyway.

Well brother Lance, I lived there for 18 years (before moving to TN), played all of my sports there. I know of the politics that surrounds the area. It does not seem to be as prevalent as it once was. You are correct, back in the day, it was EXTREMELY political. I came up in a middle class family. My dad always worked hard and we did not get involved in the politics. I am sure there is still some that going on, but it doesn't seem as bad as it used to be. And as with any smaller town or city, you are ALWAYS going to have it. Some places are worse than others. I have a sister that goes to Abingdon still. But she is a good girl that plays sports and earns what she gets. Appreciate the post Lance. Be safe out there.

EW

Edited by falconfansrock

It is obvious this a PH player. First of all the reference "come to our home..." who says that. The fact that he starts singling out a few players from PH.....seems like we are getting closer to a culprit. Then the fact that he congratulates Abingdon for beating JSB and referencing the peewee team....obvious PH player.

Another classic clue is the... well nevermind, it is obivous. Enough said. :-)

Execution, Execution, and Execution. That is what I was talking about. They executed their plays well, and found holes to run through.

THAT IS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. EVERYONE KNOWS WHO ABINGDON PLAYED, THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING IN A CONSTRUCTIVE MANNER. WE ALL KNOW WHERE YOU GUYS ARE GOING WITH THAT. ENOUGH SAID!

No offense to Abingdon......but if WE ALL know who you guys beat then why the celebration???

I'm not saying you can't win the district but you guys are similar to Hokie fans when they beat William & Mary 38-6 and then proclaim themselves National Champs....haha

john battle??aren't they the small school that lost kids to other area schools?Abingdon,aren't they the school that has big numbers?Sorry,but when you beat somebody like gate city ,richlands, heck even ph..i'll buy into some of what you are sayin..battle,those guys gotta lot of work..By the way,alot of HURRICANES lately!!!

john battle??aren't they the small school that lost kids to other area schools?Abingdon,aren't they the school that has big numbers?Sorry,but when you beat somebody like gate city ,richlands, heck even ph..i'll buy into some of what you are sayin..battle,those guys gotta lot of work..By the way,alot of HURRICANES lately!!!

JSB is not a small school by far, just a big school with a short football resume.

i agree but abingdon is a double a school any double a school should be able to beat a single a school i all i got to say abingdon be ready 4 tonight. when ph played puond ronniegroves didnt play offense till the 3rd quarter robert played the first drive then got tooken out for a while and when pund scored our defense was filled with second and 3rd team players

Edited by Jeremy_25

i agree but abingdon is a double a school any double a school should be able to beat a single a school i all i got to say abingdon be ready 4 tonight.

Not they shouldlnt, but any AA school should be able to beat John S. Battle High School.