Richlands/Tazewell

Fighton_3

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the district champion will be number 1.

no only insures a playoff berth. seedings are by power points. you could actually loose your district to a d4 team and be #1 seed in d3. right? like patrick county or cave spring for instance?

Edited by billyblue

How do you figure that? At this point, Richlands should be favored to run the table and win the district outright. I don't see Tazewell running the table. And you better remember there are a couple good Div. 3 teams in the Piedmont and the River Ridge and both of those districts are tougher than the Southwest this year. And in reference to the officiating, no that is not high school sports. I NEVER complain about the officials. But, that was horrible. I have seen people convicted of felonies that have done less than the T-Town def backs. Apparently, Tazewell's idea of good pass defense includes grapping, holding and tackling if necessary. And that is when the ball is in the air. Those guys (the officials) need to be reported to the VHSL and have their certifications revolked in my opinion. I haven't done any talking on here this season, but, I have been watching. There is one thing that is perfectly clear. The road to the SWD championship still runs through Ernie Hicks!

And the key word in my post was CAN... You must have got lost before you came to that word....

How do you figure that? At this point, Richlands should be favored to run the table and win the district outright. I don't see Tazewell running the table. And you better remember there are a couple good Div. 3 teams in the Piedmont and the River Ridge and both of those districts are tougher than the Southwest this year. And in reference to the officiating, no that is not high school sports. I NEVER complain about the officials. But, that was horrible. I have seen people convicted of felonies that have done less than the T-Town def backs. Apparently, Tazewell's idea of good pass defense includes grapping, holding and tackling if necessary. And that is when the ball is in the air. Those guys (the officials) need to be reported to the VHSL and have their certifications revolked in my opinion. I haven't done any talking on here this season, but, I have been watching. There is one thing that is perfectly clear. The road to the SWD championship still runs through Ernie Hicks!

Come on dude, felonies? lol. Just what is grapping? FYI, tackling is legal. Just busting your chops. Congrats to the Blues on the win.

i figure it's very possible for tazewell to loose 1 more game and richlands win out and tazewell still be seeded higher due largely to the gate city win/lose. i do realize other games would also have an impact. was just thinking about that but it's making my head hurt i'm going to bed.

Yeah I really liked number 71 great preformance once again from this kid Roy Christian. I've been pushing this kid since before the start of the 06' season. Yeah I guess 71 hit Muncy so hard he bounced right off of him lol... then again I did see that 71 run a big fumble recovery back nice work.

This was one of the best Tazewell - Richlands games I've seen in along time both teams really showed up to play. Both, defenses where hitting on all cylinders. Number 7 was a huge key to the tazewell game plan the blues really just didn't let him be the play maker that he has been this season.

70 Shaquille McDonald from Tazewell looks to be a really promising player in the future bulldog program that kid was ever where making plays for them I believe he's just a freshman or sophomore.

What a kid he was McDonald is a beast and is a sophmore i think about 5'10 300lbs and its all build not a fat kid he is very well put together and is going to be a huge help to the bulldogs for years to come.

He is a freshman.

Apparently, Tazewell's idea of good pass defense includes grapping, holding and tackling if necessary. And that is when the ball is in the air.

I realize the Tazewell coaching staff believes in depth and keeping players rested, but I cannot understand why Muncy is not playing defense, especially with Tazewell being as weak in the secondary as they appeared to be last night

Yeah I really liked number 71 great preformance once again from this kid Roy Christian. I've been pushing this kid since before the start of the 06' season. Yeah I guess 71 hit Muncy so hard he bounced right off of him lol... then again I did see that 71 run a big fumble recovery back nice work.

This was one of the best Tazewell - Richlands games I've seen in along time both teams really showed up to play. Both, defenses where hitting on all cylinders. Number 7 was a huge key to the tazewell game plan the blues really just didn't let him be the play maker that he has been this season.

70 Shaquille McDonald from Tazewell looks to be a really promising player in the future bulldog program that kid was ever where making plays for them I believe he's just a freshman or sophomore.

yeah that fumble he returned. wasn't a fumble. it even showed it on the news!!! and shag is a freshmen. but from what i saw the refs did alot of cheating in that game.

Tazewell did not play that bad Richlands D just stepped up as did the Bulldogs this was a battle of the D. Tazewell played a great game and they have nothing to be ashamed of I do not think they were cocky because they have lost to Richlands every time they have played them and they know that they can not take them lightly and they didn't if they had the score would have been alot worse.

#1 wanted a flag thrown every time he got tackled or hit...

i saw him do that twice and i know for sure one was justified because they threw the flag..but the other time could have went either way

tazewells db's bit on the pump and when richlands wide outs burnt them they grabbed for something, but i dont blame them..better to have a 15 yard penalty sometimes than a TD

tazewell has only scored 17 points in wyatt's reign while being shut out 3 out of the 5 games.. richlands has scored 172 in those games.. I haven't been to many games in awhile and i was just wondering, is wyatt just gettin out coached or is it the new mentality of tazewell to roll over when it comes to richlands??

tazewell was cocky they on;y had a half practice thursday b/c the were over confident that they would be 5-0 it was both coaches and players fault....and we all know that tazewell didn't play a good game at all but they will def. be ready for richlands in playoffs

Have to give Richlands "D" some credit here. The front 7 have been good all year the corners are starting to put it together. Where's Dawg05. Didn't he say something about those corners?

If I remember right Roy Christian was one of those guys on that '06 championship team that made life hard for that Mayo kid. Wasn't it Roy that swatted the ball out of Mayo's hand making a fumble? These guys have faced some pretty tough competition, they know how to prepare for exceptional players.

Edited by thundercloud

tazewell was cocky they on;y had a half practice thursday b/c the were over confident that they would be 5-0 it was both coaches and players fault....and we all know that tazewell didn't play a good game at all but they will def. be ready for richlands in playoffs

I called that last week.