Michigan loses to Toledo in the Big House...

GMan

give him two years...they will be fine...

This is true. Rodriguez stunk up the joint in his first 2 years at WVU, too. If Michigan fans are patient enough, and they're notoriously trigger-happy, they'll get back to where they were and go beyond that.

But hey, anytime the Big 10 falls outside Happy Valley, I'm pleased.

This is true. Rodriguez stunk up the joint in his first 2 years at WVU, too. If Michigan fans are patient enough, and they're notoriously trigger-happy, they'll get back to where they were and go beyond that.

But hey, anytime the Big 10 falls outside Happy Valley, I'm pleased.

Actually RR only stunk it up his first year at WVU at 3-7...he had taken WVU to a bowl game every year after that, his first bowl game was a a$$ whoppin by your mighty Cavs.

Actually RR only stunk it up his first year at WVU at 3-7...he had taken WVU to a bowl game every year after that, his first bowl game was a a$$ whoppin by your mighty Cavs.

I must've included the last year of the Nehlen Era with that. My apologies. And I remember that 2002 Continental Tire Bowl well! :)

I must've included the last year of the Nehlen Era with that. My apologies. And I remember that 2002 Continental Tire Bowl well! :)

No apologies necessary...it looks like the same trend at Michigan just like it was at WVU.

Edited by rabidbeaver

Number 1 goes down as well today.... Bama going to be new number 1...

Not necessarily. Since Bama is off this week, we have to see what LSU does tonight. Also Texas will be mentioned by some for the #1 spot. I wouldn't doubt if Bama stayed number #2 though, which wouldn't disappoint Saban by any means.

But Michigan just "doesn't have the quarterback to run RichRod's system"... Right? If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard that this year...

Anyone that believes Rodriguez is on the hot seat is truly delusional and know absoutely nothing about what it takes to run a college football program. That, or you're simply a WVU homer that hates him the man. When Rodriquez gets his players into the Michigan program, and he will get his players into the program, Michigan will be dominating college football again. He's playing a bunch of young kids and with young kids you'll have ups (beating Wisconsin) and downs (losing to Toldeo), but it'll make them one tough bunch of upperclassmen. Michigan is going to be fine and Rodriquez will hoist a national title trophy before his time at Michigan is over.

Those fans are outta whack! lol

Anyone that believes Rodriguez is on the hot seat is truly delusional and know absoutely nothing about what it takes to run a college football program. That, or you're simply a WVU homer that hates him the man. When Rodriquez gets his players into the Michigan program, and he will get his players into the program, Michigan will be dominating college football again. He's playing a bunch of young kids and with young kids you'll have ups (beating Wisconsin) and downs (losing to Toldeo), but it'll make them one tough bunch of upperclassmen. Michigan is going to be fine and Rodriquez will hoist a national title trophy before his time at Michigan is over.

RR will win and be competitive in the big 10 and may even have top ten teams but his defenses have been notoriously average at best and we all know that defenses win championships and that defensive coaching staff at Michigan was the same one that everyone in the nation was laughing at WVU minus Casteel. People who know WVU football know that WVU's secondary coach Gibson philosophy was to play 10-15 yards off the receiver and not let nothing behind you which is not a bad idea but good quaterbacks always picked the secondary apart by nickel and dimming them.

No doubt RR will get better recruits at Michigan then he did at WVU but he will not corner the market because he still has to recruit against Michigan's daddy "The" Ohio State University, Wisconsin, Penn State, Notre Dame, and up and coming Illinois who also runs the spread.

I guess it's called Karma! He's a good coach, but he's an asshole. I wished things hadn't changed at WVU and he didn't have the lovely Mike Brown help making him greedy, but he made his choices.

Nice to see Meechigan go down ....again!

RR will win and be competitive in the big 10 and may even have top ten teams but his defenses have been notoriously average at best and we all know that defenses win championships and that defensive coaching staff at Michigan was the same one that everyone in the nation was laughing at WVU minus Casteel. People who know WVU football know that WVU's secondary coach Gibson philosophy was to play 10-15 yards off the receiver and not let nothing behind you which is not a bad idea but good quaterbacks always picked the secondary apart by nickel and dimming them.

No doubt RR will get better recruits at Michigan then he did at WVU but he will not corner the market because he still has to recruit against Michigan's daddy "The" Ohio State University, Wisconsin, Penn State, Notre Dame, and up and coming Illinois who also runs the spread.

Fair analysis, and it's one I agree with.

The danger for Rodriguez is with Ohio St and Penn St doing well right now, big-time recruits in the region aren't going to be especially attracted to a team that just lost to Toledo.

Most recruits aren't going to play for a team that they think a coach will either leave or be fired from. Should Michigan get similar results next year, I can see him being fired as a real possibility. The powers-that-be in Ann Arbor are far less forgiving then Morgantown.

Unfortunatly, that situation is the same for WVU. West Virginia bady needs to finish strong, and avoid any more embarrasments like with ECU. Unless the offense gets better, recruits will lose faith with Stewart, some have already.