will va high spoil honakers homecoming?

litltiger

I watched Gate City dismantle the Bearcats in the rain Friday night. It was not pretty and if what I saw was any indication Honaker will probably win. The Cats have a new QB this year with no experience, not surprisingly he is slow to react and was not efficent through the air. If the line can make a hole for the running backs they can GO, very fast and experienced. Gate City pushed the Cats around and were ahead 35 -0 before Nick called off the Devils.I wouldn't bet the farm but I left the game thinking VHS may not win another game. That could be the pessimist in me.

If VHS doesn't win this one they wont win another game. They should only have 1 win as we speak. S. Central should have beat them. Our D is horrible, If your running backs fight to break a tackle we will let them. We have no pass offense, except a TE drag and he is slow as xmas when he gets it. Hope VHS wins but don't look for it to happen.

If VHS doesn't win this one they wont win another game. They should only have 1 win as we speak. S. Central should have beat them. Our D is horrible, If your running backs fight to break a tackle we will let them. We have no pass offense, except a TE drag and he is slow as xmas when he gets it. Hope VHS wins but don't look for it to happen.

correction...they will beat Marion.

we should have beaten honaker last week. i think this week va high will get beat at honaker. if we can beat carroll we have a shot at going on a winning streak. all of our losses have been really close. we just need a big win this week.

VHS has won all the games they are going to win, they only beat 2 very weak teams that so far have not won a ballgame yet. They only have a few weapons it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure which ones they are, once they are contained it is over for the cats. Rumor has it they are getting rid of the Head coach which will only help there program he costs them too many penalties.

VHS will win out. Terry becomes greatest coach in school history and retirees from VHS 30 years later! Oh! heeck horrible dream. I am glad I woke, but the school system has not. The Dank as Terry likes to call her loves him. As long as she is super and Mr. Clark is on the school board he has a job. They will win and they will renew contract and the football team will still stink no matter how good the athletes. He has no clue on how to get the best out of what he has to work with. Read some post on CMD website. They love him over there.

Va. High wins! They beat Honaker, Lebanon, Abingdon, Marion and Lee. They make play-offs. They are a good football team and will get it together despite head coach. I have had a change of heart on their program. Someone explained to me and I know he is in the know except for maybe the highest power, Obama, and Terry. I think someone mentioned rocket scientist.

ive not heard much out of va high but i figure they are better team than abingdon.anyone have any insight on this?

to much speed and quickness out of the backfield for the tigers.seem to have absolutley no passing game but quick enough to beat the tigers on the ground.congrads to the cats.

The Dank as you called her certainly does not like Terry.

You are wrong on this one my brother!! I quarntee you are wrong. She likes him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can prove wrong. I will admit that I am wrong but I dont thinks so. Anyway he is saving the program he will be the coach next year and years to come. The team can win out. They can beat Lebanon, Marion, Abingdon, and Lee. This is a good bunch of kids and are very capable of beating all these teams. Lebanon will be the tough one and Coach Adams will have his guys ready to play. I think they match up with VHS well on the speed game. It will boil down to the Defense. I think this could be that 3pt game or VHS can choke and cough the ball up a couple of times and get drilled. Thats the thing The team is not bad they are just inconsistent. Coach Locke and Coach Jones do a good job on offense. They have some good FB and TB. The Bowers kid a little inconsistent on his passing game and decision making on the field. Need to use Lopez a little more on short routes. The kicking game not bad the Frye kid pretty good kicker. Defense I think Lewis is a little small for LB but plays with heart. That 3-5-3 Defense I dont know about. His front down lineman get knocked of ball pretty easy. If Lebanon can get the push it could spell toubles for the cats. I guess Friday night will tell. If Terry loses Ringstaff and school board I think will be looking to replace him. I know that without Coach Lark as Defesive Coord. football season has been different and assistant track coach things are going to be different come track season also. Lebanon is building a good track program with a former VHS runner now coaching that program. So we will see I dont have a crystal ball just opinion and you know what that counts for. Have a great day and maybe The Dank and Terry can retiree to Florida together. Oh! Maybe you information comes from one schoolboard member

Edited by Boo77

I don't know Boo about the rest of there games it seems like they have a few tough ones, of course I was wrong before the Honaker game too... They are just not consistent. They do have the speed though but everyone seems to key in on it. If they play a team with the same amount of speed they can pretty much forget winning. I think they will hang right with Abingdon but you play up there if I am not mistaking and you play the ref's as well so only time will tell, I am with you on one thing though the coach has to go he has been a thorn in there side too long!!! Have a great day.

first of all, va high has not beat abingdon in a few years. i don't see it happening this year. abingdon is better than their record. they could have easily beaten tazewell, honaker, and cc. richlands just had a good game plan and executed well the night we played them. we could be 5-1 right now instead of 2-4. someone told me the other night that we dropped john battle and picked up pulaski. i also heard we were trying to drop honaker and pick up salem. i hope this is not true we haven't beat honaker in that series yet and i would imagine salem might be better than honaker or battle. has anyone else heard this?

first of all, va high has not beat abingdon in a few years. i don't see it happening this year. abingdon is better than their record. they could have easily beaten tazewell, honaker, and cc. richlands just had a good game plan and executed well the night we played them. we could be 5-1 right now instead of 2-4. someone told me the other night that we dropped john battle and picked up pulaski. i also heard we were trying to drop honaker and pick up salem. i hope this is not true we haven't beat honaker in that series yet and i would imagine salem might be better than honaker or battle. has anyone else heard this?

you would definetley beef the schedule up with salem but probally wouldnt get a win out of salem unless salem was at their worst yr and falcons was at their top.like the post said before ,the honaker game could have went either way.the weather in my opinion hurt abingdons passing game bad and that could have made the difference in the game.good luck to abingdon the remainder of the season.i kno how it feels to have a losing record and pretty good team.we had very good opportunitys(richlands,leb,haysi,va high) to be 7-0 and blew it at the end .thats football and ye just gotta love coming back on friday night looking to win another one.va high had more speed than we played this yr and we just didnt stuff the middle.they were 0-2 passing the ball so do the math.just gotta stop the run which we didnt do.

I have seen Abingdon play. Not a bad team. The Hess kid does a good job @ QB and if he can throw the long ball VHS might be in trouble. For all the athleticism the VHS DBs have they do not cover the pass well. If Honaker had caught some passes the game could have been different but if a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his butt. Is the Mitchell kid still playing LB? If he is Zak is going to have to step up and clog the middle. I dont see Abingdon being physical enough to stop the FB and TB of the Cats. That is just my opinion. VHS wins. You state that Abingdon is better than their record. Well it does not matter the W has still been on the other teams side. I hope it is a good game no matter what the outcome. I know there is some bad blood there. I think Smith is still mad that you all want take him back. Please I bet some VHS fans might pony up some cash to get you all to take back your former Falcon.