Ahmad Bradshaw's lack of playing time....

futbolking

Is the Giants backfield too crowded? Will AB see more time later in the season? Should he be used more? Will the three headed backfield in New York remain in tact much longer?

What are everybody's thoughts?

Simple, everyone in front of him isn't injured like last year.

Simple, everyone in front of him isn't injured like last year.

Exactly. He was used last year in the backfield when he was needed to fill a hole. New York uses him on special teams, both returning and on coverage, and he isn't doing bad at all. I don't know if they will trade him so soon because he proved last year that he is a fine insurance policy.

It's hard to tell....the general manager has been getting a lot of questions about Bradshaw's Lack of playing time...and he has repeatedly stated that Bradshaw is not in the doghouse or being punished for any reason...I don't think they can continue to keep him on the shelf...some team will offer to buy his contract out, if something doesn't change soon...

Ward won't stay healthy for the full season and they know it...they are following the same thing that they did last year...you will see AB come on late in the year and fresh...Ward just can't stay healthy...if he does it would be the first year it's happened.

There are 2 people ahead of AB to get traded...he's cheap on the cap and they wont get rid of him unless they get a great deal, which they wont...

I'd still like to see him go somewhere he can be the go to guy though...but he's fine where he's at...just has to stay calm and wait it out...his time will come (again).

Ward won't stay healthy for the full season and they know it...they are following the same thing that they did last year...you will see AB come on late in the year and fresh...Ward just can't stay healthy...if he does it would be the first year it's happened.

There are 2 people ahead of AB to get traded...he's cheap on the cap and they wont get rid of him unless they get a great deal, which they wont...

I'd still like to see him go somewhere he can be the go to guy though...but he's fine where he's at...just has to stay calm and wait it out...his time will come (again).

I hope you're right...he is the perfect compliment to Jacobs...and I think he is too small to be the feature back, he wouldn't be able to take the beating...

He has certainly had the right attitude about the situation. Every time he is interviewed, he states that he is just happy to be contributing to the team and appreciates every opportunity that he gets.

It appears that he and Jacobs have become good friends off of the field as well.

Another thing that I think Bradshaw brings to the table that Ward doesn't is the ability to make a big play off of the pass out of the backfield....I'd like to see them throw the ball to him a little more...he's usually wide open on those type of plays, but the ball isn't thrown his way?? Could the Giants be saving this as well?

Bradshaw is running the ball well tonight...but he's still got a fumble problem...going to have to fix that...of course Joacbs has dropped it tonight as well...

And he had a forced fumble on a kickoff. Ahmad is having a pretty alright night.

the reason ahmad isnt getting playing time is because jacobs and ward are in the last year of there contracts, one of those guys will be gone at the end of the year, hopefully its ward. jacobs and bradshaw make up a nasty combo

Yeah...it'd be hard for the Giants to keep both Ward and Jacobs...I'm guessing they'll fork out the $$ to keep Jacobs and they won't have to pay Ahmad as much as Ward would bring to the table...Denver is in desperate need of a good runningback...they brought back Tatum Bell today...they'd better watch their luggage...

Ahmad had 9 rushes for 96 yards today vs. the Ravens. He busted a 77 yard run and was caught from behind at the 1, and he couldn't stick it in on 3rd down. He is looking good and I think his carries should increase as the season progresses just like last year.

I think Jacobs plays...they will want to lock up home field and wont risk dropping a game if they can help it...Jacobs will probably play less than usual though...for his style of running and his size you have to expect to play hurt at times...i think he will just tuff it out. Don't forget that poor old Ruben on the bench is nothing to laugh at either...wouldn't be surprised if they break him out this week as well.

yeah, looks like Jacobs will play. I have a feeling that Bradshaw will get some more touches this week. I'm going to take a chance and put him at a flex position for fantasy football. I get points for return yardage too...

I think you might see Ruben this week finally...Coughlin is wacky as can be about this and I bet he keeps AB on the bench as much as he can for the playoffs...he knows what he has going on in the backfield and on the bench.