will the graham game be webcast today?

futbolking

Ouch! Thanks for the update. I take it Blacksburg has a pretty good team, or is Graham playing sloppy football?

Blacksburg has a nice QB that has killed them all night.....

Blacksburg 35 Graham 10

28 unanswered points by the Indians

Graham apparently has no defense....

Each team they've played has moved the ball almost at will on their defense.

Blacksburg graduated 29 seniors last year... but they're a big school and they also had 30 juniors last year..I wouldn't put too much stock in them beating bluefield last week, apparently Bluefield isn't that great either.

I still believe the SWD is up for grabs this year. Right now, I'd have to say that Tazewell appears to be the favorite. who knows how it'll end up.

I can't wait to see how Marion matches up with Graham next week. If Marion can beat Graham, I'd have to put them right up there with Tazewell, wouldn't that be something to see, Marion and Tazewell at the top of the district...I think it would be good to see.

Oh by the way...score update...

blacksburg 35

Graham 10

Edited by futbolking

I'm trying to find out about the Kess deal...I think he had a death in the family but I'm not sure yet...I have someone checking on it, will post when I find out exactly what the deal is.

That "Goober" is Chris Byrd. I actually think he's the best guy we've had so far. He played for Graham back in the mid 80's and has a son who plays for Graham. He's a terrific individual and it's a privilige to know him. At least he knows what the heck he's talking about. Unlike the normal idiots who do the games. I actually listened to the game this time and appreciated his insight.

Edited by futbolking

i caught the end of the game..i dropped my jaw when i heard the score..trying not to get excited here but richlands went down now graham..what the heck is going on.yes,it would be crazy to see tazwell and marion..don't forget abingdon..gosh,i'm just speechless.honestly,i see the tide changing.we have good players around interstate 81.

Marion had some good teams back in the 80's in the old SWD...Abingdon is the one that's never really lived up to the potential for the size of the school they have.

We find out next week who's for real :)

I tend to think that schools like Graham and Tazewell and Richlands - regardless of the record going in to SWD play - have the advantage considering the caliber of teams they have been playing.

I agree, but don't be fooled by Marion's loss to Chilhowie. They lost to Chilhowie last season and still beat Graham soundly in the playoffs. I believe strongly that if Chilhowie were in the SWD this year, they'd have just as good a shot as anybody to win it...but what do I know? It's hard to convince people who haven't seen Chilhowie play that they would actually be competitive. All they see is single "A" school and the stereotypes fly...Tell you what...I'd dare say MOST of the Region C and Region D Division 2 schools could and probably would whip MOST of the Region IV Division 3 schools this year...and could play them even on a yearly basis.... Yeah, I said it...

I said Marion could beat Graham last year and was laughed at and ridiculed...I'm saying it again this year... Marion CAN beat Graham.

i remember sum of those teams..i dunno,it's like the kids around abingdon would rather be num 1 on paper and then just not show up for the game.after seeing a few of them play i honestly see a shoot out for the swd.it might get wild.i like it.lol..i think if marion plays marion ball..we can go far.just gotta stay focused..play as a team.

king,i think another single a team up till maybe this year could have won just about any district they were in and that's giles.man,that was a great team but i think they might have final lost a step.honestly,i'm going out on a limb here.chilhowie isn't the only good single a team around here.those cavs from damascus might be the real deal this yr.if they beat ph it might be on.the rivalry of the year i think.i love my canes but on that night i'm a cav..that place will be nuts..i just got told by a friend that extra county cops are on duty just for that.

i remember sum of those teams..i dunno,it's like the kids around abingdon would rather be num 1 on paper and then just not show up for the game.after seeing a few of them play i honestly see a shoot out for the swd.it might get wild.i like it.lol..i think if marion plays marion ball..we can go far.just gotta stay focused..play as a team.

Vols4life, you know nothing about Abingdon, what are you talking about???????:confused:

Looks like you are trying to jump on that bandwagon........

ok,here we go..marion has beat abingdon 6 out of the last 8 yrs..i have seen u guys be so good then get beat by teams you shouldn't.but still are always ranked in the top every pre-season.i'll be honest and i know this will sturr things up but..when is the last time abingdon had a team that would knock your head off?last yr henderson got layed out by tommy lyons and was never the same.so no..i'm not on your bandwagon,i was just making a point that the swd was open to more than just 2 teams..was being nice but gosh you guys seem to never be happy.