What an opening weekend for the Big East and ACC

bhs7695

Between the two BCS power conferences they managed only one win against a Division 1A team

Wake Forest over Baylor was it.

power conferences????? are you crazy??????? i really hope you were being sarcastic because they showed a stat and in the past 2 or 3 years the ACC has ONE bowl win!!

power conferences????? are you crazy??????? i really hope you were being sarcastic because they showed a stat and in the past 2 or 3 years the ACC has ONE bowl win!!

I was being sarcastic.

The ACC in 2005 had five bowl wins. In 2006 it was four bowl wins. In 2007, it was just one win.

Not a great winning percentage over three years, but better then one total.

In the end, it's like the two fattest kids in class arguing over which can run the quickest. The other conferences are currently light-years ahead of either the ACC or Big East.

I think the Big East is a little behind the ACC.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

This may spark a debate, but I believe that the ACC has the potential to be one of the powerhouses soon, unlike the big east, and of course ill tell you how i got there.

The ACC.

Virginia Tech. Stock level. Of course this is a down year for them, but with inexperience everywhere they are not expected of that much. The potential is still there to be a top 15-25 team every year with years in the BCS hunt. last 2 recruiting classes in top 20.

Miami - On the Rise. New coach with class. Got rid of a lot of players that were doing wrong. In the hotbed of recruiting talent with a knack for producing NFL stars at Miami, honestly how long can this team stay down. (look out UF). Top recruiting classes every year.

FSU - Nuetral. well in all honesty, its gonna take a retirement to get them on the right track. But once again, in the recruiting hotbed with tons of tradition, should have the players under Jimbo.

UNC - Moving up. Despite a non stellar performance this weekend, UNC will be a force to reckoned with soon. They have a recruiting class ranked at 30 for 2008, which was in front of WVU btw. Also they ranked 14th in 2007, also ahead of WVU. add in Butch Davis and a new multi million dollar facility, well we may have something here folks.

Clemson. Stock down. What can i say about them? tons of talent, IMO poor coaching. I see a new coach coming soon, and then that program may go either way but it is too early to tell. Right now Clemson's stock is moving down.

Wake Forest - Stock flying high. Jim Grobe has this team moving in the right direction as well, and even with a dismal year this year which could happen, he is the first coach in over 50 years to have a current winning record as their head coach. Last one was DC walker who retired in 1950. BCS birth is a plus as well.

UVA - Stock down. Losing recruits in VA left and right, players becoming inelegible. Coaches are not up to par. Program needs new leadership.

NC state - Undecided. Inexperienced team this year, but does have talent. Top 30 recruiting class in 2008 and top 50 in 2007 leave them with a question mark beside their name.

GT - On the rise. Paul Johnson. Tie him in with 2 top 20 recruiting classes in the last 2 years and after growing pains we may see a beast with GT.

Duke - Rising? well, it is duke so can they really go down? But after a win to JMU last week, and a 2009 recruiting class (I do not put into effect how much 2009 recruits matter, it is too early to tell before signing day but Duke was interesting in this case) that appears to be currently in the top 20 in the nation... hmm i have to put these guys on the SLIGHT rise.

Boston College - Down. No matt ryan, no stellar recruiting classes, no great HC. This team goes down from last years season, but still stays a top 40 team for years to come.

Maryland - Riding the fence. Neither up nor down for this team, top 40 recruiting classes the last years but no real improvement from what they have been doing.

--------------------------------------------

Big East

Rutgers - Down in a burning Ring of Scarlet red. Had a great season with Ray Rice and Teel, but what now? After a season opening loss, Schiano is scrambling and his sub par 45+ recruiting classes are hurting him.

Pitt - Still marching upward. Even though a loss hit them hard in week 1, their recruiting is still one of the best in the nations. Wvu cant be happy to see this, but they can be glad to see Dave wandstedt on the sidelines with his questionable coaching. Pitt is still rising though in my book.

Louisville - Down. New QB supposed to be better than Brohm? ha. New coaching also lacks Petrinos capabilities sending these birds into a nose dive...

