Richlands @ Grundy

Rhschamps04

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game tonight i thought for the 1st quarter it was going to be a close one. I would like to take this time to give a shout out to those grundy seniors that played there last game tonight. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of you stuck with your team threw the good and the bad and never quit on your team and that too make makes you guys champions you guys have alot of heart and are a great group of young men that have your entire lives ahead of you and I wish you nothing but the best. Also to those young wave players that will be back next season you had a rough year this year yes but you hung in there like champs and if you work hard this off season the sky is the limit for the wave next year just put this season behined you and go back to work for next year. Also to the grundy fans you guys have not had alot to cheer about this year but you all still show up and support your team and to that I respect all of you for that like ive always said if you can support them during the good times then you should support them during the bad also and from the looks of it a few fans in grundy feel the same way. Once again do not give up guys work hard this off season and come out and show everyone next year that there still is a great football team in grundy and make everyone (except for Richlands) remember the night they play the Grundy Golden Wave.

Great game tonight i thought for the 1st quarter it was going to be a close one. I would like to take this time to give a shout out to those grundy seniors that played there last game tonight. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of you stuck with your team threw the good and the bad and never quit on your team and that too make makes you guys champions you guys have alot of heart and are a great group of young men that have your entire lives ahead of you and I wish you nothing but the best. Also to those young wave players that will be back next season you had a rough year this year yes but you hung in there like champs and if you work hard this off season the sky is the limit for the wave next year just put this season behined you and go back to work for next year. Also to the grundy fans you guys have not had alot to cheer about this year but you all still show up and support your team and to that I respect all of you for that like ive always said if you can support them during the good times then you should support them during the bad also and from the looks of it a few fans in grundy feel the same way. Once again do not give up guys work hard this off season and come out and show everyone next year that there still is a great football team in grundy and make everyone (except for Richlands) remember the night they play the Grundy Golden Wave.

This is the most insporational thing ive ever read...that needs to be on a banner in the Field House...CLASS ACT post and Fan my friend Good luck to the BLUES the rest of the way!

Why dont you focus on winning your next 2 games then talk about the playoffs.

Man just ignore the little kids on here. All true bulldog fans know Richlands is a good team with a great coach and is able to win the whole thing. We will never over look you guys and will always respect you. Last game was closer than the score and next game could go either way.So lets just hope that a Tazewell co team can go all the way either us or yall. And be proud of and pull for the SW district. I believe that with the right breaks either of us can win state.

Man just ignore the little kids on here. All true bulldog fans know Richlands is a good team with a great coach and is able to win the whole thing. We will never over look you guys and will always respect you. Last game was closer than the score and next game could go either way.So lets just hope that a Tazewell co team can go all the way either us or yall. And be proud of and pull for the SW district. I believe that with the right breaks either of us can win state.

I am a Richlands fan and if we both make it through the first round it will be a though game. Its hard to beat a team twice. Im not trying to rain on anyones parade but I dont see Richlands or Tazewell making it to the State Championship game, would be great but dont think it will happen this year. It sucks b/c I have got pretty custom to going to liberty U in December.

I know the real bulldogs fans respect Richlands just as much as Richlands respects the Bulldogs lilcox has sent me pms telling me how richlands payed the refs off in our game this year and how if we come up there the bulldogs will win because there is no way that we are going to cheat in tazewell and all that crap i am just going to start not even reading anything he sends or post its a waste of time.

I know the real bulldogs fans respect Richlands just as much as Richlands respects the Bulldogs lilcox has sent me pms telling me how richlands payed the refs off in our game this year and how if we come up there the bulldogs will win because there is no way that we are going to cheat in tazewell and all that crap i am just going to start not even reading anything he sends or post its a waste of time.

Yeah you are right. The refs are as fair as they know how to be. Id never question their morals. Just their knowledge and eyes sight sometimes, But not their bias.

Mance had nothing to do with that score Tazewell was just that bad................

What about the other 50 teams they've ran the score up on.

Goodness ....do you still harbor resentment when you think about those "swats" your mamma gave you when you were young????? NO....I would bet not.

Hours DO turn into days, days turns into months, months into years.....life moves on...and it has for the Tazewell and Richlands' programs.

Do you remember during pre-season when everyone did not really believe you would be a very good program this year????? What coach said.....again, I repeat what coach said.....Tazewell would win the district. M-A-N-C-E!!!!! Many ppl said he was just giving you guys lip service....but he saw something in the program and the players that others didn't.

