Great day of sports

vthokies4life

Yesterday are the type of days that are going to make me flunk out of VT. I did nothing but watch sports all day. I started with the American's victory in the Ryder Cup, then saw 4 NFL games that were decided by a game-winning field goal. After all that, I got a little nostalgic watching the final game in Yankee Stadium. Sunday, September 21 will go down as one of the most memorable days of sports I've witnessed so far in 21 years.

And I wish it bothered me more that I'm going to flunk out because of sports...

Yesterday are the type of days that are going to make me flunk out of VT. I did nothing but watch sports all day. I started with the American's victory in the Ryder Cup, then saw 4 NFL games that were decided by a game-winning field goal. After all that, I got a little nostalgic watching the final game in Yankee Stadium. Sunday, September 21 will go down as one of the most memorable days of sports I've witnessed so far in 21 years.

Nice post, brother!

Was my birthday Saturday.....

And a late one to you, haha. Mine's in 13 days, too, come to think of it.

Well, if my calculations are correct, as in not counting today and starting tomorrow, then my birthday is also in 13 days. October 5th?

You're exactly right. That's pretty awesome, man. I've only known a couple of guys with that October 5th birthday.

You're right. October 5th isn't a very popular birthday. All I know is you, me, and Grant Hill!

Ah, good ol' Grant Hill!

And I know a couple of older people with an October 5th birthday, but they're few and far between. Have to be pretty special to get this one. ;)

Actually, hold that thought. Out of curiosity I googled October 5th and was shocked to find out that it is actually the most common birthday in the United States. Ah, what are the chances!

Check out the link (not a Rick Roll, I promise!):

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2004/102004/10052004/1523986

Actually, hold that thought. Out of curiosity I googled October 5th and was shocked to find out that it is actually the most common birthday in the United States. Ah, what are the chances!

Sounds like both of you parents had a couple of wild new years eves in the 1980's. lol

Crap, you've got to be kidding me!

Well, I guess we're not special, then. :(

And to BigBlue's point, I've often wondered that myself. Especially considering that a female's average gestation period is 9 months, 4 days. Which puts "the deed" right on...January 1st, 1985.

Beat 'em at their own game...change your major to sports journalism! :)