Uconn - Wavering. They definitely had a decent team last year, but with recruiting classes of #65 and #71 im just not sure. I really want to say down but ill waitand play it safe with wavering.

USF - Up. Even though recruiting classes are somewhat down, they still have an excellent coach with the ability to get great athletes and turn them in to players. Must strive for consistency later however.

Syracuse - Falling towards rock bottom. Bad season past, and bad recruiting leads to more bad seasons. Needs complete overhaul.

Cincinatti - On the Decline. Good season last year, horrible recruiting. Coaching lacks, as well. Team has ranked 68 and 89 classes over past 2 years. Duke on average was ranked higher.

WVU - Even keel. How much farther can WVU go up? Ill keep them at a top 10 team, please do not kill me, after recruiting classes the past 2 years of around 25-30, i cant see them jumping into the top 5. Stewart isnt the coah RR was in my opinion either. Could have went down, but no need to anger WVU fans just yet! lol

In conclusion, the ACC just seems to have more teams on the rise right now. Will it last this way forever, probably not. It usually goes in cycles, and both right now are down. I honestly think in a couple of years, the ACC could be the #2 conference with VT, Miami, FSU, UNC, and WF all contending. Throw in a longshot with Clemson and GT, and we have ourselves a football conference... finally. lol.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

I think the Big East is a little behind the ACC.

lol...... go look up the most recent bowl records especially the BCS....I think the ACC is like 1-9 in their last ten. WVU alone has won 2 in 3 years. Don't be surprised when ECU and or Navy is added to the Big East. The ACC has been downhill ever since they tried to be like the SEC. Face it, there is only one SEC. It's the best conference out there. The Big XII is looking good as usual, but sometimes seemingly overrated. It's like the SEC is light years ahead of everyone. The ACC wishes the Floridian brothers would return to form and everyone compete, but it's not happened for some time. Maybe it's Karma. LOl

lol...... go look up the most recent bowl records especially the BCS....I think the ACC is like 1-9 in their last ten. WVU alone has won 2 in 3 years. Don't be surprised when ECU and or Navy is added to the Big East. The ACC has been downhill ever since they tried to be like the SEC. Face it, there is only one SEC. It's the best conference out there. The Big XII is looking good as usual, but sometimes seemingly overrated. It's like the SEC is light years ahead of everyone. The ACC wishes the Floridian brothers would return to form and everyone compete, but it's not happened for some time. Maybe it's Karma. LOl

Oh fieldgeneral. You never cease to amaze me with you're completely ignorant comments. Did you see the point BeaverTail was trying to get across? Go back and check the original post. He is making predictions for the future of the ACC and Big East depending on recruiting, coaching, etc. Your comments had nothing to do with the post given or the thread started. How much longer until you're banned again, anyway?

WVU would win the ACC without a problem this season, and I HATE WVU.

I wouldn't go that far. ACC teams don't have very good offenses, but a lot of those schools play better defense then the Big East schools.

Oh fieldgeneral. You never cease to amaze me with you're completely ignorant comments. Did you see the point BeaverTail was trying to get across? Go back and check the original post. He is making predictions for the future of the ACC and Big East depending on recruiting, coaching, etc. Your comments had nothing to do with the post given or the thread started. How much longer until you're banned again, anyway?

Well well, maybe they should ban you for talking out the wrong end again. Complain about my post all you want, but you just saw my name and had to say something genius. If you pay close attention to my post / reply it is in reference to the reply made by viva football. He said that the Big East was behind the ACC. Come on now, can we honestly say that? Next time you want to refer to me as ignorant, check your own words.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Well like i said earlier, except for the Duke case, I didnt look to much into 2009 recruiting. I felt it was unfair considering it wasnt national signing day yet and recruits are backing out of verbals more and more frequently.

Once again you show your ignorance! My post was in reply to vivafootball. Go completely read things before acting like you know everything! My response was directly related to what he said.

both conferences suck and we should have a contest too see who is worse...middle tenn going to beat Maryland....Temple shoulda beat uconn....pitt is pitt....wvu + uncle stew=loss

I said it in another thread, I think: like two fat kids arguing which one's fastest. All the while the SEC, Pac-10, and Big XII blew right by us.