Alabama,Texas Tech, Florida...

wave316

The top 3 teams are Alabama,Texas Tech ,and Florida. Who is the better of the 3. Texas Tech looked awfully good tonight. Alabama won in OT. Florida blew out Vandy. I think Florida is my pick to go all the way. What say you guys?:)

The top 3 teams are Alabama,Texas Tech ,and Florida. Who is the better of the 3. Texas Tech looked awfully good tonight. Alabama won in OT. Florida blew out Vandy. I think Florida is my pick to go all the way. What say you guys?:)

if you dont stop posting in the wrong forum, i'm going to ban you.

Undefeated from the SEC > 1-loss team from the SEC.

Undefeated from the Big XII > 1-loss team from the SEC.

Undefeated from the Big XII > undefeated from the SEC.

That, and #2 Texas Tech pasted #9 OK State, while #1 Alabama needed OT to beat #13 LSU. So:

1. Texas Tech

2. Alabama

3. Florida

4. Texas

Alabama stays #1...they played at a ranked LSU...no shame there.

Texas Tech played a higher ranked team than LSU and blew them away. The polls may have Bama still on top ,but Texas Tech and Florida seem to be playing a whole lot better. Still anything can happen in the days ahead. Too bad my Virginia Cavs got beat by Wake Forest:(

So everyone just forgets about Texas???

Texas Tech played a higher ranked team than LSU and blew them away. The polls may have Bama still on top ,but Texas Tech and Florida seem to be playing a whole lot better. Still anything can happen in the days ahead. Too bad my Virginia Cavs got beat by Wake Forest:(

Too bad, indeed. Had they just played in the 2nd half as they did the first, it'd be a different story. Just like every other Groh year: only if...

But I'll stop there.

Had they just played in the 2nd half as they did the first, it'd be a different story.

If they had played the second half like the did the first, they'd have lost 56-6...

Does anyone here besides me think Oklahoma is going to upset Texas Tech? This will be the game of the week, and I think Oklahoma's offense is good enough to hang with Texas Tech, and it will be a score-a-thon!

Bama overcame adversity Saturday for the first time this season in a hostile environment, Death Valley. Baton Rouge is one of the toughest places to play in the country, and JPW played his toughest game of the season (although the cell phone call he made after the first score gave LSU great field position for their first score...really lame call by the official after letting Florids's Tebow do the same thing with no penalty). Bama's defense is one of the best in the country, and the offense can run on anybody. Julio Jones is a MAN, and this freshman will make some noise before he goes to the NFL. I think any undefeated SEC team deserves to be ranked #1 at this point in the season, so here's my top 5.

1. Alabama

2. Texas Tech

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. Oklahoma

Edited by blueinbama

Does anyone here besides me think Oklahoma is going to upset Texas Tech? This will be the game of the week, and I think Oklahoma's offense is good enough to hang with Texas Tech, and it will be a score-a-thon!

Bama overcame adversity Saturday for the first time this season in a hostile environment, Death Valley. Baton Rouge is one of the toughest places to play in the country, and JPW played his toughest game of the season (although the cell phone call he made after the first score gave LSU great field position for their first score...really lame call by the official after letting Florids's Tebow do the same thing with no penalty). Bama's defense is one of the best in the country, and the offense can run on anybody. Julio Jones is a MAN, and this freshman will make some noise before he goes to the NFL. I think any undefeated SEC team deserves to be ranked #1 at this point in the season, so here's my top 5.

1. Alabama

2. Texas Tech

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. Oklahoma

Switch 1 and 2, and we've got a deal. ;)

Yep, until everyone else loses, they are on the outside looking in...

I don't see Florida ahead of Texas in the new polls. But then again, everyone is all over the SEC's member so, trouble for Texas

I don't see Florida ahead of Texas in the new polls. But then again, everyone is all over the SEC's member so, trouble for Texas

Florida is ranked #3 in both polls...Texas is #4 in one and #5 in the other behind Oklahoma...figure that one out...

Florida is ranked #3 in both polls...Texas is #4 in one and #5 in the other behind Oklahoma...figure that one out...

Texas and Oklahoma are leaps and bounds ahead of Florida...

I would LOVE to see Florida or USC try and go through the schedule that Texas, Texas Tech or Oklahoma has. If they went through the games Texas just went through, they would be lucky to finish 3-2 over the past 5 weeks. Texas Tech is now going through the same gauntlet Texas had to go through and I honestly don't know if they can get past Oklahoma. The game this weekend to watch will be the Texas Tech-Oklahoma matchup. It's going to be high scoring, and the winner will be determined by which defense can make the most impact plays. I give the advantage to Texas Tech after coming off two HUGE wins in the past two weeks. But who knows with the way this season has been going.

I would love to see these high powered Big XII offenses go against a real defense. Texas couldn't get anything done against Texas Tech's 100+ ranked pass defense, imagine what would happen if they played someone legit.

Once again, the Florida Gators will be your 2008-2009 National Champions.

I would LOVE to see Florida or USC try and go through the schedule that Texas, Texas Tech or Oklahoma has. If they went through the games Texas just went through, they would be lucky to finish 3-2 over the past 5 weeks. Texas Tech is now going through the same gauntlet Texas had to go through and I honestly don't know if they can get past Oklahoma. The game this weekend to watch will be the Texas Tech-Oklahoma matchup. It's going to be high scoring, and the winner will be determined by which defense can make the most impact plays. I give the advantage to Texas Tech after coming off two HUGE wins in the past two weeks. But who knows with the way this season has been going.
Excellent points...that's why we need a playoff. I really think Florida can play with anyone in the country, but your point is a good one. The Big 12 is strong this year, and the SEC is not as strong as everyone thought it would be. Auburn and Tennessee have made sure of that. But can you guys imagine what a playoff we would have this year? Take the top 8 teams and go for it. That would make for some really great football.

I would love to see these high powered Big XII offenses go against a real defense. Texas couldn't get anything done against Texas Tech's 100+ ranked pass defense, imagine what would happen if they played someone legit.

Once again, the Florida Gators will be your 2008-2009 National Champions.

Keep dreaming. Florida isn't even going to get a shot at the title.

If they knock off Alabama in the SEC title game, they certainly will. In fact, they're the only 1-loss team that controls their own destiny...

But with how Bama is playing, I highly doubt that could happen. I overheard some guys talking the other day, and they were saying the what if's and someone brought up it could be another Texas-OU matchup in the NC game. Now I would LOVE that, but the chances of that happening are VERY small. But you never know with college football. It would be HUGE for ratings and ticket sales but I highly doubt a Texas-OU NC game would happen.