PH-HOLSTON..get there early

vols4life

Well, Holston pulled it off tonight. 21-6. Really was a much closer game than the score, It was 7-0 Holston at the half. PH scored in the third, but missed the PAT, and it was 7-6 until late in the 4th when Holston tacked on a couple of quick scores. Congratulations to them. Maybe they will finally shut up about last year now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the question of if Holston ever beat PH......It's had to believe Holston didn't win in the Johnny Cato and Francisco years.

They didn't play each other then. PH at that time was in the Southwest district, with 10 (correct me if I'm wrong) district games. There was not room on the schedule to play them.

They didn't play each other then. PH at that time was in the Southwest district, with 10 (correct me if I'm wrong) district games. There was not room on the schedule to play them.

The big SWD, with 11 teams, only played nine district games each year...you didn't play one team each season...PH had one non-district game...

The big SWD, with 11 teams, only played nine district games each year...you didn't play one team each season...PH had one non-district game...

Yeah I went and checked on that, Looks like the non-district game was usually Chilhowie or Saltville

okay i went and sit thru the rain and watched a really good game...yeah yeah the score ws 21-6 but with 7:00 to go it was 7-6 holstons favor. i want to say congrats to holston on winning. i hope the rest of your season goes well....i dont think things will get any easier for you all. PH's coaching staff had patrick henrys defense well ready for holstons offense. i dont think holstons offense score till about 4 minutes to go into the game.............................BUT phs coaching staff sorta confused me. 4th and 2 ball on own 21 with 6:58 to go and they go for it. 1. the puter for ph prob averaged 45 yards a put 2. they took out the running back that got almost every first down they had all night.....but oh well well worth 5 bucks.

i was there as well..ph hasn't played that good all yr..it's great that this is now the shriners bowl and not the whiners bowl like it use to be.i think the rain slowed things down alot.medford couldn't cut but bramlett had the power running game kinda going.i wanna see homecoming when chilhowie comes to town.i think they will give them a good game.might be the best holston team in a very long time.

Highlight video of this slop fest over at my place. Video quality is admittedly poorer than previous videos I have posted. It was raining, crowded, and people like to stand in front of me with umbrellas. I'll try to do better in the future.

Highlight video of this slop fest over at my place. Video quality is admittedly poorer than previous videos I have posted. It was raining, crowded, and people like to stand in front of me with umbrellas. I'll try to do better in the future.

i feel your pain...i hate people with umbrellas...

oh yeah,it was funny that they let ph fans park over on the visting side so they didn't have to walk over thru the home side.i thought holston did a classy job with the game tonight.

I didn't park back there. I was wondering what the deal was with those vehicles back there. I thought that might have been people with the Shriners or something

I just hope Clintwood leaves a little grass on the field at Blank park because that is all you boys have been shooting this year. you better get Pilkins back from JI or the other one will move too. Back off the Rebs.

Here's something for the Vikings to think about! 600 yards rushing on 45 carries! I think that translates into about 13.3 yds a carry! Wow!

It's all good..PV will go 6-4 this year (which is a down year) and which is usually more than PH and Holston can win combined on the season..lol...Still it was a sissy fight. Just for those wondering from 01-07 Holston has won exactly 19 ball games, and PH has won 27...which totals 46 between them. In the same time frame those Vikes y'all are knockin have won 60...and those past 7 years haven't exactly been the best of times in BSG. So keep dreamin boys..even if ya do get in the playoffs, JIB or Clintwood will have their starters in before halftime if you're lucky...and by the end of the 1st quarter if you're not....haha...still say it was a sissy fight.

Edited by sup_rbeast

well,well..we even got a pv fan involved..easy there,so if u wanna talk about teams being so good..how come you guys can't seem to keep up with the spartans..you know they usual beat you in every playoff game..so,you aren't unbeatable.i thought coaches put their starters in first anyway..never heard of playing 2nd string first?confusing to say the least.

It's all good..PV will go 6-4 this year (which is a down year) and which is usually more than PH and Holston can win combined on the season..lol...Still it was a sissy fight. Just for those wondering from 01-07 Holston has won exactly 19 ball games, and PH has won 27...which totals 46 between them. In the same time frame those Vikes y'all are knockin have won 60...and those past 7 years haven't exactly been the best of times in BSG. So keep dreamin boys..even if ya do get in the playoffs, JIB or Clintwood will have their starters in before halftime if you're lucky...and by the end of the 1st quarter if you're not....haha...still say it was a sissy fight.

if we going to go back and talk about years and years back the only head to head match i seen between p.v. and ph was a scrimmage around 1998. i think you all had julius jones and in a two hour scrimmage he had about 30 yards and ph won 35-6 so..........but anyway yes p.v. usually post very good teams dont know must be something in the water but this is a post about two teams/ballgame that meant something to both small towns so call it what you want but for 55minutes that night it was a pretty good game

hahahahaha....guess y'all can really burn it up in a scrimmage...as for the Spartan-Viking games, if I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) PV and Giles are pretty even in wins, with both teams having a blowout or 2....I still say PH-Holston is nothing more than a sissy fight.

I would bet the farm that you could probably wipe away four of those state titles had it not been for Thomas and Julius Jones. I saw the Lebanon/PV state semi-final in 1995/96? Lebanon had a chance to knock you out and you all escaped.

falcon,i think u are right.take away 2 players and what do u have?those guys were nfl players even in high school.i think gate city beats them as well..pv is good but don't knock the ph team of 95-96 cause they were very good.if not for injuries ph would have a few trophies as well..as for holston,yeah it's new to them..look how small they are..i say let them have fun and enjoy ..i think you are just a hater who dosen't like to see anyone else win but your team.

I would bet the farm that you could probably wipe away four of those state titles had it not been for Thomas and Julius Jones. I saw the Lebanon/PV state semi-final in 1995/96? Lebanon had a chance to knock you out and you all escaped.

falcon,i think u are right.take away 2 players and what do u have?those guys were nfl players even in high school.i think gate city beats them as well..pv is good but don't knock the ph team of 95-96 cause they were very good.if not for injuries ph would have a few trophies as well..as for holston,yeah it's new to them..look how small they are..i say let them have fun and enjoy ..i think you are just a hater who dosen't like to see anyone else win but your team.

PV had 4 before either of those 2 were even out of middle school..lol..but it's fun listenin to you guys talk about all your would'ves, could'ves, and should'ves, despite the fact ya never did..lol