Mance is a VERY good coach along with all of his staff ....and they're NOT a "mean-spirited" group (oops, I let the election jargon flow over) out to humilate anyone.

However these regional playoffs finish (of course, I'm pulling for Richlands) I want a Tazewell County team to be regional champs.

Goodness ....do you still harbor resentment when you think about those "swats" your mamma gave you when you were young????? NO....I would bet not.

Hours DO turn into days, days turns into months, months into years.....life moves on...and it has for the Tazewell and Richlands' programs.

Do you remember during pre-season when everyone did not really believe you would be a very good program this year????? What coach said.....again, I repeat what coach said.....Tazewell would win the district. M-A-N-C-E!!!!! Many ppl said he was just giving you guys lip service....but he saw something in the program and the players that others didn't.

Mance is a VERY good coach along with all of his staff ....and they're NOT a "mean-spirited" group (oops, I let the election jargon flow over) out to humilate anyone.

However these regional playoffs finish (of course, I'm pulling for Richlands) I want a Tazewell County team to be regional champs.

FIRST THING LEAVE MY MOM OUT OF THIS...... and second thing i think mance is the best coach in SW VA by far. And only one close to him within this area is Simmon from blfd. mance is imo too good to be coaching at the high school level. all i said is he willlllll run up the score on weaker teams. the 61 - 0 y'all keep bringing was not even close to what i was refering to but lets talk about it. Tazewells team was not aweful that year, they finished 8 and 2..... But was strickin with injuries. Namely their QB and RB. Tazewell pulls their starters in the second quarter and mance keeps pouring it on them.

I meant no disrespect to your mom....that was just an analogy I was using to say ppl shouldn't keep harping on the past.

I disagree w/you about Richlands running up the score and that's all I'll say about the matter. Have a good day sir. BTW, we do agree on a couple of things... Mance being a very good coach and McCain.

Edited by trublue

FIRST THING LEAVE MY MOM OUT OF THIS...... and second thing i think mance is the best coach in SW VA by far. And only one close to him within this area is Simmon from blfd. mance is imo too good to be coaching at the high school level. all i said is he willlllll run up the score on weaker teams. the 61 - 0 y'all keep bringing was not even close to what i was refering to but lets talk about it. Tazewells team was not aweful that year, they finished 8 and 2..... But was strickin with injuries. Namely their QB and RB. Tazewell pulls their starters in the second quarter and mance keeps pouring it on them.

Why would a coach pull their starters in the 2nd Quarter. The boys practiced hard all week and have worked thier tales off, so let them play at least a half. Since Tazewell gave up in the 2nd quarter, then its their fault for losing 61-0.

Also, what other score were you talking about? The Tazewell game was the worst beating we handed out that season, or the past three seasons for that matter. We did beat Lebanon 69-6 that season, but at least they did score. So I still say the 61-0 shutout was the worst.

Honestly, when you have a team like Richlands did in 2006, then you can score on every play if you want. The score could have been a lot worse than 61-0 if Mance would have wanted it to be. When you second string scores on command then you know you have a good team.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I bet in the last ten years you can count on one finger how many times Tazewell has had the luxury of pulling their starters to keep from scoring to many points. LOL LOL LOL

Like last night our second string scored twice. What are you going to do tell those young boys not to score? I dont think so. There is not much difference between 40 and 60 points, the other team pretty much got embarrased either way. I dont think you should pull your starters until after the first drive of the third quater no matter the score, it keeps the flow and routine down for the starters to go on the next week.

mance is a great coach but not much of a gentleman on the field. he will run up the score as much as possible

He is not a gentlemen ANYWHERE !

And I will add: The Richlands fans are all Gung-Ho when the team wins; but, I noticed in an earlier game, when Richlands was losing, most of the fans left ! Now, is that supporting your team WIN or LOSE ? Shame on the fans.

Like last night our second string scored twice. What are you going to do tell those young boys not to score? I dont think so. There is not much difference between 40 and 60 points, the other team pretty much got embarrased either way. I dont think you should pull your starters until after the first drive of the third quater no matter the score, it keeps the flow and routine down for the starters to go on the next week.

its not the pulling of starters i was talking about... it's the fake punts and reverses and passes with a huge lead.