Another Katrina?

VivaFutbol

And with the track, very likely to become a major hurricane.... Its still way too early to say much and the projections could change. That track will probably push gas prices up too of course....

Current NHC official track:

203214W_sm.gif

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Computer model projections..

at200807_model.gif

Edited by Beamerball

I hope and pray that it weakens before it gets to US land. I think locally we are already feeling the effects from what the oil companies are expecting. Gas, here where I live, increased yesterday afternoon to this morning 18 cents on the gallon.

I would imagine that Gustav has something to do with the gas prices, but don't forget, we have a three day holiday weekend coming up. Gas prices always go up on long weekends due to expected demand.

Models still taking Gustav right into Louisiana. Some of them showing it as a strong Cat. 5 hurricane coming right into N.O.

Hanna earlier looked it would get caught up in a trough coming off the east coast later and shoot off to the east but they're starting think it will get pushed to the west and south as the upper-low near it slides to the south and weakens, threatening Florida, the Keys, Bahamas, etc. Scary thing for the Gulf coast folks is one of the models has it eventually threatening the same places Gustav may affect.

• 2 weeks later...