George Wythe 31, Holston 13

VivaFutbol

The game was more lopsided than the 18 point difference suggest. But with about 9 minutes to go, #81 (Jordan Blevins I believe) looked to have a serious injury. The game was stopped for about 20 minutes

and he was taken away on a stretcher. Holston fans, if you hear anything let us know. And keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Edited by VivaFutbol

jordon lost feeling on the right side of his body for a few mins..but i think he was getting it back as they left..yes,holston got beat but i saw a bunch of mixed up refs..onside kick,faircatch signal..yellow flag but no yards taked on..gw is the master of holding..how about that delay of game call that the umpire just waived off cause there was just a sec left..i guess it was really not worth it to holston..lol,the umpire sounded drunk..he at one point called holston the home team..gw,has a good o line..but the run d is not great on the outside..i question some plays called by coach matlock but hey..i'm not the coach..yes,gw won but keeping your starters in until the last min..and your announcers talked while jordon was getting loaded in the ambulance..i just think wythe as a community aren't very classy..i have friends up there that say the samething.but we got that lose out of the way.pray jordan is ok..the cavs need him very badly cause he is a big piece of the puzzle..as for any trips to wytheville i think not..i'll avoid that whole place.

jordon lost feeling on the right side of his body for a few mins..but i think he was getting it back as they left..yes,holston got beat but i saw a bunch of mixed up refs..onside kick,faircatch signal..yellow flag but no yards taked on..gw is the master of holding..how about that delay of game call that the umpire just waived off cause there was just a sec left..i guess it was really not worth it to holston..lol,the umpire sounded drunk..he at one point called holston the home team..gw,has a good o line..but the run d is not great on the outside..i question some plays called by coach matlock but hey..i'm not the coach..yes,gw won but keeping your starters in until the last min..and your announcers talked while jordon was getting loaded in the ambulance..i just think wythe as a community aren't very classy..i have friends up there that say the samething.but we got that lose out of the way.pray jordan is ok..the cavs need him very badly cause he is a big piece of the puzzle..as for any trips to wytheville i think not..i'll avoid that whole place.

Wow! This post just made my day! Now I can go to bed with a even bigger smile on my face....

i hope the kid is okay. hear from a friend from damascus and seen in person for myself that his motor is always running on defense. as far as holstn....once agian ill say 7-3. but hey good enough for a playoff bid

1st off you scored on our backups backup DB on your last TD. And we are up 18, why take the starters out? Refs? How could they be bad. I saw the clock was at 0:00 and then the ref threw the flag. Excuses, excuses. You (Holston, even though you are a Marion fan, I believe.) are mad because you got blown out. The score was kind to Holston, the score makes it sound a lot closer than it was. And still hoping the young man is ok.

u smile cause a kid gets hurt? and then u play wythe rules.ya know i like the rebels,just as of late find myself seeing alot of finger pointing.ph is in need of sum direction..maybe coach thomas could come back and help..they need it..gw,got up early..but that yellow color will do things to a kids mind..and there was time left on the clock or he wouldn't have threw the flag..no excuses..take away the crap and gw still wins .refs in any game can cost u a game.but it's over..we lost..gotta suck it up and go on..but hardely ablow out.

First off I must say that I hope Jordan is ok and I wish him a speedy recovery. I saw him and Will collide and immediately knew something was wrong. Obviously nobody is smiling because a player got hurt. The refs seemed to make a few questionable calls but I don't think it was that bad. And I'm pretty sure there wasn't any time left on the clock when the ump threw the delay flag. He was too busy staring at his play clock the entire game to be watching the game clock. Holston ran the ball very well tonight. Seemed like they had a lot of 2nd and short situations but just couldn't capitalize. I can see why #15 is the leading rusher in the Hogo. Not a very big back but he's got some moves. Usually the running game opens up the passing game first but for GW tonight the passing game opened up the running game. Jacob threw very well tonight. It's always nice to see the good kids do well. Good win for the Maroons tonight.

Jordan is OK...I talked to a few fans and they said that he was released from the hospital...Good Game (It sounded like it on the radio)...What calls did you question?...From what I can gather the only two calls that I question is the spot on the play before the half and the block in the back to take away a TD in the 3rd (those were the officials calls...Would have made it 30-27 in the 4th)...Seems like they had success offensively and didn't quit...I mean think I heard the radio guy say last year it was 35-0 at the half...somthing he's calling must be working...Good Luck to the Cavs the rest of the way...They will be my adopted team come playoff time since my falcons don't look like they are going to get in!!!

The spot on the goaline. He was well short of the first down, so I can't see how that was questionable.

The block in the back call, I am confused on how people think a block in the back is a bad call. If the block in the back didn't happen, odds are, the guy wouldn't have scored.

(vols4life) Also I yet to see how refs can screw over a team that lost 31-13 which could have been a lot more.

The refs moved the ball back about a half of a yard from where the first ref had placed the ball while the chains were coming out. the ref had that whistle in his mouth the whole game. he really liked to blow it too! only on holston of course bc thats the way it is when you either go to the football field in Wytheville or on the Basketball court in Marion. Jordan is ok, somebody called and they said he was walking around before he got discharged from the hospital.

i'm not complaining about the refs bc we lost, they were terrible no matter what. they waved off a delay of game on GW bc it was the end of the quarter. you just dont wave it off like that

No, they waved it off because the quarter was over before the play clock was over. Keep looking through your red and black tinted glasses for excuses.

i'm not complaining about the refs bc we lost, they were terrible no matter what. they waved off a delay of game on GW bc it was the end of the quarter. you just dont wave it off like that

Unless you were on the field, given a detailed explanation of the calls, and know enough about the rules of the game, how can you talk about why the refs did what they did? Would you have questioned the same calls had you won? There are plenty of times, even in NFL games, that we don't understand as spectators why a call was made. It is just easier to blame the refs than to admit when we are beaten. Many times there are good explanations as to why calls were made, but that would take away our excuse for losing. I am not saying this is what you are doing, but it is very common in sports. I have probably done this myself a time or two.

Unless you were on the field, given a detailed explanation of the calls, and know enough about the rules of the game, how can you talk about why the refs did what they did? Would you have questioned the same calls had you won? There are plenty of times, even in NFL games, that we don't understand as spectators why a call was made. It is just easier to blame the refs than to admit when we are beaten. Many times there are good explanations as to why calls were made, but that would take away our excuse for losing. I am not saying this is what you are doing, but it is very common in sports. I have probably done this myself a time or two.

nicely put..

First off. I have to vent. We (holston) dont get any respect, not from the football community and referee community. I'm tired of the striped shirts not getting the job done. The qualifications for that job must be breathing. They missed the first down call and I'm yet to see a block in the back. Those would have made a world of difference in the game. We got screwed last year with the refs in the ph game and took another this year up there. Who is over the refs? I liked to give him or them a call!

If you would have got the first down, would you have scored? Maybe, maybe not. You would have scored on the block in the back, but that would have been your last score as we still would of had our full strength defense in and you wouldn't of burned our regular corner like they did. Refs aren't the reason you lost. You were beat by a better football teams. Proves you are still gonna be overlooked until you have a quality win, and PH isn't a quality win.

I don't like that excuse either. Regardless of whether or not that kid was a starter, that was a good pass and catch from what I seen on the video. The coverage was pretty tight..two guys there. (if that is indeed the play you're talkin about). Not many defenders would have been there to cover that given the nature of the play.